Photo

How tall are your yearlings?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 felina

felina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

Just curious how tall your yearlings are at this point?

My filly has suddenly decided in the past month to sprout up like a weed again! Just curious how everyone else's are doing too. I know we had the picture sharing thread but how about height?

Look back on our struggle for freedom,
Trace our present day's strength to its source;
And you'll find that man's pathway to glory
Is strewn with the bones of a horse.
Anonymous

#2 NIECE

NIECE

Golden Oak Arabians

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

My purebred colt was 12 months on April 2nd and is 13' 1.5" and butt high. He was 34" at birth. He grew like a weed those first 6 months.

Denise

Visit our website

Aurelius GOA (Magic Aulrab X Proberry Bey) 2011 sabino chestnut colt Sold

#3 Kailicia'sGirl

Kailicia'sGirl

PGN Kailicia( Kaiyoum x PGN Solataire)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,960 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:09 PM

I have a HUGE yearling, will measure him for specifics, but HUGE! Then I have my mini yearling too So i have both sides of the spectrum :P

Penny Lane Arabians https://www.facebook...152855434728757

Stallions At Stud: U.S & CDN Res. National Champion Futurity Colt, Sol Debut (x Solstice) and Fazio (Eden C x Swanah). 

The Mares: Lady Versace (Versace), PGN Kailicia (Kaiyoum++), Swanah (Versace), FS Betty Grable (Padrons Psyche), Flames Rhapsody (Bask Flame), PGN Show NTell+ (Showkayce+), Showanna (Showkayce+), Star Of The Sshow (Showkayce+), Ezalia (Eden C), Ellie Mae PF (Eden C), Sol Contessa (Sol Debut), and my Queen - National Champion, Baskskokhette+!

2015 Foals: Sol Debut x Baskskokhette+, Sol Debut x PGN Show NTell+, Eden C x Star Of The Sshow. Lady Versace is also in foal to DTD Jess Dancin for Leslie Dobson!

#4 siiamese

siiamese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,205 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:33 PM

mine is a giant tall thing - - as big as the two year old and many of the other grown horses in the barn. plus he has about three feet of neck to hold up there over me these days.......you can sort of see mu hand in the pic and I have it raised way up over my head
Posted Image

#5 spiritthyme

spiritthyme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,794 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:58 AM

mine is a giant tall thing - - as big as the two year old and many of the other grown horses in the barn. plus he has about three feet of neck to hold up there over me these days.......you can sort of see mu hand in the pic and I have it raised way up over my head
Posted Image

WOW ! Lookin' GOOD :D

Spirit Thyme ( Pryme Thyme X Kendrid Spirit YW ) 2003 Gelding

Topez ( *Pesniar X DW Baskala by *Bask ) 1983 Stallion

Jamaalah Spirit HT ( Spirit Thyme X Halima El Jamaal by *Dakar El Jamaal ) 2013 filly

#6 kcofholt

kcofholt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:00 AM

my 10 month old - I check his halter fit weekly (wears its during turnout- will until gelded....never trust a "boy")
in 1 week he went from fine (not even close to tight) to tight.... he grew over 1 hole size!!!!
I almost guessing the next halter size in a week or two.
BRANDY SIOUX
"Champion Equine Athletes"
since 1967

#7 spiritthyme

spiritthyme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,794 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:12 AM

Thie filly isn't mine, but she is sired by Spirit Thyme, as you can see by the photo, she's "leggy", I was told she was around 14.1 :) ( she's a PB )

Posted Image

Spirit Thyme ( Pryme Thyme X Kendrid Spirit YW ) 2003 Gelding

Topez ( *Pesniar X DW Baskala by *Bask ) 1983 Stallion

Jamaalah Spirit HT ( Spirit Thyme X Halima El Jamaal by *Dakar El Jamaal ) 2013 filly

#8 Mortazavi Farms

Mortazavi Farms

Advanced Member

• Platinum Hosting Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:41 AM

Haven't measured my big boy in a couple of months. His birthday is in another week or so. He was over 14 hands.

Stacy Mortazavi

Posted Image

Herd Dispersal Sale, offering several quality horses available for breeding, show and family/trail stock and prospects.

#9 Oak Lawn Arabians

Oak Lawn Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:09 AM

Mine aren't very tall yet. :) They are slow growers and don't hit their full height until 5 or 6 years or so. My August filly was almost as tall as my May filly until this month when the May filly shot up a couple of inches.

I would guess my May filly will be 14.2-14.3HH and the August filly should be 14.3-15HH when it is all said and done.

Carrie S.

Oak Lawn Arabians
Carrie and Alex Stewart
Home of CT Saint Patrick, Dancin InThe Sand AND Beaudacious Boogie OLA, 2009 Region 15 Top 5 SHIH Mares ATH Open
"Using Bloodlines of the Past, To Create Beautiful Athletes of the Future!"

#10 cecelia

cecelia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,092 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:23 AM

My purebred colt was 12 months on April 2nd and is 13' 1.5" and butt high. He was 34" at birth. He grew like a weed those first 6 months.

Denise

Is this your TC Miyake colt? My TC Miyake filly was also born April 2 and sticks at 13.3 hands. She lives butt-high...I can remember Kim telling me my foal would be big as Miyake puts on height. The dam is 14.2 hands.
I have never had a foal this large or this growthy. No special feed, just good orchard grass hay with a cup of alfalfa pellets to mix with her vitamins. She is out with my gelding and disses him so badly...just ignores his (now) meager attempts to boss her around. She thinks she is the queen of the world. :-)
Keep on the sunny side, always on the sunny side, keep on the sunny side of life...