Photo

Wanted: Dressage Saddle

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 elisethechemist

elisethechemist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:00 PM

Hello friends,

I have recently turned my costume/english pleasure gelding into a dressage horse, but the dressage saddle I use on my half-arabian/warmblood cross is way too wide and climbs up his back. So, I have been riding in a very nice, old all purpose saddle, but I think it is time for a saddle to show in.

Information about my horse:
14.3hh
Narrow in the back
high, distinct withers
large shoulders

The saddles that I found fit him the best are Medium tree Passier's, but the one I found was brown and I have to admit that I am a stickler for black. I live in South Texas, and I would love to try out the saddle first before purchasing (I would pay for shipping if it comes to that) since he is such a difficult fit.

Thank you for reading!

#2 elitearab

elitearab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:25 PM

What seat size are you looking for? I have a Black Crosby with a medium tree for sale. Saddle is currently in Michigan but will be in NM this summer.

Elisethephotographer
www.elitearabians.com

Come visit us to see the farm and horses for sale. We are selling the farm and disbursing all but a few of our horses. Prices are super low and all offers will be considered. A good home more important than price!

#3 elisethechemist

elisethechemist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:44 PM

I am looking for a seat around a 17" to an 18". Though, 17.5" is preferred. Will the saddle be at youth? I think I will be grooming for some friends there this summer. Do you have pictures or a price?

#4 elitearab

elitearab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:00 PM

It is a 17" seat. There is a good chance we might be out in NM before youth nationals. I have pics, it is not allowing me to upload them for some reason.

email me at epillote@yahoo.com and I'll send them to you if you are interested.
www.elitearabians.com

Come visit us to see the farm and horses for sale. We are selling the farm and disbursing all but a few of our horses. Prices are super low and all offers will be considered. A good home more important than price!

#5 windridge

windridge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,014 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:28 PM

I have a Bates innova with the extended blocks. It is a couple years old but has seen very little use and has spent most of its pampered life in my tack room with a heater in the winter and dehumidifier in the summer. When I first bought it, it was very comfortable however I fractured my tib/fib a year and a half ago and due to the muscle/nerve damage I can no longer get my leg in the correct position. So atleast for now I need a saddle without the thigh blocks. It is either a 17 or a 17 1/2, smooth black leather, and it has the changable gullets. If you are interested I can send you photos.
WR MEGA ROCK++/ multiple Regional Champion and all around good guy. AWA GLORIOUS+/ multiple Regional Champion and mult. SHN Top 10
JUSTADANCE+ Regional Champion and Canadian National Top 10, CA LAILAH- SHN Top 10
WR SHADDO HAWK- Multi Regional Champion and SHN Top 10 (3rd) SHIH
MAGNIFICO ZF- Regional Champion halter and SHN Reserve Champion SHIH yearling

#6 BFF

BFF

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:33 PM

The ONLY Saddle I will use now on my horses are those made by Custom Saddlery.

Sometimes the fitter will have used ones in their inventory.

I CAN NOT STRESS ENOUGH about having a saddle that really fits to help your horse develop his back AND a saddle that can be adjusted after his shape changes!!!!!!

There is nothing that will slow your training down more then an improperly fitting saddle as it will actually prevent his muscles from devolping correctly.

The saddle fitters come to you and you can try all the different models that they have.

We have the most amazing saddle fitter from them that covers Southern and Central California and points beyond (Sarah Boothe)!
No doubt the person in your area will be almost as good :D http://www.mysaddle....olobuffalo.html

Bonn-Fyre Farms/Training Center home to- 2014 Region II Champion Stallion,Pure Polish- Elikzir (Ganges x Ularia),

7 Time U.S. National Top Ten Stallion LA LegacyInBlack+++//,

U;S. National Champion Stallion H/A SHIH- The Terminatorr+(Azh Naborr x L'argent- German Verband Hanoverian) 

https://www.facebook...571022559602050

#7 Bearcreek

Bearcreek

Advanced Member

• Silver Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:17 PM

I have a black dressage saddle - new - worn once or twice. Let me know if you still need one.