Photo

China buyers....anyone with experience?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#1 PINEWOOD ARABIANS

PINEWOOD ARABIANS

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:28 AM

We have keen interest through a legitimate agent from a buyer in China for one of our horses for sale. Does anyone have personal experience with this? I know there have been quite a number of horses exported there recently. What are they doing with the horses? Can you keep in contact with the new owners on how the horse is doing? I am aware that there are many scams out there, but this does not appear to be the case here. I would love to hear thoughts and any personal experience any of you might have had with a sale to China.

PINEWOOD ARABIANS
526 N. ROOTE AVENUE, MANSFIELD, MISSOURI 65704 * 417-924-8856 * debraj01@centurytel.net

At Stud PSOULFIRE (Padrons Psyche x GFA Firen Lace by Afire Bey V) *** KAYCEENO PWA (Showkayce x Joras Honey Queen)

Home Of CCA IndpendenzBey (Bey Shah x SR Mardi Graz) *** Joras Honey Queen (CSA Dallas x Jora Tez by Jora Honey Ku)
Alada Vanity (Alada Baskin I x Mars Lady Vanity by Marsianin) *** Aabsolut Enchantment (Aabsolut x Enchantilly by Enchanter Magic FHP)
Ecahnaten PWA (Ecaho x Enchantilly by Enchanter Magic FHP) *** Psoul Queen PWA (Psoulfire x Joras Honey Queen) *** Pserafina PWA (Psoulfire x Spartakiss)

#2 siiamese

siiamese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,201 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:24 AM

I got those messages a while back as well
was not able to decide if it was real or not

#3 maryjo

maryjo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,660 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:33 AM

I talked to a breeder last week that has sold horses to China. Their video's are up on the internet. She has had some contact with them after the sale. (Also sells to Middle East). She is anticipating selling more to China.
MaryJo

#4 Terra Sano

Terra Sano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:37 AM

There was an article in a magazine a while back saying Terry Johnson from B.C. Canada has had multiple transactions there. She might be able to help.

#5 ladycascabel

ladycascabel

Advanced Member

• Silver Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,870 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:41 AM

I believe ABN member Three Day Ranch sold her black stallion TDR White Stone to China.

Mary Logan

www.cascabelranch.com

Proud of our family of working western athletes: Arabians, Half-arabs, National Foundation Quarter Horses.
Producers of all-natural grass-fed beef.

The Arabian and Half-arab Fam:

TS Paarden Mia chestnut purebred mare
HAA Marco Rojo chestnut Classical Spanish gelding
SA Firefoxx chestnut purebred gelding
OFW Carnation bay purebred mare
Skyy RPA amber champagne HA mare
Goldenseal MSL palomino HA gelding

besttext2.jpg

#6 SWells

SWells

Sapphire Farms

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:48 AM

Most of the horses I have seen going to China were black Arabians...

Sue Wells
Sapphire Farms

Posted Image

Visit us on the web!

#7 skg1

skg1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:34 PM

I am no help at all here other than to say this would scare me......
KG
Proud Owner Of:

JMK Blue Bayou (Fun Valley Gusto x *Amira Bidiya)

Region 15 Top 5 Ladies Side Saddle

Aabsolut Flame SF (Aabsolut x EE Karmel)

Natalya TO (Sir Fames x Sol Natique)

#8 saarabs

saarabs

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,762 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:47 PM

I am no help at all here other than to say this would scare me......
KG

Amen to that...never would sell overseas...

Halim Bahim Star SE, Blue black Rabicano Gelding
Psyches Psyche SPA chestnut sabino gelding
Javalls Miracle- Pintabian Chestnut tobiano gelding

Serenity Acres Arabians

#9 PINEWOOD ARABIANS

PINEWOOD ARABIANS

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:53 PM

I know! It does make me nervous! That is why I am asking for input. I don't want to she him end up as Arabian stallion sushi at some expensive restaurant in Beijing!

PINEWOOD ARABIANS
526 N. ROOTE AVENUE, MANSFIELD, MISSOURI 65704 * 417-924-8856 * debraj01@centurytel.net

At Stud PSOULFIRE (Padrons Psyche x GFA Firen Lace by Afire Bey V) *** KAYCEENO PWA (Showkayce x Joras Honey Queen)

Home Of CCA IndpendenzBey (Bey Shah x SR Mardi Graz) *** Joras Honey Queen (CSA Dallas x Jora Tez by Jora Honey Ku)
Alada Vanity (Alada Baskin I x Mars Lady Vanity by Marsianin) *** Aabsolut Enchantment (Aabsolut x Enchantilly by Enchanter Magic FHP)
Ecahnaten PWA (Ecaho x Enchantilly by Enchanter Magic FHP) *** Psoul Queen PWA (Psoulfire x Joras Honey Queen) *** Pserafina PWA (Psoulfire x Spartakiss)

#10 Montana Design

Montana Design

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:42 PM

I sold my DA Valentino son to China last fall. They wanted a stallion to ride. Not much different for me then selling to the Middle East, but the agents took care of all the details for me.

I worried a little, but ultimately decided that they were paying to much to get him there not to have the resources to properly care for him.

Montana Arabians

www.MontanaArabians.com

info@MontanaArabians.com • 415-515-8737