Photo

Bittersweet Announcement - Movin right along!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
83 replies to this topic

#41 lunalisa

lunalisa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:12 PM

OOOOHHHH, MEXICO, sounds so good and the weather and men are hot. Sorry, couldn't help myself. That JT song is running throught my head.
Namaste, LunaLisa

#42 Hoofhaven

Hoofhaven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,719 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:55 AM

LOL ... Im tempted, truuust me... just go squat on some empty land hahahaha

On the plus side, this new arrangement will allow me vaccation time ;) So I can visit.

Hoof-Haven Equestrian Ltd.

www.hoof-haven.com

Posted Image

#43 Hoofhaven

Hoofhaven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,719 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:24 PM

CHANGE OF PLANS!!! :) LOL

I got a job today!! I have secured employment with Northeast Veterinary Services, our local vet clinic, starting the end of August after show season is over! I am very excited about it, its the perfect off the farm job for me :)

I will be doing a mixed bag of tricks there, from reception to helping take care of animals, assisting with billing and doing marketing for them designing a website and maintaining a facebook page and helping with promotion and educational materials! I know all the staff and the vets well, and its a great group of people. They never advertise positions and always have stacks of resumes, but approached me about the possibility of employment. I am quite flattered actually and very excited.

So since I will be staying here, I will be keeping the home section of land (160 acres) with the house/arena ect on it. I will run it as a boarding facility since I am well set up for that with lots of pens and auto-waterers, shelters ect. Even boarding on a small scale will offset costs of the arena. I still need to get my personal horse numbers down to the minimum, which I have been having good success in doing.

I think this will solve the majority of the big problems I am having, without having to leave my farm. I do love it here, and have grown attached to the people and the community. There was quite an objection when I told people I was leaving. I didn't realize that I would be missed that much!! Its easy enough to look after boarding horses in the mornings before work and after work. I'll have weekends off (OMG WHAT A CONCEPT!!!!) and holidays off (HOLY CRAP!) to be able to enjoy my horses and days off for shows are not a problem. I do intend to quite training, but I will keep teaching lessons :) Perhaps if I find Im bored, maybe I'll take a horse here and there for special clients :) But only if I WANT to and not because I HAVE to!!!

I am excited! (did I say that already??) ... veterinary medicine and animal health care has always been a very big interest of mine.

:) :) :)

www.hoof-haven.com

Posted Image

#44 Macimage

Macimage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:37 PM

Congratulations, that is fantastic news! I am so happy that you are staying on your farm.

Happy Trails~
Joyce
PB Arab 1984 Gelding "Mac" My First Foal (Pictured in my Avatar)
PB Arab 2008 Colt MD Jakk Jamaal
QH/Arab? Rescue 1983 Skip (Pictured in my Avatar w Mac)
APHA 2003 Huck

#45 ironpaw

ironpaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:39 PM

Great news! Congratulations!

#46 KnA

KnA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:40 PM

That's so wonderful and exciting!!! I'm so happy for you!!!

I just got a job today too at our local equine hospital... If you weren't so far away I'd say we need to go out and celebrate! Haha!
+Sometimes you've got to take a chance, You've got to risk losing it all, You've got to close your eyes and leap because it might be worth the fall.+

#47 Hoofhaven

Hoofhaven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,719 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:45 PM

LOL awesome!! This clinic does everything...large and small animal.

E- Drink!

Posted Image

www.hoof-haven.com

Posted Image

#48 ladycascabel

ladycascabel

Advanced Member

• Silver Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,719 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:49 PM

Congrats, Renee and KnA!!!

Mary Logan

www.cascabelranch.com

Proud of our family of working western athletes: Arabians, Half-arabs, National Foundation Quarter Horses.
Producers of all-natural grass-fed beef.

The Arabian and Half-arab Fam:

TS Paarden Mia chestnut purebred mare
HAA Marco Rojo chestnut Classical Spanish gelding
SA Firefoxx chestnut purebred gelding
OFW Carnation bay purebred mare
Baileys Khaffe Latte buckskin HA gelding
Skyy RPA amber champagne HA mare
Goldenseal MSL palomino HA gelding
Tenebria MSL black HA filly SOLD

#49 lunalisa

lunalisa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:10 PM

Sounds like you found your perfect flow/wave, ride it Hoofy. I love it when things fall into place so perfectly. Still Mexico is tempting, but you got that vacation thing lined up. You deserve this, Congrats!
Namaste, LunaLisa

#50 karens

karens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:29 PM

Yeah! I'm so glad a good option presented itself. Congratulations!