Photo

Which SE has the park trot?

SE High Steppers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

#1 backyardbred

backyardbred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:48 PM

I was looking at the elegant Park horses this morning whose breeding services are being auctioned off...
I got to thinking who is the go to stud in SE lines for a Park horse trot?

I was looking at a 2 year old line bred Sakr last filly fall that had it naturally. Excellent flexion in the
rear hocks ...she really bent them like she meant it. This sweet filly also had good ground clearance
on the front end... good over all balance as she flew across the pasture at a trot. When she is finished growing she is going to be a tall and stretchy chestnut beauty! ( The owner changed their minds...not for sale) Horses that can move... are a joy to watch as they strut their stuff!

What bloodlines lines besides Sakr trots today....In SE breeding only if you please!

Val

#2 TripleHFarm

TripleHFarm

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,932 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:18 PM

My senior stallion can TROT!
BINT SAFIERA 2000 Bay mare, SHAMS EL BINA 2002 Bay mare, NAKHDA AL SHAIB 2004 Grey Gelding<---- AL, SIHR JAWHER 2006 Bay Stallion, NADEERAH ALIAH 2006 Bay mare, ZAHRAN HAMRAH 2006 Grey mare, SHAMS FIDAT 2012 grey filly, SKYLER the 1/2 Arabian pinto wonder horse

#3 backyardbred

backyardbred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:28 PM

What is your stallion's name and his breeding?
You do know that Sakr had the park trot as a natural feature of his gait...Only one horse
(that I witnessed) could bring the judges to a draw and that was Zodiac Matador's dam
the CMK mare Ro FanciRay that mare was an itty bitty trotting machine ...sweet looking
beautiful mare! Poetry in motion...Sakr won the class but it was a draw!.
Val

#4 TripleHFarm

TripleHFarm

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,932 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:15 PM

http://www.allbreedp...com/sihr jawher
BINT SAFIERA 2000 Bay mare, SHAMS EL BINA 2002 Bay mare, NAKHDA AL SHAIB 2004 Grey Gelding<---- AL, SIHR JAWHER 2006 Bay Stallion, NADEERAH ALIAH 2006 Bay mare, ZAHRAN HAMRAH 2006 Grey mare, SHAMS FIDAT 2012 grey filly, SKYLER the 1/2 Arabian pinto wonder horse

#5 Peter Mileo

Peter Mileo

City Slicker Ranch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,956 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:28 PM

http://www.allbreedp...com/sihr+jawher

That shouldn't be a big surprise with that blend of bloodlines. He has the same sire line as Aequus and his dam is the same sire line as Aequus's dam.
Regards,
Peter

City Slicker Ranch, Home of Magic Aulrab, 1993 Chestnut Stallion SCID and CA Clear and Constantene, 2006 Pure Polish Grey Arabian Stallion SCID Clear, CA Carrier, LFS Clear and Homozygous for Grey

#6 Brookhill

Brookhill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:33 PM

I was looking at the elegant Park horses this morning whose breeding services are being auctioned off...
I got to thinking who is the go to stud in SE lines for a Park horse trot?

I was looking at a 2 year old line bred Sakr last filly fall that had it naturally. Excellent flexion in the
rear hocks ...she really bent them like she meant it. This sweet filly also had good ground clearance
on the front end... good over all balance as she flew across the pasture at a trot. When she is finished growing she is going to be a tall and stretchy chestnut beauty! ( The owner changed their minds...not for sale) Horses that can move... are a joy to watch as they strut their stuff!

What bloodlines lines besides Sakr trots today....In SE breeding only if you please!

Val

As breeders have specialized over the last few decades that trot is certainly not something that has been a goal of most SE breeders, so it is going to be hard to find a true SE park trot today. MB Mistaz never got the chance to be put undersaddle, but you will find he has extreme action as well as the neck set and poll to bridle up like an English horse. His canter is magnificent too. His sire was an English Pleasure and Pleasure Driving winner and grandsire Seef was known as "the father of action." His babies have flexibility and movement like no other. We are hoping to produce an English horse with him!
Ibn_Safinaz6.jpg
Ibn Safinaz

mistaz ee 2010 lo res.jpg
MB Mistaz

Babsons also have a great deal of natural action...Masada Mazal US National Top Ten SH Show Hack
Masada Mazal 2011 SHN Trot lo res.jpg mm_trot_lores.jpg
Jeanne @ Brookhill
www.brookhillfarm.com

#7 maryjo

maryjo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:36 PM

That shouldn't be a big surprise with that blend of bloodlines. He has the same sire line as Aequus and his dam is the same sire line as Aequus's dam.
Regards,
Peter

Well, of COURSE.

Rashad Ibn Nazeer and Babson.

I never did see a Babson that was not athletic.
MaryJo

#8 backyardbred

backyardbred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:13 PM

MB Miztaz....Hmmm! He is definitely on my list. OH YEAH!
You used to have a video of him in a round pen filled with deep sand I do not know how
many times I have watched it!.

The flexion Miztaz shows. The snap and the length of stride in the rear end...no toe
dragger here. I swear he was folding his hocks into halves.
He flicks his fetlocks and shows the soles of his hooves to the sun...astounding.
In my opinion....a horse does not park trot unless he is fully engaging the rear end,

I do not like...flyswatters who wave the front feet in the air while they drag the rear
end around. The Park trot is present at birth...I have seen it...

Don't understand why...the SE have stepped away from this particular area where
they might excel?
True, the SE I have seen who could park trot were excitable, but no more that the
other bloodlines are.
There is this too SE calm down to be sweet darlings...just like the other bloodlines.
Go figure...
Val

#9 Brookhill

Brookhill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:08 AM

Here is a close-up of a Mistaz daughter that was sold overseas - muddy but you can see he passes on the rear end you are describing.
Sheenah - cropped.jpg

The front end is great too - here is a weanling with her dam. You can see the difference in the way they would bridle.
mona and princess.jpg

Plus, he is beautiful. :)
mistaz event 2010.jpg
Jeanne @ Brookhill
www.brookhillfarm.com

#10 backyardbred

backyardbred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:55 AM

I see the foal has a wonderful presence...look at that neck? This was one of the things that pointed Miztaz
out to me I like the length and clean throatlatch he has and produces!
I said that a park trot is born into the foals and this foal aptly demostrates that!
Drat my memory...when the Bentwood Farm was in the middle of its dispersal...nearby was of course
Rock Creek and David Gardener's. But in the general area was a mom and pop place selling out.
They used to have Morshidd...there is another Morafic son who disaappeared. I saw him and he looked amazingly just
like Morafic! Well to make along story short...the lady had a mare and foal for sale...I have never seen
horses trot like that... they flew! The grey mare was on the small size but not her trot. I swear they trotted faster than
many bigger horses could gallop...My friend and I just stood there staring with dropped jaws!
Beyond impressive... this pair of mother and foal was magnificent! Stupid me did not get the bloodlines!
I still think wistfully of that mare and her foal...that alone was worth the 3 hour drive to see.
Does any one know of the farm and the mare mentioned ...the horses were gray.
Val