Photo

Bittersweet Announcement - Movin right along!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
83 replies to this topic

#21 Mortazavi Farms

Mortazavi Farms

Advanced Member

• Platinum Hosting Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:16 AM

I completely understand. I've done it on a smaller scale with our own horses. I'm tired and burned out. I too just want to enjoy life, be able to go on vacation and not worry about 20+ horses on the property at home. And, maybe just go on a trail ride. That is part of the reason for the dispersal. I too will be sorry to see you not training any more as you are wonderful at what you do, but I understand. I do hope that you'll still be around making your opinions known!

Stacy Mortazavi

Posted Image

Herd Dispersal Sale, offering several quality horses available for breeding, show and family/trail stock and prospects.

#22 Hoofhaven

Hoofhaven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,719 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:21 AM

I can't wait to trail ride again! My parents farm borders a provincial park and there are MILES and MILES of trails back there!!

Hoof-Haven Equestrian Ltd.

www.hoof-haven.com

Posted Image

#23 lunalisa

lunalisa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:00 PM

I think it's great that you back off while you still love the horses. You can do more for both yourself and them, if not burned out. Honestly don't know how you've done those winters, with so much on your plate, and basically by yourself. You've done one heck of a good job. Now go have fun ;)
Namaste, LunaLisa

#24 S&D Sport Horse

S&D Sport Horse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:12 PM

Sounds like u r seeking some balance in ur life; good for u it is very neccesary!! Having been out of balance before in my life ... too much work and not enough horses, then too much horse and not enough other stuff!! It is a tough balancing act indeed. Good Luck and remember; that which does not kill us only makes us stronger!!
Home of:
Bandos Las Ladd (*Bandos PASB x B Lovely ~ *Aladddinn) 1988 Grey Stallion
Alken (Ganges x Alkina) 2005 Black Bay Colt
Aabsolutely Five Star (Aabsolut x FS Evita ~ RD Five Star) 2007 Chestnut Colt

and their women (to name a few):
Willatra MSC (Traditio x Willa)
CR Milliegramm+ (Monogramm x CR Wind Moriah ~ Muslin & Sotep)
Wojllatra (Wojslaw x Willatra MSC)
FS Evita (RD Five Star x Patraska)
Wronica Lech (Lech PASB x *Wrona ~ Namiet)
Naproshka (*Procent x Nikiska ~ Nasmeshnik)
Miss Independence SF (RD Five Star x Carillon CC ~ Moment & Muscat)

www.sdsporthorse.com

#25 stace

stace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:12 PM

Avoiding burnout is such a big thing and finding that balance is so important. My brief foray into training while working a full-time night shift resulted in a lot of pain and stress, and ultimately some serious medical problems that put the every plan on halt and I'm still recovering in some ways. I'd not wish that on anyone and it is a healthy sign that you realize that something has to change so it can be the best for you and for your life :).
~~Stace~~
~~Skye Angel (LMA Prospector x GA Scarlet Angel) '97 Bay Purebred, 2006 Region 18 Champ Native Costume ATR, AHAEC Hi-Point Native Costume. In foal to FSF Jesse James for a 2013 Baby!
~~Nikita Angel RLSA (SFA Magnus x Skye Angel) '05 Grey Purebred, shown Native Costume & Sporthorse~

#26 Hoofhaven

Hoofhaven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,719 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:26 PM

I am feeling better already... the next 5 months are gonna be crazy crazy crazy with show horses, selling the herd off and preparing the farm and house for sale while attending shows and foaling out mares and fullfilling breeding obligations as well as getting ready to move... I will have to do some work at my parents farm to get the accomodations up to my standards for the horses and build a paddock for Dan... BUT I have a plan and am working towards it :) And I because I know there will be relief...it makes a big difference. I was up a 7 today, working online, out by 9:30, got four worked, had an apt in town for me, then one for a horse at the vet clinic for a repro exam for a client, then home, quick snack and back out in the arena...its 9:30PM , got in 15 min ago and am just making my supper. And I wonder why I'm burnt out?? LOL Every day is the same... NOT a healthy balance at all. lol

www.hoof-haven.com

Posted Image

#27 saarabs

saarabs

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:09 PM

I'll bet if we all listed the multiple injuries we've sustained over the years, it would sound like that of those NFL players who hobble around in their retirement. (Not making fun, just relating my own experience!)

You got that right! We need to tell those guys to Walk it Off! But they are guys, and well., women are tougher, or maybe just hard headed! :D

Halim Bahim Star SE, Blue black Rabicano Gelding
Psyches Psyche SPA chestnut sabino gelding
Javalls Miracle- Pintabian Chestnut tobiano gelding

Serenity Acres Arabians

#28 Hoofhaven

Hoofhaven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,719 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:50 PM

LOL I had a skin tag removed yesterday with liquid nitrogen.. and the doctor was all worried about it hurting.. I was like seriously??? lol I think I'll be okay hahaha

www.hoof-haven.com

Posted Image

#29 TripleHFarm

TripleHFarm

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:25 AM

I hear ya, no days off ever. My knees hurt so bad some days I can barely walk. I keep thinking board a few and a condo.
BINT SAFIERA 2000 Bay mare, SHAMS EL BINA 2002 Bay mare, NAKHDA AL SHAIB 2004 Grey Gelding<---- AL, SIHR JAWHER 2006 Bay Stallion, NADEERAH ALIAH 2006 Bay mare, ZAHRAN HAMRAH 2006 Grey mare, SHAMS FIDAT 2012 grey filly, SKYLER the 1/2 Arabian pinto wonder horse

#30 Hoofhaven

Hoofhaven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,719 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:41 AM

I don't think I could go back to boarding... that would drive me crazy... but going from 40 to manage to 5 would be a real break LOL I gues I'll be kinda boarding since the horses will be at my parents, but I do what I want with them and do all the work, so its like having them on my own farm really. And they have lots of hay land and the eqiupment to cut it :)

www.hoof-haven.com

Posted Image