Photo

How hot is it where you are? Heat wave here...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#1 Cassiosum Acres Arabians

Cassiosum Acres Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,658 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:53 AM

Today is day #3 of our heat wave here in much of Ontario (Canada). Right now temp is sitting at 86F and feels like 99F (Which is 30 Celcius, feeling like 37 Celcius)
Tomorrow will be back to normal though in the 70's. Iam not complaining as i love the heat!
Cassiosum Acres Arabians & Tack
Ask about our monthly sales and specials and check me out on Facebook too
RIP to my heart and soul SUMMETICIAN May 30 1993 - January 6th 2012. Mom loves you always and we will meet again

#2 stace

stace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:18 AM

It's hot enough in london that I'm threatening anyone in the office who sings Heat Wave with physical violence

But I'm a heat wimp.
~~Stace~~
~~Skye Angel (LMA Prospector x GA Scarlet Angel) '97 Bay Purebred, 2006 Region 18 Champ Native Costume ATR, AHAEC Hi-Point Native Costume. In foal to FSF Jesse James for a 2013 Baby!
~~Nikita Angel RLSA (SFA Magnus x Skye Angel) '05 Grey Purebred, shown Native Costume & Sporthorse~

#3 OHR

OHR

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:26 PM

Third straight week of 90+ temps here, and very dry. No rain in all that time either. It's a crispy world here. At this moment in time, it is 93 degrees and still climbing.

Cat Dancing (HA)
MJ Khontessa
Blu Khrystal Pistol
 SC Khemero

#4 Kailicia'sGirl

Kailicia'sGirl

PGN Kailicia( Kaiyoum x PGN Solataire)

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:29 PM

I am a heat wimp as well. This wave is killing me and the horses are very uncomfortable as well. I can't wait to get a break from it for a day or two!

Penny Lane Arabians
Stallions: U.S & CDN Res. National Champion Futurity Colt, Sol Debut (x Solstice) and Fazio (Eden C x Swanah). 

The Mares: Lady Versace (Versace), PGN Kailicia (Kaiyoum++), Swanah (Versace), FS Betty Grable (Padrons Psyche), Flames Rhapsody (Bask Flame), PGN Show NTell+ (Showkayce+), Showanna (Showkayce+), Star Of The Sshow (Showkayce+ x PGN Kailicia), Ezalia (Eden C x PGN Kailicia), Ellie Mae PF (Eden C), Sol Contessa (Sol Debut x FS Betty Grable), and My Queen - National Champion Baskskokhette+ (SV Basksko).

#5 tiki-bird

tiki-bird

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:09 PM

90s here, but it's the drought that is making things awful. Crispy, toasty grass in the shade, and nothing but the most durable weeds in the open pasture. I have never had to buy hay in May/June before. :(

Preserving the bloodline of *Lotnik, WWII Prize of War

Author of Tennessee's Arabian Horse Racing Heritage

#6 felina

felina

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:12 PM

I wish it would finally rain here. Everything is extra crispy. I am several shades of lobster red, despite the sunscreen as well! At least the heat broke today. It was in the 90s and is just around 83-85 I think. Dry heat would be nice too, instead of this humidity that lingers and makes my hair look like a poofball.
Look back on our struggle for freedom,
Trace our present day's strength to its source;
And you'll find that man's pathway to glory
Is strewn with the bones of a horse.
Anonymous

#7 Pheobe

Pheobe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:46 PM

We are on day two of 80 degree plus weather. My windows are all open, a breeze is blowing, and we are enjoying the sunshine. We are in Oregon, tomorrow and the next six days are supposed to be wet, wet, wet.

#8 LaurieB

LaurieB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:50 PM

109 here and glad its not 115 today. Summer's here and we are in it for the long run.

Laurie

......website is getting an update, check back in a day or two!.....
Original Horse Sculpture and Jewelry

Standing TR Prophecy, Straight Russian Stallion

#9 siiamese

siiamese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,751 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:00 PM

summer here so it is in the 90's

#10 faerie

faerie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:34 PM

Hot and humid. Makes me look wrinkle free. That is the upside. No oversize pores either.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein