Photo

My "Addis"geldings went to their first show

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 Lmequine

Lmequine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:06 PM

Closure CCF and VA Flaming Ember went to their first horse show today, the Lone Star Arabian Horse Club open show. I have had Closure for a month now and Ember for 2 weeks. Considering that hauling to my house has been their only trailer ride and neither have seen the big bad world, they both did GREAT today. :)

Ember went in purebred gelding halter and got a 2nd and reserve champion against some nice competition. He also went in showmanship in halter against the QH's and got a 6th out of 8 which I was very happy with since the competition was tough and he had never been asked to do a 360 degree pivot (we had worked on 180's only once!).

Closure was 2nd in his halter class and the judge comment that he was a very nice baby and should do well in the sport horse classes. He also went in liberty and had a really nice run and a good catch but he did not win. It was a jackpot class so only one winner.

Both boys learned to stand tied to the trailer, drink water out of a bucket (swear Closure enjoyed watching me carry the water to him!), and they got to see kids, dogs and horses everywhere plus it was Ember's first time to be in a covered arena! So happy with both of them :wub: and so lucky to have these nice open shows within 2 hrs of me so they can get some good ring experience before going to a rated show.
Leah Johnson
Quitman, TX

#2 Lmequine

Lmequine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:26 PM

Here is a small photo of Closure and Ember sharing some hay at the trailer today.

Attached Thumbnails

• ClosureWithEmberJune2012Small.jpg

Leah Johnson
Quitman, TX

#3 ArabHrsLvr

ArabHrsLvr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:06 PM

How exciting! Congrats on the great placings!

#4 innishfael

innishfael

Advanced Member

• Gold Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:24 PM

this is so cool - congratulations! sounds like you picked the right ones for you to have fun with.

sheila - innishfael farm
Posted Image

#5 BFF

BFF

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,853 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:48 PM

Well you are off to a great start and so quickly!!!!

Great things are to come for sure.

Congratulations on a productive day.

Bonn-Fyre Farms/Training Center home to- Pure Polish- Elikzir (Ganges x Ularia) Three time U.S National Top Ten Stallion, 2014 Region II Champion Stallion SHIH, PACIFIC SLOPE TOP FIVE STALLION 2014, Region II Top Five Stallion 201,10 Time U.S. National Top Ten Stallion LA LegacyInBlack+++//,U;S. National Champion Stallion H/A SHIH- The Terminatorr+(Azh Naborr x L'argent- German Verband Hanoverian) <p>https://www.facebook...571022559602050

#6 JennyM

JennyM

Equine Concierge (and Mortgage Loan Officer!)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:40 PM

Congratulations on your successful maiden voyage!! I'm glad all 3 of you did well and had fun!

Thank you for supporting Lone Star AHC :) I couldn't go because the judges were our trainers. It was neat that it was double judged :)

Hope to see you at the next one!

Lady in Waiting to Vanna
Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 Timberlace

Timberlace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:52 PM

Saw you there, the chestnut baby was cute and both were very well behaved.

#8 arabsRgreat

arabsRgreat

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,668 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:49 AM

Awesome!! Love to hear the updates!