Photo

Laheeb and I...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
64 replies to this topic

#61 Lacinda

Lacinda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,723 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:27 PM

Nicole, at the same time if you ask questions, prepare to have them answered and to be educated where you maybe are lacking. I am lacking in lots of areas and believe me, we all have something to learn, you will find the best arabian breeders to be the most humble .....at least in my experience.

I did not mind your thoughts at all, the reason I asked is I was trying to get a feel for what part of Mustafa's horses faces you thought was too extreme. I put the photos of mine up as they are very different yet similar so thought maybe you'd explain more on what you meant by 'breathing issues' and such.

Just was trying to get more info from you on your thoughts, and while I did laugh, not really in a bad way, at you calling Dyno a miniature. Well, like a miniature. :) I am just not totally sure that bulge on a min is the same thing as on an arab, I really do need to ask my vet or someone.
Signature being edited, too large.

#62 Mustafa Sabankaya

Mustafa Sabankaya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:20 PM

Hi Mustafa, I am very glad that you took my question lightly, as I certainly meant no disrespect, and I agree this could be a very interesting discussion! Do you mind if I post photos of the horses in your program that I would be curious about their skull conformation?

You are definitely correct, that there is some what of an illusion when you have a horse with a very pronounced jibbah, and it's very possible that is all there is to it. It would be very interesting to see some sort of study on horse head shapes and if there is in fact any effect on things like breathing, teeth, brain capacity, vision etc. I have been looking at photos of horse skulls ( wish I could actually SEE them in person, much easier to compare and contrast), to see if there is anything about them that might suggest any of those issues are possible, or if horses with a shorter face and wider forehead have MORE wind capacity than those with a longer, narrower skull. The other thing I notice with arabian skulls vs other breeds is how far down the bone goes down the end of the nose.. on arabian skulls it seems to stop much shorter which would give their nostrils a more fleshy and expressive appearance than horses who have bone continuing lower.

I know you obviously care deeply about your horses, and I think this sort of thing is very interesting, and something that could be studies with a large herd like yours who have a wide variety of face shapes!

Nicole

Nicole, I see this thread of your opinion of some horses having too much dish in their nasal area seems to be going the wrong way.
At this time I would request that please do not use my name nor my horses' to make your points, as there are so many other horses for you to use in your argument, like Pianissima whose picture I included below.
Sincerely,
Mustafa

Posted Image
Ottoman Arabians (dba Sabankaya Select)
www.sabankayaselect.com

#63 Nicole&Reannon

Nicole&Reannon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:20 AM

Sorry Mustafa, I am not trying to make any points or any arguments. I was simply curious about a few of your horses. The photos are hard to judge a horse by which is why I was hoping for some discussion.

LOL Heather, I wasn't saying Dyna was a miniature...like I said, some of my comments are obviously being taken too literally, or at least not exactly how they were intended so there isn't much point in continuing because things are going the wrong way. Oh well, I tried LOL. I'm don't actually know if there are any true effects to extreme head features on various breeds which is why I was asking. I have heard people make claims about extreme dishes in arabs being associated with breathing issues and tooth issues which is why I was asking, I have no idea if they are true are false, but don't know until you ask! 8)
Reannon - 2000 Andalusian/Arabian Mare
(Valerio(Andalusian) x Vienese Waltz (DWD Tabasco x Heaven Scent))

#64 TripleHFarm

TripleHFarm

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2,907 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:04 AM

I have several extreme heads and have no breathing issue's
BINT SAFIERA 2000 Bay mare, SHAMS EL BINA 2002 Bay mare, NAKHDA AL SHAIB 2004 Grey Gelding<---- AL, SIHR JAWHER 2006 Bay Stallion, NADEERAH ALIAH 2006 Bay mare, ZAHRAN HAMRAH 2006 Grey mare, SHAMS FIDAT 2012 grey filly, SKYLER the 1/2 Arabian pinto wonder horse

#65 Lacinda

Lacinda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,723 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:26 AM

Sorry Mustafa, I am not trying to make any points or any arguments. I was simply curious about a few of your horses. The photos are hard to judge a horse by which is why I was hoping for some discussion.

LOL Heather, I wasn't saying Dyna was a miniature...like I said, some of my comments are obviously being taken too literally, or at least not exactly how they were intended so there isn't much point in continuing because things are going the wrong way. Oh well, I tried LOL. I'm don't actually know if there are any true effects to extreme head features on various breeds which is why I was asking. I have heard people make claims about extreme dishes in arabs being associated with breathing issues and tooth issues which is why I was asking, I have no idea if they are true are false, but don't know until you ask! 8)

And since Mustafa asked then we should make a discussion elsewhere, but in the end......I think that perhaps the best thing is if you have a question like this to make a thread as I don't think anyone would mind, and use horses that are either your own (as I was sure to do) or perhaps of deceased individuals etc. I hate using photos or examples that are not my own anymore as it can be hurtful to peoples feelings of their horses. If it is my horse, I only have my own feelings to contend with.
Good luck on your search for the knowledge.
Signature being edited, too large.