Photo

Bittersweet Announcement - Movin right along!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
83 replies to this topic

#31 ladycascabel

ladycascabel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,739 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:59 AM

I am sorry to hear you are leaving the training world; as has been mentioned previously, we need more people like you instead of less! But I do understand how stressful it is and why you would choose to at least take a break from it.
When you do decide to return to training, perhaps you would consider moving to NEW Mexico where it is warmer and Puerto Vallarta is not so far away? :)
I'd put a horse in your barn in a heartbeat.
Hugs for your new decision and best wishes to you!!

Mary Logan

www.cascabelranch.com

Proud of our family of working western athletes: Arabians, Half-arabs, National Foundation Quarter Horses.
Producers of all-natural grass-fed beef.

The Arabian and Half-arab Fam:

TS Paarden Mia chestnut purebred mare
HAA Marco Rojo chestnut Classical Spanish gelding
SA Firefoxx chestnut purebred gelding
OFW Carnation bay purebred mare
Baileys Khaffe Latte buckskin HA gelding
Skyy RPA amber champagne HA mare
Goldenseal MSL palomino HA gelding
Tenebria MSL black HA filly SOLD

#32 Hoofhaven

Hoofhaven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,719 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:23 PM

LOL Chances are good I will increase my involvement again in the future... There are a few things I wish I wouldn't have done differently that I plan to do once I am a little more free... I'd like to first of course just make some mad money. Jump on the oil train and take the opportunity to bank some cash.

I'd like to attend more clinics for sure and ride under some people with good experience. I have gained a ton of knowledge, but I want more. I want to have time to study more..take more courses...breeding and genetics stuff as well as in depth physiology and anatomy and form to function and conformation. I want to learn more about biomechanics as it pertains to the horse and rider... and I want to take more lessons and work on MY riding as well. Then if I do get back in, I'll be even better set up to do so :)

Hoof-Haven Equestrian Ltd.

www.hoof-haven.com

Posted Image

#33 zeplinsmom

zeplinsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:37 AM

Good luck!! It sounds like you are making this choice for all the right reasons. It is definitely important to put your health and your happiness first B-)
NUHA ARABIAN ATHLETES (nuhaarabianathletes.webs.com) home of:

OSIRION - 2011 grey Arabian stallion *prospect*

Jaws (NUHA STAR BENNU) - 2013 grey ES colt 

Beau (NUHA DREAM BEAU) - 2014 grey CMK colt

#34 starling

starling

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:13 AM

I am sorry to hear you are leaving the training world; as has been mentioned previously, we need more people like you instead of less! But I do understand how stressful it is and why you would choose to at least take a break from it.
When you do decide to return to training, perhaps you would consider moving to NEW Mexico where it is warmer and Puerto Vallarta is not so far away? :)
I'd put a horse in your barn in a heartbeat.
Hugs for your new decision and best wishes to you!!

NOOOOOOOOO.....she is coming to WV!!!!!!!!!
If you have to write your ethics rules down, you've already lost

STARLING "STAR" DEVERICKS

CORDEACE (Sir Fames HBV x OFW Shah Amber) AHA 2007 Chestnut Filly

SKIPPA SPORTIN ASHA (Skippa Gold Policy x Sportin The Moves) AQHA 2007 Sooty Buckskin Filly

MORGAN (rescue QH) Bay Mare Babysitter to the Brats and hater of fly masks!

#35 WSArabians

WSArabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,195 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:54 PM

I bet this was a hard decision, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. I hope you find everything that you set out to look for!

I love your mare, Belle. What a grand old lady. :)

Whispering Secret Arabians
www.wsarabians.wix.com/home
Registered Solid and Sabino Arabians!

#36 Hoofhaven

Hoofhaven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,719 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:35 PM

LOL Im staying in Saskatchewan guys... for now anywas ;) lol

I love Bellaboo too, she is SO sweet. :) I have a lady coming to see her soon that would like to retire her as a companion horse, has kids that love to pet and groom, so hopefully it works out :)

www.hoof-haven.com

Posted Image

#37 Hoofhaven

Hoofhaven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,719 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:45 AM

Well I have a realtor coming out on Wednesday next week. Kinda scary lol... she figures we need to have it listed by June 1st...which is what I had thought also. Will give me an idea of that things are worth, land has gone way up in the last few years which is good, and I have done PILES of improvements to the farm and lots to the house as well, so HOPEFULLY its worth more than when I bought it and I can get back some of what I have put in. *SOME* being the key word there.

I have thought and thought and thought and weighed my options to make sure this is the right decision...and I just don't see any way to keep the farm I love and solve the problems I want to. There isn't any real good work here that I can get that will pay to keep the farm. I don't need 200 acres and 15 pens for 5 horses... thought I do love my arena (but not the expense of running it) .If I kept it, I'd have to board to offset costs which means I am still tied down, and still need STAFF if I am goint to go anywhere. So just can't make it work.

I want 20 acres, a nice little house, a small barn and 3 nice paddocks. That would be perfect for me. Of course a small plain riding arena would also be nice lol...but you know, can't have everythign haha.

www.hoof-haven.com

Posted Image

#38 Mortazavi Farms

Mortazavi Farms

Advanced Member

• Platinum Hosting Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:58 PM

Hope it goes well. Hopefully by June the weather up there will be nice, mud will be gone and grass growing? It'll help.

Stacy Mortazavi

Posted Image

Herd Dispersal Sale, offering several quality horses available for breeding, show and family/trail stock and prospects.

#39 IDL Arabians

IDL Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:35 PM

Just a suggestion, you could sell part of the acreage. Have people self board, that way you aren't tied down. You could also try renting the arena to groups for clinics, etc. Not sure if there is a 4H group in your area, but that might be something to look into.
Home of:
Zenzational V (Desperado V x Zahr Ann)
SW Khameo (SW Khlint+ x WCA Satinee)
Cimarron Rose (Desperado V x Kalyca (by Kaiyoum ++)
WWA Ceara Gazal (Gazal al Shaqab x Ceara PJ)

.IDL Arabians

#40 Hoofhaven

Hoofhaven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,719 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:44 PM

There is, but there really isn't much proffit in "renting" the arena, I do offer that and there is not much demand for it. And I couldn't handle "self" board... I don't think enforcing my standards of care would be much fun, and people don't respect what they don't own.

www.hoof-haven.com

Posted Image