Photo

Region 3 Sporthorse

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 twnkltoz

twnkltoz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:12 AM

Region 3 Sporthorse Championships just wrapped up, and it was a great show! I heard there were 90 more horses than last year, which is awesome. There were some large classes and everyone seemed to have a good time. I'll let Patience post how well Glynnsong did, because she has all the ribbons, but I do know we had 7 championships with the four horses.

It was great to see some ABN members, including Ambar and Chris Bailey, whom I'd never met in person before. That's the best thing about showing--seeing your horse show friends you only see a few times a year!
Jennifer Walker
Capt Han Solo+,Reserve National Champion training level dressage, Top Ten first level dresage, Regional Champion Sport Horse Stallion available for lease
Author of The Riders of Green Meadow Series--Arabian horse fiction for young teens and the young-at-heart

#2 Tamcam

Tamcam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,916 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:36 AM

It was an AWESOME show!!! Thank you to everyone who showed and VOLUNTEERED to help make this the best Regionals in many many years!!! Huge congrats to Chris Bailey and her super talented mare Jull on their Regional win in Grand Prix - so happy for you!!! Mirage V+++// also had an awesome show with many Championships, what a cool horse. The Al-Marah horses were once again in their winning ways and a big thanks to them for bringing HUNTERS to our Regional show! Very exciting to see so many Arabians jumping. The quality of horses was just outstanding - BRAVO everyone. Big thanks to our Patron Sponsors, Mt. Pleasant Stallion Station, Stanley Ranch, Al-Marah Arabians & Micheal Bowling & Linda Walsh. We did not have one empty stall at Starr Vaughn Equestrian, how cool is that! We were up in numbers, 20+ over last year for Regionals.

My little brag for the show... My Hanoverian/Arabian filly Excepchanel went Champion in SHIH HA Mares ATH with Johanna Constance and was High Score of Regionals with an 82.1. So proud of my girl! As a small breeder this is so exciting!
Reg.3 Chanel 9785.jpg

Posted Image

Copyright 2011

Posted Image

#3 mysticrch

mysticrch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,796 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:06 AM

Yes it was a fun show and congrats to everyone who showed and did well. We started the show off at a big disadvantage with our trainer breaking her ankle the Sunday before the show, but she had one of her junior students ride Zeus and although they did not win any championships, with only two rides on him before the show, never riding above first level, never riding a stallion and never riding in ring classes I have to say that we are very proud of both of them and the effort they put in.

The great news is that now this junior rider is hocked on Arabians!!! and had so much fun at the show that she wants her own horse to show at Arabian Shows or we may have a new Arabian owner in the near future. She actually has decided that since she loved Zeus and his disposition so much that she wants his Anglo son Apollo, so we'll see if her parents agree and get him for her.
Karen Ernst
Owner & Breeder of:
ZEUS MR (JS Padronov x MSN Zamia by Ansata Shah Zam)
2012 SHN Top Ten Arabian Sport Horse In Hand Stallion ATH

#4 jane Rinka

jane Rinka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:07 AM

Our stallion, GaiEminent, went Region III Reserve Champion Sport Horse Show Hack. It was the first time we showed in that division. He took home the blue from the Pacific Coast Arabian Sport Horse Classic/Sport Horse Show Hack.

#5 twnkltoz

twnkltoz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:55 AM

Our stallion, GaiEminent, went Region III Reserve Champion Sport Horse Show Hack. It was the first time we showed in that division. He took home the blue from the Pacific Coast Arabian Sport Horse Classic/Sport Horse Show Hack.

You must be Eric's wife. He used to be my shoer. Your stallion is lovely.
Jennifer Walker
Capt Han Solo+,Reserve National Champion training level dressage, Top Ten first level dresage, Regional Champion Sport Horse Stallion available for lease
Author of The Riders of Green Meadow Series--Arabian horse fiction for young teens and the young-at-heart

#6 BFF

BFF

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:55 AM

We are definitely planning on attending Region III next year.

Particpation in Sport Horse Classes down here in Region II is dwinding and one Club is no longer going to
hold it in either of the two shows they put on.

I used to always go to Region III back in the day when it was held in Reno (and Santa Rosa) long before they split the Sport Horse
out of it, and it was always one of my favorite shows.

Congratulations to everyone who had a great show!!!

Bonn-Fyre Farms/Training Center home to- 2014 Region II Champion Stallion,Pure Polish- Elikzir (Ganges x Ularia),

7 Time U.S. National Top Ten Stallion LA LegacyInBlack+++//,

U;S. National Champion Stallion H/A SHIH- The Terminatorr+(Azh Naborr x L'argent- German Verband Hanoverian) 

https://www.facebook...571022559602050

#7 jane Rinka

jane Rinka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:29 PM

You must be Eric's wife. He used to be my shoer. Your stallion is lovely.

Thank you! We love our Emmy. And that would be me, Eric's beloved. Eric was a necessary part in getting us our Regional III Reserve Championship. He has been my farrier for oh so many years. He does great by my horses. We're looking at Nationals!

#8 Riverswest

Riverswest

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:48 PM

Region 3 Sporthorse Championships just wrapped up, and it was a great show! I heard there were 90 more horses than last year, which is awesome. There were some large classes and everyone seemed to have a good time. I'll let Patience post how well Glynnsong did, because she has all the ribbons, but I do know we had 7 championships with the four horses.

It was great to see some ABN members, including Ambar and Chris Bailey, whom I'd never met in person before. That's the best thing about showing--seeing your horse show friends you only see a few times a year!

More like 30 more horses Jennifer, not 90. I only went in one class this year. I rode Azrabey's 26 year old dam in the SH U/S ATR. Had a good ride, but did not place in the class of 19 horses. There were 18 in the open. They need to consider spliting these classes for Purebreds and allow horses to cross enter. I am pretty sure that most trainers have more than one SH in their barn. I'm sure it would pay for it self. I have 2 horses, 1 hunter and 1 dressage horse, spliting them sure would help me. Don't think the HA SH classes are big enough to make the split cost effective. Classes not split should use both judges. I was just glad to be showing again after almost 3 years off.

#9 liz

liz

Chief feeder and pooper scooper

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:51 PM

More like 30 more horses Jennifer, not 90. I only went in one class this year. I rode Azrabey's 26 year old dam in the SH U/S ATR. Had a good ride, but did not place in the class of 19 horses. There were 18 in the open. They need to consider spliting these classes for Purebreds and allow horses to cross enter. I am pretty sure that most trainers have more than one SH in their barn. I'm sure it would pay for it self. I have 2 horses, 1 hunter and 1 dressage horse, spliting them sure would help me. Don't think the HA SH classes are big enough to make the split cost effective. Classes not split should use both judges. I was just glad to be showing again after almost 3 years off.

Agreed....Talk with show management and present a compelling case for making the split. Indeed it would be great for trainers and amateurs alike.

Vanilla Zip - Sire of Canadian/Sport Horse/Youth/US National Champion,  TT & Regional winners- 5 Nat WP TT winners in 2013
Faramond BPA (Versace) -  stallion   SOLD    5 National Top Tens in WP  

Summerwind Australian Shepherds -  No puppies available at the time...

#10 Riverswest

Riverswest

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:57 PM

Agreed....Talk with show management and present a compelling case for making the split. Indeed it would be great for trainers and amateurs alike.

Have already done that; plan to bring it up at the Reg. 3 meeting next week. Anyone can attend these meetings.