1809 replies to this topic

#151 SportArab

SportArab

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:12 AM

I can honestly say I have no interest in the current Addis sale.

The last thing I need are big black carriage horses!!!!!

:D

Still eagerly awaiting my new mare to arrive, she is not due to be picked up until Monday and will have a layover on her way out to me...............

I dunno, I saw a couple of very pretty black Arab-Friesian crosses competing in dressage at a show last weekend. You might need one of those mares to cross on one of your boys. :-)

I, myself, am done shopping. Didn't buy anything in an auction, but will be taking delivery of two very nice mares at the end of the month to add to Pavvo's harem.

Co-author of Duel for the Crown: Affirmed, Alydar, and Racing's Greatest Rivalry

www.duelforthecrown.com

Owner: Fiery Run Farm, breeding beautiful athletes and standing Pavvo (*Erros x Khassiopeia)

www.fieryrunfarm.com

#152 JennyM

JennyM

Equine Concierge (and Mortgage Loan Officer!)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts
  • Interests:Grey geldings, yellow and red mares, Hockey,

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:18 AM

Last but not least- take a look at these boots- if thats not blingy enough for you nothing is!!

I'll see your boots and raise you a saddle:

Posted Image
  • Lmequine and mkp like this

Lady in Waiting to Vanna
Posted Image

Posted Image

#153 BFF

BFF

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,672 posts
  • Interests:Arabians/Half- Arabians
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bonn-Fyre-FarmsTraining-Center/571022559602050

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:30 AM

I too am maxed out on horses.

Now some have to go.

All the geldings but one will go (the one that stays is the one I had to hand raise, he and I are a couple)

The Fresian/Arab crosses have been hit and miss of what I have seen, the hits are hits the misses are really misses.

I watched the sale last night and not once was I tempted.

I am thinking I would really set Nampa on fire if I showed up with those silver boots and that saddle Jenny posted
on my black horse no less!!
  • Lmequine likes this

Bonn-Fyre Farms/Training Center home to- 2014 Region II Champion Stallion SHIH, PACIFIC SLOPE TOP FIVE  STALLION 2014, Region II Top Five Stallion 2014 Pure Polish- Elikzir (Ganges x Ularia),

7 Time U.S. National Top Ten Stallion LA LegacyInBlack+++//,

U;S. National Champion Stallion H/A SHIH- The Terminatorr+(Azh Naborr x L'argent- German Verband Hanoverian) 

https://www.facebook...571022559602050

#154 cockermom

cockermom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:44 AM

I'll see your boots and raise you a saddle:

Posted Image

I am like Pigpen - I could have that thing looking like it was in the dirt by just LOOKING at it. Just like I eat things to match my clothes so the dribbles don't show, I need forgiving tack! lol can you imagine this after the first ride?

(or is it just me?)

#155 BFF

BFF

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,672 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:02 PM

I am like Pigpen - I could have that thing looking like it was in the dirt by just LOOKING at it. Just like I eat things to match my clothes so the dribbles don't show, I need forgiving tack! lol can you imagine this after the first ride?

(or is it just me?)

I always shake my head in amazement at anyone who can wear anything light colored around a horse and stay clean for more then 47 seconds.
  • msjwebb likes this

Bonn-Fyre Farms/Training Center home to- 2014 Region II Champion Stallion SHIH, PACIFIC SLOPE TOP FIVE  STALLION 2014, Region II Top Five Stallion 2014 Pure Polish- Elikzir (Ganges x Ularia),

U;S. National Champion Stallion H/A SHIH- The Terminatorr+(Azh Naborr x L'argent- German Verband Hanoverian) 

#156 siiamese

siiamese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,834 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:35 PM

http://www.ferraraph.../12r12_6036.htm

there was a little girl at region 12 doing showmanship class.............wearing the utterly adorable WHITE cowgirl outfit. I would have surely tripped on the way into the arena and been wearing a white outfit with GA red dirt on it......but she was spotless from boots (yes, white) to hat (yes white)

as for the addis sale - this or the ones coming up................ can't wait to see what you all decide to bid on or buy. I am determined not to buy anything else until I find my three year old HA hunter a new owner at this point I keep hoping someone will decide they just MUST have this guy for the futurities this year (even if it means trading him for a big beautiful PB broodmare so I could use those breedings that I have and be in the region 12 spotlight futurity, eh?). It is amazing how much less my monthly bill is with half that dozen horses gone from the herd so I am not looking to increase the size of my group again. and you "enablers" need not tempt me by pointing out how fabulous some of the horses in the next sale are............

#157 BFF

BFF

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,672 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:37 PM

as for the addis sale - this or the ones coming up................ can't wait to see what you all decide to bid on or buy. I am determined not to buy anything else until I find my three year old HA hunter a new owner at this point I keep hoping someone will decide they just MUST have this guy for the futurities this year (even if it means trading him for a big beautiful PB broodmare so I could use those breedings that I have and be in the region 12 spotlight futurity, eh?). It is amazing how much less my monthly bill is with half that dozen horses gone from the herd so I am not looking to increase the size of my group again. and you "enablers" need not tempt me by pointing out how fabulous some of the horses in the next sale are............

I have looked at the upcoming sales and there is nothing for me, which is good because I have two Hanoverian/Arabian geldings(Ages 3 and 5) that need new homes, a big Half Arab/Saddlebred Gelding (Regional Champion) and one two year old Hanoverian Arabian Mare who needs a person before I even consider taking on another mouth to feed. Of course there are the two oldies who would sitll love to go live with someone! It would be awesome to have six or seven less horses!

NOTHING MORE THAT EATS OF NEEDS A VET!

#158 msjwebb

msjwebb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,758 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:44 PM

I have looked at the upcoming sales and there is nothing for me, which is good because I have two Hanoverian/Arabian geldings(Ages 3 and 5) that need new homes, a big Half Arab/Saddlebred Gelding (Regional Champion) and one two year old Hanoverian Arabian Mare who needs a person before I even consider taking on another mouth to feed. Of course there are the two oldies who would sitll love to go live with someone! It would be awesome to have six or seven less horses!

NOTHING MORE THAT EATS OF NEEDS A VET!

wow you have never said that before! Lol

#159 Mel Adjusted

Mel Adjusted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:03 PM

wow you have never said that before! Lol

At least not in ALL CAPS....
  • JennyM likes this

#160 Lmequine

Lmequine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Interests:Travel, photography, distance riding, working with young horses, reading, movies

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:01 PM

I am starting to become a bit tempted by the Crescent Creek June sale. :blink: Narrowed it down to 7 head that look interesting to me. I really adore Closure so much which makes the yearlings more tempting. Closure is such a well adjusted youngster, loves people, is eager to learn new things and is pretty. I know that a lot of it is breeding but a lot is also the handling he has received since he was born at Crescent Creek. Maybe I will forget to watch on sale night.... :rolleyes:
Leah Johnson
Quitman, TX