Photo

I'm hesitant... (Lengthy post, sorry)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
40 replies to this topic

#31 faerie

faerie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:23 PM

The man's body language looks calm and relaxed as does your horse! Pony looks curious as well! Just might work!
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

#32 Eclectic

Eclectic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:13 PM

The man's body language looks calm and relaxed as does your horse! Pony looks curious as well! Just might work!

I agree faerie, I was very pleased that he was calm with Paladinn. AFter I brought Paladinn out I handed him the lead and requested that he walk him around and see how he felt and how Paladinn reacted to him.

As recommended earlier, I do want to meet with the "trainer" that will be working with Calvin and Paladinn. Of course that is contingent on whether or not he purchases Paladinn. Time will tell.

#33 ArabHrsLvr

ArabHrsLvr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:08 PM

Not that this really matters, but my first thought when I saw his pic was "He's standing on the wrong side!". I know that's silly, and that you can stand on whatever side you want...it was just my first reaction. :D

#34 msjwebb

msjwebb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:47 PM

Not that this really matters, but my first thought when I saw his pic was "He's standing on the wrong side!". I know that's silly, and that you can stand on whatever side you want...it was just my first reaction. :D

My honey does that too. He is left handed and it is easier for him that way. I kinda like it 'cuse then we can hold hands walking ponies. ;)

#35 Mama Mousekewitz

Mama Mousekewitz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:16 PM

That was my thought too!! LOL I know it doesn't matter... but I thought it anyway.
Missy -- College Attending Working Mom of Three!
Horse-Mom to BP Tali Reese
(Tali Sahib x Bint Tireesa)
2002 Black Purebred Arabian Gelding

#36 ladycascabel

ladycascabel

Advanced Member

• Silver Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,627 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:48 PM

You lead dogs from the left hand, normally, maybe this newbie does not yet know the difference. Not a point to stress over. If the horse likes him and he is willing to learn, it's a win-win situation!

Mary Logan

www.cascabelranch.com

Proud of our family of working western athletes: Arabians, Half-arabs, National Foundation Quarter Horses.
Producers of all-natural grass-fed beef.

The Arabian and Half-arab Fam:

TS Paarden Mia chestnut purebred mare
HAA Marco Rojo chestnut Classical Spanish gelding
SA Firefoxx chestnut purebred gelding
OFW Carnation bay purebred mare
Baileys Khaffe Latte buckskin HA gelding
Skyy RPA amber champagne HA mare
Goldenseal MSL palomino HA gelding
Tenebria MSL black HA filly SOLD

#37 Runswithhorses

Runswithhorses

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:12 PM

I just saw this post, and really hope this works out. It makes me think of a former "trainer's" horse. I used to ride with this person who was an Arabian "trainer". Her own personal horse was psychotic and really left a bad impression on the breed when she took him to open schooling shows. I will never forget the time we were at an A rated Arabian show. She had just ridden this nervous wreck of a horse in a trail class, and needing to hand the horse over to someone so she could show some one else's horse, she handed him over to my absolutely non-horseman husband. Brent took this horse for a walk. When he returned the horse was so relaxed and happy like I have never seen him before. I always wondered what would have happened had he been allowed to ride this horse. The horse was relaxed until his "trainer" owner showed up to take the reins back and he snapped back into nervous wreck.

Sometimes horses and people just click. I hope that is the case for your guy and this man. Please update us with what happens.
Government is not the answer, it is the problem.

#38 Lacinda

Lacinda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,723 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:30 PM

I'd go with your gut and also depending on the price get some references, if he is paying enough that says a lot in itself , but if its a lesser expensive horse.....I'd check the ref's (not that people who pay more can't be bad but in general I am finding those who want everything handed to them are not as good of caretakers)
Signature being edited, too large.

#39 chalice

chalice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:56 PM

Glad to hear it really went well. And come to think of it, I've heard of horses that may act all funky around people more experienced, but just settle right down and behave very well for some not-so-experienced. I've even seen some lesson horses who are a real challenge to some riders step underneath a beginner rider when they lose their balance. It's possible those two could work out.

#40 MyHorseStormy

MyHorseStormy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:15 PM

So glad it's working out! I hope he's the guy for your horse.