Photo

Bling In The Ring

How much is too much?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
219 replies to this topic

#141 loriwoo

loriwoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:45 AM

Those are really pretty, I am alittle to shy/old :sleep: for all that glitter though, I like the horse to be the flashy one.

I try to stay away from wearing too much black, dont' want to look like the "bad guy", ha ha. I have a really nice new beige hat and only show in the summer, so I am trying to go with the chocolate, which makes his black look blacker, or sand type colors, and I always mix in a little blue so he doesn't feel like a princess. (Although he acts like one,, tee hee)
good ideas, though, keep em comin'!
It is not the quality of silver on your horse, it is the quality of horse under your silver.

#142 siiamese

siiamese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,735 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:40 PM

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

#143 saarabs

saarabs

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:17 PM

Those are really pretty, I am alittle to shy/old :sleep: for all that glitter though, I like the horse to be the flashy one.

I try to stay away from wearing too much black, dont' want to look like the "bad guy", ha ha. I have a really nice new beige hat and only show in the summer, so I am trying to go with the chocolate, which makes his black look blacker, or sand type colors, and I always mix in a little blue so he doesn't feel like a princess. (Although he acts like one,, tee hee)
good ideas, though, keep em comin'!

I am 57, and I plan on wearing a shirt similar to the brown one, with brown chaps...(saving some fabric back) and I plan on also making a Hunter green outfit. I will make the whole green outfit, even the chaps. I know Hunter isn't "in" right now, but I detest olive green, and since I am a designer.... ;)

Halim Bahim Star SE, Blue black Rabicano Gelding
Psyches Psyche SPA chestnut sabino gelding
Javalls Miracle- Pintabian Chestnut tobiano gelding

Serenity Acres Arabians

#144 kcranford

kcranford

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,704 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:45 AM

Apologies to those who are trying to "quit" LOL. These folks were at the Scottsdale show and had some really pretty outfits. Very similar to the Show Season look - but (a little) less expensive I think. I LOVE the white jacket she has on her site - she had it displayed at the show and the picture does not do it justice. Here's the site:
http://www.horseandr...ingdesigns.com/
RUSSKA FARMS, LLC
Arabian Show Horses
Dr. Russell & Kathy Cranford
"We were created by an Artist. We are meant to live beautifully every day."

#145 saarabs

saarabs

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:54 PM

Apologies to those who are trying to "quit" LOL. These folks were at the Scottsdale show and had some really pretty outfits. Very similar to the Show Season look - but (a little) less expensive I think. I LOVE the white jacket she has on her site - she had it displayed at the show and the picture does not do it justice. Here's the site:
http://www.horseandr...ingdesigns.com/

The only problem with those is that she used the strands of crystals, and hand sewed them on. So she doesn't have much time involved in setting stones. If the thread holding them on starts coming loose, you will have a whole strand coming loose. If crystals are rim set, or hotfixed on, and you lose one, it's easy to replace. These would be a nightmare to try and fix. Other than that they're nice.

Serenity Acres Arabians

#146 kcranford

kcranford

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,704 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:16 PM

The only problem with those is that she used the strands of crystals, and hand sewed them on. So she doesn't have much time involved in setting stones. If the thread holding them on starts coming loose, you will have a whole strand coming loose. If crystals are rim set, or hotfixed on, and you lose one, it's easy to replace. These would be a nightmare to try and fix. Other than that they're nice.

Hmmm, interesting. It's always good to get the POV of someone who knows about this stuff. My experience as a seamstress amounts to a couple pillowcases for the dog beds and a couple lop-sided scrub tops LOL.
RUSSKA FARMS, LLC
Arabian Show Horses
Dr. Russell & Kathy Cranford
"We were created by an Artist. We are meant to live beautifully every day."

#147 loriwoo

loriwoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:48 PM

Siiamese, where did you find those, they would be perfect if they were trimmed in tan,,,
It is not the quality of silver on your horse, it is the quality of horse under your silver.

#148 saarabs

saarabs

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:45 PM

It has been a real learning adventure for me. I used to put snaps on cuffs...but then realized the snaps that I used to put on baby clothes, which had to be yanked off to change them...aren't made like they used to be. Now that stuff comes from China, and they are junk. So, I use double lock velcro. I have to get all my zippers from a little store in NY, but they are all YKK which is the best.
Goes back to...stuff is not made in USA anymore.

Serenity Acres Arabians

#149 siiamese

siiamese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,735 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:56 PM

loriwoo
check out these tow vendors on ebay (they seem to have lots and lots of choices)

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1423.l2649

#150 ladycascabel

ladycascabel

Advanced Member

• Silver Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,719 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:05 PM

The glittery blue shirt labeled 6545...that fabric looks wonderful in the ring but be prepared after your class to look as though you've been sprinkled with fairy dust!

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

Mary Logan

www.cascabelranch.com

Proud of our family of working western athletes: Arabians, Half-arabs, National Foundation Quarter Horses.
Producers of all-natural grass-fed beef.

The Arabian and Half-arab Fam:

TS Paarden Mia chestnut purebred mare
HAA Marco Rojo chestnut Classical Spanish gelding
SA Firefoxx chestnut purebred gelding
OFW Carnation bay purebred mare
Baileys Khaffe Latte buckskin HA gelding
Skyy RPA amber champagne HA mare
Goldenseal MSL palomino HA gelding
Tenebria MSL black HA filly SOLD