Photo

Tornadoes in central US

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#11 nashfad

nashfad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:56 AM

Here it is------off of Judy Love's Facebook

Attached Thumbnails

• storm.jpg

#12 Fereyna1982

Fereyna1982

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:51 AM

Very, very scary and so tragic for those who have lost so much. Some of them went through this LAST year too!

#13 Romar Arabians

Romar Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:12 AM

We got lucky. The weather station showed two rotations (probable tornadoes) pass about a mile or two south of us. A co-worker drove through that area on his way home Friday and said he had to try 4 or 5 different ways before he finally found a road that was not blocked by fallen trees. We had heavy rains and hail but no real damage.
RB Anera Ali (Ruminaja Ali x Rosali CAHR) The last born SE Ruminaja Ali daughter
RB Kenzanne (Kenz Noor x RB Anera Ali) 2007 black-bay SE filly
RB Baaraz (Imperial Baarez x Rosali CAHR) 2004 bay SE stallion
RB Marwans Fanci (Marwan Al Shaqab x RB Mi Fanci) 2006 bay filly

www.romararabians.com

#14 Sunrise Ridge

Sunrise Ridge

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:39 PM

I haven't been on here much lately but I wanted to post my personal loss. I was wiped out by two tornados that went through my place Friday afternoon. I won't go into detail but I just wanted to say that my life has taken a very dramatic turn. I had six horses and lost six horses--4 Arabian mares, an Arabian colt and a Half-Arabian gelding. I was at work when it struck and when I got home, 4 horses lay dead and the other 2 were severely injured and had to be euthanized. My barn was gone. My house was gone. My fencing was gone. My truck and trailer were gone. There is nothing there but small pieces of things. My truck was found 1/4 mile away and my 3-horse, gooseneck trailer has not even been found.

I am physically fine and I will be fine overall in the future. I have wonderful friends and family that are keeping me going forward. I tell people that offer help that by just caring and thinking of me and my family as we pull ourselves up by the boot straps, it is enough.

I have no horses to rescue and care for now. I am living with a good friend and I still have my business. I have lots of work to do but I know it will get done in time. Like so many of you here, I am an Arabian horse lover. That's not going to change but it will take me some time to be back where I want to be.

Be good to one another and hug your horses.
David
David W. Jones
Borden, IN & Louisville, KY

#15 ladycascabel

ladycascabel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,760 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:54 PM

Hugs to YOU, David. So sorry to hear of your loss. Deepest condolences.

Mary Logan

www.cascabelranch.com

Proud of our family of working western athletes: Arabians, Half-arabs, National Foundation Quarter Horses.
Producers of all-natural grass-fed beef.

The Arabian and Half-arab Fam:

TS Paarden Mia chestnut purebred mare
HAA Marco Rojo chestnut Classical Spanish gelding
SA Firefoxx chestnut purebred gelding
OFW Carnation bay purebred mare
Baileys Khaffe Latte buckskin HA gelding
Skyy RPA amber champagne HA mare
Goldenseal MSL palomino HA gelding
Tenebria MSL black HA filly SOLD

#16 SWells

SWells

Sapphire Farms

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:55 PM

I haven't been on here much lately but I wanted to post my personal loss. I was wiped out by two tornados that went through my place Friday afternoon. I won't go into detail but I just wanted to say that my life has taken a very dramatic turn. I had six horses and lost six horses--4 Arabian mares, an Arabian colt and a Half-Arabian gelding. I was at work when it struck and when I got home, 4 horses lay dead and the other 2 were severely injured and had to be euthanized. My barn was gone. My house was gone. My fencing was gone. My truck and trailer were gone. There is nothing there but small pieces of things. My truck was found 1/4 mile away and my 3-horse, gooseneck trailer has not even been found.

I am physically fine and I will be fine overall in the future. I have wonderful friends and family that are keeping me going forward. I tell people that offer help that by just caring and thinking of me and my family as we pull ourselves up by the boot straps, it is enough.

I have no horses to rescue and care for now. I am living with a good friend and I still have my business. I have lots of work to do but I know it will get done in time. Like so many of you here, I am an Arabian horse lover. That's not going to change but it will take me some time to be back where I want to be.

David

David,

My heart goes out to you -- I cannot imagine that happening, how utterly horrific. I am so very, very sorry for your losses...but I am happy you are safe.

May God bless you,
Sue Wells
Sapphire Farms

Posted Image

Visit us on the web!

#17 nashfad

nashfad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:31 PM

David, I cannot even imagine what you have had to go through/deal with. The 2 fronts that came through Nashville, 1 went 1.2 mi north of me and the other went just a mile or so south of me. Prayers to you and yours. What do you need?

#18 Laura

Laura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:34 PM

So sad for you
God Bless
Laura

#19 elitearab

elitearab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:49 PM

So sorry for your loss David, I can't imagine what you are feeling right now.
www.elitearabians.com

Come visit us to see the farm and horses for sale. We are selling the farm and disbursing all but a few of our horses. Prices are super low and all offers will be considered. A good home more important than price!

#20 Zosia

Zosia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:03 PM

David

My heart is breaking for you David. I know how much you loved your equine companions. You are in my prayers.

Cindy

Cynthia Dolanski-Luttman

Dol Rae Arabians

Purebred and Half Arabians since 1992