Photo

Needing Stallion Suggestions

Would like to keep old line

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#21 backyardbred

backyardbred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:09 AM

I think that "JUST FOR THE SAKE ARGUMENT" you could search the world far and wide
and still be looking for the next best stallion for your mares! Really, honestly we DO breed
fantastic Arabians!
The decision is a real brain twister!
However..."JUST FOR THE SAKE ARGUMENT" lets look at the Stallions on the
2012 Payback Stallion Roster
They have a delightful...delicious list right in front of us with color photos! ;-D
Ahem!

I have a pretty little bay mare linebred Gainey heavy on Gai Parada/ Gai Campaigner
lines...she is the sweetest thing since chocolate ice cream...bred for disposition don'cha know!
Caprice and her could be sisters! Same head, same neck and long back...

First off...I am thinking about using the suggested stallion on "My Baby Girl" to fix those things and
add some glamour. I am NOT connected with the owner in any manner... So here is my suggestion.

Los Angeles (Vallehermoso x Mariangeles) bay 1988

I have been lusting after "Los Angeles" since I saw his photo. Los Angeles is 3/4 Spanish and those
Spanish lines are excellent!
(Spanish horses are also bred for sweet dispositions and willingness to please.) IMPORTANT!

Los Angeles non-Spanish bloodline is 1968 US National Champion Comar Bay Beau's daughter
Gyspy Beau and her mother Bint Rahtana is the granddaughter of Al Marah Radames.
Gypsy Beau's is well bred on the bottom line... some names may not be well known but the foundation
stock is good solid CMK. ( Count on it!)

Market Trend

The marketing trend...is toward the melting pot...mixing Spanish, Crabbet, Polish and Egyptian
produced Magnum Psyche....Take a well stamped Gainey crossed on Spanish then cross
that to an exquisite such as Calle Thee Extreme or many of the new Polish...then you
will have what it takes to set foot on the corner of the current market trend.

Magnum Psyche dam is 100% Spanish...his sire Padron Psyche is 25% Crabbet, 25% Egyptian
and 50% Polish...That horse is a money maker...he hall-marked the current breeding trend of today.
Everything else that is being dragged from one corner of the globe to another today is bred similar
to his back ground.

I love the Spanish bred horses...cross this line onto Bask and you really have something special.
I once owned a AN Malik son whose dam was a Port Bask daughter...Wonderful horse!
Val

#22 siiamese

siiamese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,381 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:58 PM

http://www.wcaha.org...lions-2012.html

check out this stallion service auction - - some great horses to choose from at reduced fees

#23 Fereyna1982

Fereyna1982

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:59 PM

What about Forrest Prince? He even raced. Successfully, I think.

http://www.pfment.co...lionroster.html

I am also very partial to FV Ben Juan. He's one of the very few Ben Rabba sons still with us. He's at Van Gilder Ranch, now.

#24 Oak Lawn Arabians

Oak Lawn Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:01 PM

Somehow I missed the last couple of messages. Guess I have been outside too much and not paying attention to the computer. Too much fun messing with the horses. Who is that beautiful grey *Ralvon Elijah horse in the above picture? I am going to check out Vanguard Arabians also.

This has turned out to be much harder than I expected, so many beautiful horses today. I want to be sure to keep Caprice's huge eyes and I know I need to shorten the back. Got to make a decision pretty soon here. :wacko:

The horse above is Elrond (Cavu Ralvon Valor x GHA Gai Guinevere).

http://www.allbreedp...ree.com/elrond2

Go see Tracy's stallions and their get at Vanguard Arabians. Especially Cavu Paragon... he would be perfect for your mare.

Carrie

Oak Lawn Arabians
Carrie and Alex Stewart
Home of CT Saint Patrick, Dancin InThe Sand AND Beaudacious Boogie OLA, 2009 Region 15 Top 5 SHIH Mares ATH Open
"Using Bloodlines of the Past, To Create Beautiful Athletes of the Future!"

#25 lkirby

lkirby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:27 PM

You might also want to consider Magic Domino, who is a pure (100%) Crabbet Arabian stallion, even though he is gray in color. Magic Domino is standing at Arabian Dream Farm in Tennessee and is listed on the SHNpayback website. You can also see several Youtube videos of Magic Domino.

Lorna G. Kirby, PE
When you have gone through fire, you won't fade in the sun!!

#26 Envestment

Envestment

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:21 PM

I am really encouraged to see that there are still some "classic" bloodlines available after all. I was beginning to wonder if they were gone. Consulting with Arlene had given me some wonderful suggestions but the stallion owners just didn't seem to care if they bred their horses or not. It is sad when some owners just aren't interested in breeding or even in returning calls and e-mails.. It could be that I am "a nobody" but I have had some of the biggest breeder/trainers treat me very well so I don't believe that is the case, I just think these particular people really didn't care.

I am considering a handful of horses and plan to make my decision very soon. I want to get a few more good pictures of Caprice to be sure I have made the correct choice. I will post when I make the decision.

THANK YOU ALL. Bonnie
Bonnie Jameson
CROSSWIND ARABIANS
Webbers Falls, OK
CrosswindArabs@aol.com
Our home is protected by God and a gun"

#27 siiamese

siiamese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,381 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:25 PM

You might also want to consider Magic Domino, who is a pure (100%) Crabbet Arabian stallion, even though he is gray in color. Magic Domino is standing at Arabian Dream Farm in Tennessee and is listed on the SHNpayback website. You can also see several Youtube videos of Magic Domino.

this is a fabulous stallion - definitely one to consider

#28 Dawn JL

Dawn JL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:53 AM

Bonnie, I am sorry that some stallion owners have not responded. Their lack of professionalism is NOT a reflection on you, only on them. I hope that you find a good match for your fine mare. Arlene is very helpful with these things; she's a great resource.

There are some lovely old lines still out there, but they are sometimes difficult to find since most are not heavily promoted. Please keep us posted on your choice and best wishes for a healthy foal!
Dawn Jones-Low
Faerie Court Farm
Magical Arabian Sport Horses

www.faeriecourtfarm.com
Visit Faerie Court Farm on facebook
FCF Oberons Vanity on facebook

#29 twnkltoz

twnkltoz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:20 AM

Bonnie, you might look at my stallion, Capt Han Solo+. Classic lines and old breeding, which I think you said you liked. He has a very strong back and hip, lovely neck, very substantial and is a beautiful mover.

http://www.allbreedp...m/capt+han+solo

More pictures on his website at www.capthansolo.com.

He does have a few grey ancestors, but of his nine babies, none are grey.

Attached Thumbnails

• Soloside.jpg
  • solotrot.jpg

Jennifer Walker
Capt Han Solo+,Reserve National Champion training level dressage, Top Ten first level dresage, Regional Champion Sport Horse Stallion available for lease
Author of The Riders of Green Meadow Series--Arabian horse fiction for young teens and the young-at-heart

#30 Mystic Rose

Mystic Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,341 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:29 AM

I am really encouraged to see that there are still some "classic" bloodlines available after all. I was beginning to wonder if they were gone. Consulting with Arlene had given me some wonderful suggestions but the stallion owners just didn't seem to care if they bred their horses or not. It is sad when some owners just aren't interested in breeding or even in returning calls and e-mails.. It could be that I am "a nobody" but I have had some of the biggest breeder/trainers treat me very well so I don't believe that is the case, I just think these particular people really didn't care.

I am considering a handful of horses and plan to make my decision very soon. I want to get a few more good pictures of Caprice to be sure I have made the correct choice. I will post when I make the decision.

THANK YOU ALL. Bonnie

Bonnie - I am massively stallion shopping as well - and have run into that same phenomenon. If I dont get answers, or more of an answer than a referral to the pictures on the website - I'm done. There are a lot of fabulous stallions out there without dealing with people who don't want to communicate. And the mare I am shopping for has produced national winners - so while I'm a 'nobody' she certainly isn't. sigh...
Good luck with your search - some nice stallions have definitely been recommended!

Jennifer Whittaker
http://www.MysticRoseArabians.com or find us on FB under Mystic Rose Arabians
Home of: Summer Saga+ (Massar El Sabbah x Summer Savannah) - proven high mileage endurance stallion and SHIH Champion.
SHN Payback Nominated, SCID and CA negative.  Sire of Regional Champions in Endurance/SHIH/SHUS and winning open dressage horses!