Photo

Young, registered NSH mare at TIER

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#1 hfs

hfs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:13 AM

AHA papers in order, but don't know if she was also registered NSH. This dear girl was shown in halter in 2007, and ended up in these dire straits!

http://www.facebook....&type=1

NSHmare.jpg

#2 faerie

faerie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:27 AM

She looks to have decent conformation. Someone is going to get a nice horse if she isn't 100 years old.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

#3 hfs

hfs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:33 AM

I believe she's a whopping, ancient 7.

#4 BFF

BFF

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:41 AM

Wow.
Am I reading correctly, a "rescue" bought her and her condition got worse?

The mare is registered as
WDF ELSTONS SEABREEZE (WDF APRILS GINGER) - HAHR*1A354299 Feb 4, 2004
Sired by the pure Polish stallion Elston (Pepton x Ekstaza by Celebes)

Her dam is a Saddlebred mare SEAWINDS APRIL LOVE

Has any of the previous owners been contacted?
One would think the folks that took her to those five shows she was in might have a soft spot for her?

Bonn-Fyre Farms/Training Center home to- 2014 Region II Champion Stallion,Pure Polish- Elikzir (Ganges x Ularia),

7 Time U.S. National Top Ten Stallion LA LegacyInBlack+++//,

U;S. National Champion Stallion H/A SHIH- The Terminatorr+(Azh Naborr x L'argent- German Verband Hanoverian) 

https://www.facebook...571022559602050

#5 hfs

hfs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 07:09 AM

No, a rescue didn't buy her - evidently she was a craigslist giveaway, and the person to whom she was given contacted Gail, etc.

#6 BFF

BFF

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 07:11 AM

It is incredible that she is upright in the condition she is in, its amazing she has the strength.
Poor girl.
Thank goodness she has gotten to Gail. If ever a horse needed an upgrade this is one of them!

Thank you GAIL!!!!!

Bonn-Fyre Farms/Training Center home to- 2014 Region II Champion Stallion,Pure Polish- Elikzir (Ganges x Ularia),

7 Time U.S. National Top Ten Stallion LA LegacyInBlack+++//,

U;S. National Champion Stallion H/A SHIH- The Terminatorr+(Azh Naborr x L'argent- German Verband Hanoverian) 

https://www.facebook...571022559602050

#7 Dreamcatcher

Dreamcatcher

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,241 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 07:44 AM

THAT is what Gigi looked like when I got her back. That's a freakin' shame, beautiful mare like that! But I know Gail will get the groceries in her and in 6 months you won't believe it's the same horse! Very happy that Gail has her now!

Pat Lowe

#8 faerie

faerie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:35 PM

WOW! Too bad she is in CA. I'll bet she'll clean up nice and move like a million! Unless of course they have broken her down.

Again, I think someone will have a lovely mare hiding in those bones.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

#9 Whoanellie

Whoanellie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:22 AM

It is incredible that she is upright in the condition she is in, its amazing she has the strength.
Poor girl.
Thank goodness she has gotten to Gail. If ever a horse needed an upgrade this is one of them!

Thank you GAIL!!!!!

BFF, We are being guarded about her condition. We do not know the extent of damage to her organs from the starvation. She is very sensitive/tender in the pelvic area (kidneys) and I am concerned about that. When they are starved to this degree (she is one of the worst we have brought in) the body automatically takes any nutrition it can get over time from muscles, organs, etc.

Some members may remember years ago (2008) we rescued a beautiful Arabian Mare named Tori. Sadly, the damage from long term starvation had taken its toll. Tori was willing, but her body could not recover. I hope that Breezy can make it. She is bright eyed and willing and much younger than Tori was. But long term damage can wreak havoc on their systems.

Breezy will have her teeth floated this morning at TIER. She is having great difficulty eating hay. She eats a few mouthfuls and then goes to the water barrel to rinse her mouth out. She most likely has ulcers from sharp teeth gouging into her cheeks. When you put your hand on the side of her jaw where her teeth are she jerks her head away. It will take a bit after the floating (smoothing out of sharp edges and hooks on teeth) for the sores to heal and for her to get used to being able to chew her hay without pain. TIER will update her web page after the procedure is done.

More pics of this lovely girl at her page on the TIER website: BREEZY

#10 Fereyna1982

Fereyna1982

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:56 AM

I wonder if a weekly CBC/SMAC panel wouldn't be a good idea, to help monitor her condition.

Poor girl. I hope she is able to recover from this ordeal.