Photo

Anyone bidding on the Tri Color Farm sale horses?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
98 replies to this topic

#71 faerie

faerie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:46 AM

That first mare looks nice but I have learned that videos disguise many problems. Her cannons are a bit too long for my taste but if I were close I'd have some interest.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

#72 SportArab

SportArab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:00 AM

I do not know why I had not noticed your avatar horse until today,I had to find out who he was.
No wonder I like him.
His sire was one of my favorites. Kit Hall used an advertising photo of *Erros trotting where the
his hocks were hitting his butt. I loved *Erros and of course there is that*Naborr cross in his line Which
of course I love.

Use a credit card, Femme would be amazing crossed to that stallion.
I bought the *Piaff daughter out of her for my sport horse program-specifically to breed to my Azh Naborr(by *Naborr) son....
I am just saying.

Sigh..... I would be in SO much trouble if I used the credit card for this..... Especially since I just committed to a horse in Colorado that is going to cost a pretty penny to ship.

Just wish it was one measly month later. And you're right, I think she'd be perfect for my boy - who does, in person, look like the spittin' image of *Erros, but in grey.

And yes, I know that trot photo well. It's one of the reaons I jumped at the opportunity to breed to *Erros when it arose.

Of course, then I got a colt who was related to everything else in my barn and all I did for years was ride him in dressage clinics and on the trails - so now that he's 18, I've realized it's now or never if he's going to make his contribution to the breed.

I also LOVED Naborr. You got pics of your boy?

Co-author of Duel for the Crown: Affirmed, Alydar, and Racing's Greatest Rivalry

Owner: Fiery Run Farm, breeding beautiful athletes and standing Pavvo (*Erros x Khassiopeia)

www.fieryrunfarm.com

#73 Arlene Magid

Arlene Magid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:33 AM

Just wanted to say I am pretty angry to see a quote from my Facebook page about Femme Finale used without my permission or knowledge. Definitely not a classy way to behave (though it is a backhanded compliment I guess).

I think an ABN member bought her.

Posted Image

#74 BFF

BFF

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,344 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:55 AM

Arlene I do not doubt they used it as a compliment to you.

I told you before, I think you are a rock star!!!

$800 is all she brought, boy a lot of talk and not a lot of action. <sigh> Glad to hear
she might be going to someone on ABN, whoever you are CONGRATULATIONS!!! You and I are now related.

Sport Arab, I am glad you know the photo I am talking about regarding *Erros, it was such a great picture.

I have a 28 year old that I am feeling the same about, hes by *Procent and out of my *Cedr daughter. One of the mares
I was looking at in the recent Addis sale would have been for him, but I was informed that they put her in foal for the sale, not
counting on a next year for him I am going to be breeding him to my *Piaff daughter that is out of Femme Finale and am looking for another mare for him as well. (I had to apologize to my Azh son and told him he has to wait until next year)

I have no photos of my Azh Naborr son, he is out of one of my Hanoverian mares, and definitely has the best of both as far as I am concerned.

Bonn-Fyre Farms/Training Center home to- 2014 Region II Champion Stallion,Pure Polish- Elikzir (Ganges x Ularia),

7 Time U.S. National Top Ten Stallion LA LegacyInBlack+++//,

U;S. National Champion Stallion H/A SHIH- The Terminatorr+(Azh Naborr x L'argent- German Verband Hanoverian) 

https://www.facebook...571022559602050

#75 Arlene Magid

Arlene Magid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:24 AM

BFF-I consider it a backhanded compliment to use someone's words without permission or payment. Rock star or not, it's amazing how many people say I am the bee's knees but don't respect me enough to pay for my time or ask permission to use what I say. The lack of common courtesy and common sense these days astonishes me sometimes.

Yes, I am sorry she did not bring more. I certainly thought she would. But so many people don't put enough into auction commentary that would entice buyers-in this case they quoted me, but so much could be said about her pedigree that was not said.

There is a mare in the May Addis sale who is a many times halter champion, has produced 50% champions and one of her sons is a multi-National winner in halter and hunt pleasure. But she is listed only with a fluffy writeup talking about how pretty she is and how much she'd benefit a stallion...crazy. And then people say they can't get decent prices for horses??

Posted Image

#76 siiamese

siiamese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,378 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:28 AM

there is yet another sale from Addis in just a few weeks - - maybe a better time for the ole credit card eh?
I think it is May 15 & 16

#77 Arlene Magid

Arlene Magid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:56 AM

there is yet another sale from Addis in just a few weeks - - maybe a better time for the ole credit card eh?

That's the sale with the mare I referred to in my post above.

Posted Image

#78 BFF

BFF

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,344 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:03 PM

That's the sale with the mare I referred to in my post above.

I am ahead of both of you I already have my bidder status approved.

However I am saying I do not need anything that eats or needs a vet.............

Bonn-Fyre Farms/Training Center home to- 2014 Region II Champion Stallion,Pure Polish- Elikzir (Ganges x Ularia),

7 Time U.S. National Top Ten Stallion LA LegacyInBlack+++//,

U;S. National Champion Stallion H/A SHIH- The Terminatorr+(Azh Naborr x L'argent- German Verband Hanoverian) 

https://www.facebook...571022559602050

#79 arabsRgreat

arabsRgreat

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,200 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:41 PM

I am ahead of both of you I already have my bidder status approved.

However I am saying I do not need anything that eats or needs a vet.............

Hmmm, well what are we going to do about this?
KLphoenix, where ARE you??????

#80 SportArab

SportArab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:43 PM

Oh, stop that.....

There is a mare in that sale that I would also be VERY happy with. But finances won't allow by then. Oh well.

Co-author of Duel for the Crown: Affirmed, Alydar, and Racing's Greatest Rivalry

Owner: Fiery Run Farm, breeding beautiful athletes and standing Pavvo (*Erros x Khassiopeia)

www.fieryrunfarm.com