Photo

Mindy Peters stallion bolts into the Pacific Ocean during photo shoot

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
44 replies to this topic

#1 Zoomer

Zoomer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:29 PM

Just read a story on the internet about one of the stallions from El Capitian Ranch spooking during a photo shoot and bolting into the Pacific Ocean in the Santa Barbara area. They say he swam 3 miles out and they had a heart stopping time sending a boat out to catch him and drag him safely back to shore. Horse had never gone swimming before but I guess he really freaked out. Only in California! I guess I can say that since that is where I come from. So glad he is safe but I always wondered how the photos of horses playing in the surf could be done safely. I guess things can go very wrong. So happy for Mindy that she did not loose her boy.

#2 Slide

Slide

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:36 PM

According to April Visel on facebook, he was already in the surf when he spooked at the crashing waves. Here's the msnbc story... http://usnews.msnbc....-the-ocean?lite

(Edited because the horse is a gelding, LOL)

S

#3 Roze

Roze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:36 PM

That's scary, it's always very romantic to see horses on the beach, but I guess if they're not used to it they could panic.

Roze Arabians Ltd.
Straight Egyptians, Straight Performance

Amer Azhaar
(Laheeb Al Nasser x Dorian Binthadidi)
2011 Straight Egyptian Stallion

Nile Roze+
(Ansata Nile Bay x LM Bint Fakher)
2001 Straight Egyptian Mare

Aroze to Nobility
(Aspecial Ali x Noble Karama)
2005 Straight Egyptian Gelding

Escapade SHF
(Scapa x The Aurora)
2009 Straight Egyptian Gelding

Mehdi Amir RZ
(Masada Mazal x Nile Roze+)
2013 Straight Egyptian Colt

www.RozeArabians.com

#4 Slide

Slide

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:42 PM

#5 summerhunny11

summerhunny11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:04 PM

Glad William is ok!

My love: JAZZ SAMIR 1993 Grey PB Gelding
Gwalabu (Gwalior x Bint Kyrwa) X WN Baleza (GG Samir x GA Annie)

#6 BFF

BFF

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,786 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:43 PM

I am glad the horse is ok.
My horse was used for a music video shoot at that same beach 15 or so years ago.
Who is this gelding that he is worth 100,000 - 150,000?

Bonn-Fyre Farms/Training Center home to- Pure Polish- Elikzir (Ganges x Ularia) Three time U.S National Top Ten Stallion, 2014 Region II Champion Stallion SHIH, PACIFIC SLOPE TOP FIVE STALLION 2014, Region II Top Five Stallion 201,10 Time U.S. National Top Ten Stallion LA LegacyInBlack+++//,U;S. National Champion Stallion H/A SHIH- The Terminatorr+(Azh Naborr x L'argent- German Verband Hanoverian) <p>https://www.facebook...571022559602050

#7 Dreamcatcher

Dreamcatcher

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:48 PM

I am glad the horse is ok.
My horse was used for a music video shoot at that same beach 15 or so years ago.
Who is this gelding that he is worth 100,000 - 150,000?

Only in someone's dreams is he worth that much today.............

Pat Lowe

#8 Briska

Briska

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:20 PM

...only in a news story...
Be careful of the words you say, and keep them soft and sweet. For you never know, from time to time, which ones you'll have to eat.

Foals arriving in 2012 are also for sale
**Pentika V x Gotcha in April **RO Siena Sunshine x Gotcha in April **Falicity x Gotcha in May **RNT Pyrrunata x FSF Vintage Flyer in May

#9 Arlene Magid

Arlene Magid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:00 AM

What bothered me the most about the news story was the overvaluation of the horse. He's a regional winner in english pleasure. I have seen horses with similar show records selling for $5000 or less recently and of course many people picked up fully trained show horses in the Addis Sale this week for well under $5000.

By overvaluing the horse Mindy made Arabians look unaffordable...very bad PR for the breed, IMHO.

Here is a link to the more accurate Huffington Post story which says he swam a mile out, not three miles:

http://www.huffingto...html?1337203140

Posted Image

#10 arabsRgreat

arabsRgreat

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,604 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:17 AM

Oh my gosh!! What a horrible story! Glad it had a happy ending tho! It really is a wonder he didn't drown being out there that long and then having a saddle on to boot. Poor thing. Evidently the rider was OK unless they hadn't gotten on him yet.