Photo

Firecreek Farwa & Region 10 Reining

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 firecreek

firecreek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:52 AM

Firecreek Farwa (Overlook Farwa x Firelight TF), aka Whim, won another Region 10 Top Five in Arabian Reining on Friday. Another great ride by my trainer, Sarah Mackay, made under difficult ring conditions. And...on Saturday I won Reserve Champion in ATR reining!!! (Can you tell I'm pretty happy about this?) This was my first regional placing. Sarah is not only a great trainer but also a really super and patient coach. The competition continues to improve. I heard there were 80 rides entered this year, of which 16 were Open Arabian and 13 in Arabian ATR.

Over the past year I also have been showing Whim at North Central Reining Horse Assoc. (NCRHA is an NRHA affiliate) shows. Two weeks ago I got my first placing, a second in Green as Grass. Usually, Whim is the only Arabian at these shows, but at the last one another trainer brought his juniors and amateurs to tune up for regionals. They seemed to have a good time and did very, very well at the regional show too. I think one of his junior riders won the HA/AA Open Reining as well as the equitation!
Laurel - Firecreek Farm
Firecreek Farwa (Overlook Farwa x Firelight TF)
Region 10 Top Five Open Reining 2002, 2011 & 2012 -
Region 10 Reserve Champion Reining ATR 2012
Canadian Top Ten Reining AAOTR 40+ 2012

#2 lunalisa

lunalisa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:56 AM

Way to go
Of course we NEED pictures, which you overlooked in your natural high. :rolleyes:
Namaste, LunaLisa

#3 siiamese

siiamese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,978 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:33 AM

excellent news
so happy for you

#4 firecreek

firecreek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:39 AM

Long story short..unfortunately, no photos or video at this time.

Long story...photos were one of the smaller problems with the reining pen...new arena that at 75 x 200 is way too narrow for reining at a regional show level. The large fast circles were by necessity, medium slow ovals. The footing was deep. Of course, the conditions were equally difficult for everyone so on with the show. The backup photographer had a difficult time with the angle since she shot from the bleachers which are about 6' above the arena floor on the long side. The win photo setup was outside; however, Saturday, it was raining so the photographer got what I would characterize as a snapshot of the win, no help with ears and thus, for my horse, ears at rest, no backdrop, no presenter, none of the things that could have identified the show as a regional championship. The videographer wanted $10 just to look at the video, the actual cost of the video was a fair amount more. By the time I investigated the video, I was too disgusted to even pay that. FYI...at the NCRHA shows you can view the video of your ride immediately after you ride for nothing. There's a monitor setup in the warm up pen. Then you can learn from your ride and know if it's something you want to purchase. That is one of the many things I like about NCRHA shows.

Aside from the many distractions, it was a good show for me. I'll probably buy the snapshot with relaxed ears and years from now I'll have that and the Reserve's roses and ribbons to remember. The rest won't be important.
Laurel - Firecreek Farm

#5 mhtokay

mhtokay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:45 AM

I've admired pictures of Overlook Farwa in the past. How old is your horse? Congratulations.

#6 innishfael

innishfael

Advanced Member

• Gold Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,648 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:52 AM

congrats! sounded like region 10 had a huge show and i heard positive things about it except for the reining ring. hopefully, they can adjust that for next year.

sheila - innishfael farm
Posted Image

#7 dowedoit

dowedoit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,419 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:14 AM

Wow - big CONGRATS to you and Whim! What a very successful show you had. Hope it's just the beginning of a very long, successful show career for both of you.
Home of Kalaloch (Piaff PASB x Ahbliss), multiple US National Champion, multiple Regional Champion and Scottsdale Champion.
CA and SCID negative.

#8 krissylekrix2001

krissylekrix2001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:48 PM

Congrats to you and your boy!

#9 firecreek

firecreek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:18 PM

I've admired pictures of Overlook Farwa in the past. How old is your horse? Congratulations.

Thank you. Whim is 14. Arlene did an excellent write up on him which can be found in the "Arabian Horse Cafe" section of this forum under the title "Kudos to Arlene Magid".
Laurel - Firecreek Farm