Photo

Belmont

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 aramar

aramar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:07 PM

I'll Have Another.......sctatchec with tendonitus.

#2 Meralee

Meralee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,046 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:48 AM

I was very happy to see they put the horse 1st. He is to lead the parade with his jockey up. I hope he goes on to breed a tripple crown winner. Mer
Gone but always in my heart. Golden Treasure-1980-2008
Founding member of GAHeC All things I say or photos I post are COPYWRITED!!

#3 ArabHrsLvr

ArabHrsLvr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:53 AM

I have to agree...I was thrilled that they didn't try to push him. Good, selfless owners. :)

#4 Luthien

Luthien

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:22 AM

I'm glad they put the horse first, but with the trainer's upcoming suspension on drugging other horses, it seems a bit sketchy.
Reading Jim Squires' book Headless horsemen: a tale of chemical colts, subprime sales agents, and the last Kentucky Derby on steroids really opened my eyes a lot.

#5 Kailicia'sGirl

Kailicia'sGirl

PGN Kailicia( Kaiyoum x PGN Solataire)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:52 PM

Despite the disappointment at I'll Have Another being scratched, I was ECSTATIC to watch Union Rags finally fulfill his potential. A very nice race.

Penny Lane Arabians https://www.facebook...152855434728757

Stallions At Stud: U.S & CDN Res. National Champion Futurity Colt, Sol Debut (x Solstice) and Fazio (Eden C x Swanah). 

The Mares: Lady Versace (Versace), PGN Kailicia (Kaiyoum++), Swanah (Versace), FS Betty Grable (Padrons Psyche), Flames Rhapsody (Bask Flame), PGN Show NTell+ (Showkayce+), Showanna (Showkayce+), Star Of The Sshow (Showkayce+), Ezalia (Eden C), Ellie Mae PF (Eden C), Sol Contessa (Sol Debut), and my Queen - National Champion, Baskskokhette+!

2015 Foals: Sol Debut x Baskskokhette+, Sol Debut x PGN Show NTell+, Eden C x Star Of The Sshow. Lady Versace is also in foal to DTD Jess Dancin for Leslie Dobson!

#6 ladycascabel

ladycascabel

Advanced Member

• Silver Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,854 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:53 PM

I think they didn't want another Barbaro incident. Racing took a big PR hit over that tragedy.
However, if the general public really knew what goes on at racetracks on a daily basis, they would be absolutely horrified.
Yes, there are some ethical people involved in the racing industry but there are also a LOT of downright heartless and unscrupulous people there, too.

I personally feel that the Triple Crown races should be for four year olds, and that no horse should be raced before he is three. But as long as the money is more important than the horses, it will never happen.

Mary Logan

www.cascabelranch.com

Proud of our family of working western athletes: Arabians, Half-arabs, National Foundation Quarter Horses.
Producers of all-natural grass-fed beef.

The Arabian and Half-arab Fam:

TS Paarden Mia chestnut purebred mare
HAA Marco Rojo chestnut Classical Spanish gelding
SA Firefoxx chestnut purebred gelding
OFW Carnation bay purebred mare
Skyy RPA amber champagne HA mare
Goldenseal MSL palomino HA gelding

besttext2.jpg

#7 El Bey Angel

El Bey Angel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:28 AM

I was pretty excited to see Bodiemeister be unraced until he was 3, and do so well, especially with such a high profile trainer as Baffert. Bodiemeister is a very nice horse--He was initially the one I was rooting for--but after IHA won, I couldn't help hoping this year would end up with a triple crown winner, and a 'second place' triple crown winner in Bodie--but unfortunately not so :(
Posted Image
My Graphite and colored pencil art gallery:
Bridgette Lewis Art

#8 Kailicia'sGirl

Kailicia'sGirl

PGN Kailicia( Kaiyoum x PGN Solataire)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:33 PM

I was pretty excited to see Bodiemeister be unraced until he was 3, and do so well, especially with such a high profile trainer as Baffert. Bodiemeister is a very nice horse--He was initially the one I was rooting for--but after IHA won, I couldn't help hoping this year would end up with a triple crown winner, and a 'second place' triple crown winner in Bodie--but unfortunately not so :(

I am also a HUGE fan of Bodiemeister and still believe he will achieve great great things. He's a game horse with a lot of speed and great breeding.

Penny Lane Arabians https://www.facebook...152855434728757

Stallions At Stud: U.S & CDN Res. National Champion Futurity Colt, Sol Debut (x Solstice) and Fazio (Eden C x Swanah). 

The Mares: Lady Versace (Versace), PGN Kailicia (Kaiyoum++), Swanah (Versace), FS Betty Grable (Padrons Psyche), Flames Rhapsody (Bask Flame), PGN Show NTell+ (Showkayce+), Showanna (Showkayce+), Star Of The Sshow (Showkayce+), Ezalia (Eden C), Ellie Mae PF (Eden C), Sol Contessa (Sol Debut), and my Queen - National Champion, Baskskokhette+!

2015 Foals: Sol Debut x Baskskokhette+, Sol Debut x PGN Show NTell+, Eden C x Star Of The Sshow. Lady Versace is also in foal to DTD Jess Dancin for Leslie Dobson!

#9 tcthunder

tcthunder

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:41 PM

I believe that I'll Have Another was facing daily anti-doping testing procedures in New York due to his trainers past and they decided not to run him without whatever he had been given in previous training sessions. Similar to performance enhancing drug testing in the Olympics.
Home to:

ACCLAIMMED RRX (Affirmmed x Misaahbi) 6/13/06-12/2/10 R.I.P.

ANIMIKIKA@MSN.COM

#10 ladycascabel

ladycascabel

Advanced Member

• Silver Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,854 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:26 PM

Tcthunder, your opinion does not surprise me. Seems like the racing industry is always trying to stay one step ahead of the testers with their chemical enhancements. I just recently stood in shock as a former "trainer" I know bold-facedly told a friend and me how they are using cone snail and poison dart frog venom in race horses, the effects are similar to cocaine and are currently untestable.

Mary Logan

www.cascabelranch.com

Proud of our family of working western athletes: Arabians, Half-arabs, National Foundation Quarter Horses.
Producers of all-natural grass-fed beef.

The Arabian and Half-arab Fam:

TS Paarden Mia chestnut purebred mare
HAA Marco Rojo chestnut Classical Spanish gelding
SA Firefoxx chestnut purebred gelding
OFW Carnation bay purebred mare
Skyy RPA amber champagne HA mare
Goldenseal MSL palomino HA gelding

besttext2.jpg