Photo

How Do People Do It?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
161 replies to this topic

#111 Timberlace

Timberlace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:58 PM

There will always be another horse. It is sad to have to give up on this one, but feel lucky that you had a ready and able buyer. Another one will come along at a better time for you.

#112 siiamese

siiamese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,798 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:51 AM

so sorry to hear this
I got lucky that I was being paid severance between jobs but also have some bills to catch up on -
and now a water heater that blew up, and an AC system that is having spells of not working

we will both just have to back off and plan for next year................

#113 ArabHrsLvr

ArabHrsLvr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:46 AM

I am so sorry the hear this. Is there any shot of having someone lease him for the show season to buy you some time?

I could have leased him out, the only problem there is that it only buys me trainers fees...and I need help paying all those other bills because of the situation with my new job. Selling Cooper is the only way I can come up with the funds I need. I suppose I need to be thankful that I have a solution, I just wish so bad that it didn't involve selling the horse I've waited all my life to get.

I feel so deflated and quite embarrassed. :(

I should be thrilled about my job...it's really a dream job for me...but it's taking away another dream.

Oh well, I keep telling myself that everything happens for a reason and that God knows what he's doing. It's just so hard to believe it.

#114 Gogetter

Gogetter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:58 AM

Your last statement says it all. I'm sorry to hear you are having to make this difficult decision, but I have a feeling something even better will be in the pipeline for you in the future...be patient and don't stop dreaming!

Amy Johnson Proud owner of Carangi+/ (Versace X Giavanna)

2013 Region 2 UNANIMOUS Champ PB Hunter Pl AAOTR; Region 1 Champ PB Hunter Pl AAOTR; Youth National Top Ten PB Hunter Pleasure JTR 14-18
2012 U.S. National Top Ten PB Hunter Pleasure AAOTR 36-54; Region 2 Champ Hunter Pl. AATR 40+ and Hunter Pl. Open, Res Champ PB Hunter Pl. AAOTR; Region 1 Champion PB Hunter Pleasure AAOTR 40 and over, Reserve Champion PB Hunter Pleasure AATR 40 and over 2011 U.S. National Top Ten (third!) PB Hunter Pleasure AAOTR 36-54, Region 1 Champ PB Hunter AAOTR 40 and Over, Region 2 Reserve Champ PB Hunter AATR

#115 msjwebb

msjwebb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:57 PM

Tell the hubby to suck it up you are bringing Hula home so you do not have to pay board on her too. It is silly to pay board when you are struggling and you have pasture. You might have to supplement with hay, but it will be cheaper than paying board. You never know, bringing her home and working with her, she might be the horse you dreamed of that would take you to the top. One door closes another one opens.

#116 krissylekrix2001

krissylekrix2001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:35 PM

Oy that is a bummer to hear. :-/ Frustrating!!!

#117 Kate'sbiggestfan

Kate'sbiggestfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:17 AM

Embarrassed should be the one thing you are not! I applaud your wisdom in this. Disappointed yes but embarrassed, no. There will always be another horse and showing situation for you. Priority is your home, vehicle and life right now. Enjoy your job and get caught up and then start on the hunt again.
Ginny C.

#118 ArabHrsLvr

ArabHrsLvr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:43 AM

Tell the hubby to suck it up you are bringing Hula home so you do not have to pay board on her too. It is silly to pay board when you are struggling and you have pasture. You might have to supplement with hay, but it will be cheaper than paying board. You never know, bringing her home and working with her, she might be the horse you dreamed of that would take you to the top. One door closes another one opens.

The problem with bringing her home is that I don't have anywhere to school her. At some point we'll have an arena, but right now I have uneven rocky pasture and a dirt road! My friend is great and works with me...and she will work Hula for me when I'm unable. I am super excited about her, and I know she's going to be great.

Embarrassed should be the one thing you are not! I applaud your wisdom in this. Disappointed yes but embarrassed, no. There will always be another horse and showing situation for you. Priority is your home, vehicle and life right now. Enjoy your job and get caught up and then start on the hunt again.

Thank you for this... :)

#119 Chelsea

Chelsea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:29 AM

I absolutely agree. Also, now that you've come to know Ryan, who knows, maybe someday he'll find another for you! He sees a lot of nice horses, and once you're able to really go for it, I'm sure he'll be able to find you another really great horse! Now you can focus on Hula and enjoy her without splitting costs between the two horses, too.

I agree that everything happens for a reason. It just sucks sometimes to have to wait to see what's going to be next :)

Chelsea

2014 Canadian National Top Ten AAOTR & AATR, 2014 Canadian National Top Ten SHIH ATH, 2013 Regional Champion PA Layla++

2013 Canadian National Top Ten AAOTR & AATR, 2012 Canadian National Top Ten AAOTR, 2010 US National Top Ten AAOTR WOA Matador+/

2013 Canadian National Champion, 2013 US National Top Ten, 2012 Canadian National Top Ten, 2011 Canadian National Champion in Halter, 2013 NSH Finals Champion Hunter Pl. Jr. Horse A Major Hottie AA+

#120 windridge

windridge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:35 AM

As disappointing as it is there are always other horses out there and there are other priorities in life so it is probably the smartest thing to sell her if you have a buyer. If it was a short term financial crunch I would probably look for other options but it sounds like it is not quite as simple as waiting a few weeks for pay checks to start rolling in.

Unfortunately, I hate having to decide bewteen what I want to do and what I should do.
WR MEGA ROCK++/ multiple Regional Champion and all around good guy. AWA GLORIOUS+/ multiple Regional Champion and mult. SHN Top 10
JUSTADANCE+ Regional Champion and Canadian National Top 10, CA LAILAH- SHN Top 10
WR SHADDO HAWK- Multi Regional Champion and SHN Top 10 (3rd) SHIH
MAGNIFICO ZF- Regional Champion halter and SHN Reserve Champion SHIH yearling