Photo

My "Addis"geldings went to their first show

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 Lmequine

Lmequine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:06 PM

Closure CCF and VA Flaming Ember went to their first horse show today, the Lone Star Arabian Horse Club open show. I have had Closure for a month now and Ember for 2 weeks. Considering that hauling to my house has been their only trailer ride and neither have seen the big bad world, they both did GREAT today. :)

Ember went in purebred gelding halter and got a 2nd and reserve champion against some nice competition. He also went in showmanship in halter against the QH's and got a 6th out of 8 which I was very happy with since the competition was tough and he had never been asked to do a 360 degree pivot (we had worked on 180's only once!).

Closure was 2nd in his halter class and the judge comment that he was a very nice baby and should do well in the sport horse classes. He also went in liberty and had a really nice run and a good catch but he did not win. It was a jackpot class so only one winner.

Both boys learned to stand tied to the trailer, drink water out of a bucket (swear Closure enjoyed watching me carry the water to him!), and they got to see kids, dogs and horses everywhere plus it was Ember's first time to be in a covered arena! So happy with both of them :wub: and so lucky to have these nice open shows within 2 hrs of me so they can get some good ring experience before going to a rated show.
Leah Johnson
Quitman, TX

#2 Lmequine

Lmequine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:26 PM

Here is a small photo of Closure and Ember sharing some hay at the trailer today.

Attached Thumbnails

• ClosureWithEmberJune2012Small.jpg

Leah Johnson
Quitman, TX

#3 ArabHrsLvr

ArabHrsLvr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:06 PM

How exciting! Congrats on the great placings!

#4 innishfael

innishfael

Advanced Member

• Gold Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,613 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:24 PM

this is so cool - congratulations! sounds like you picked the right ones for you to have fun with.

sheila - innishfael farm
Posted Image

#5 BFF

BFF

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,597 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:48 PM

Well you are off to a great start and so quickly!!!!

Great things are to come for sure.

Congratulations on a productive day.

Bonn-Fyre Farms/Training Center home to- 2014 Region II Champion Stallion SHIH, PACIFIC SLOPE TOP FIVE  STALLION 2014, Region II Top Five Stallion 2014 Pure Polish- Elikzir (Ganges x Ularia),

7 Time U.S. National Top Ten Stallion LA LegacyInBlack+++//,

U;S. National Champion Stallion H/A SHIH- The Terminatorr+(Azh Naborr x L'argent- German Verband Hanoverian) 

https://www.facebook...571022559602050

#6 JennyM

JennyM

Equine Concierge (and Mortgage Loan Officer!)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:40 PM

Congratulations on your successful maiden voyage!! I'm glad all 3 of you did well and had fun!

Thank you for supporting Lone Star AHC :) I couldn't go because the judges were our trainers. It was neat that it was double judged :)

Hope to see you at the next one!

Lady in Waiting to Vanna
Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 Timberlace

Timberlace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:52 PM

Saw you there, the chestnut baby was cute and both were very well behaved.

#8 arabsRgreat

arabsRgreat

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:49 AM

Awesome!! Love to hear the updates!