Photo
- - - - -

THE FABULOUS FADJUR

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#11 Lana

Lana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:46 PM

I owned a beautiful Black Bay son of Fadjur for 26 years. I bought him from Dorian Farm at age 4 and he died at age 30 in 2000. He was a true son of Fadjur--very charismatic and competed in Halter, Western, Harness and even tried English. He was shown in the era where one horse tried several different things. His name was Dorian Fadji.

#12 AraniArabians

AraniArabians

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:11 PM

We started our love of Arabians with a Fadjur grandson....Arani (Jurwadi x El Tarah). My new 2yr old filly Southern Style H...she has 4 lines to Fadjur!!!

Posted ImagePosted Image
Arani Arabians....keeping with family tradition!
Home of.......
Maggie May WCA, Alada Rockette
Southern Style H, BC Baack Aatcha Bayb

#13 Fadtastic

Fadtastic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:49 PM

They are so special.
I have been addicted for years.
Kris
Fadjur / *Sidi Brahim lines
Home of Nobilidi, SCID and CA clear
http://fad123.multiply.com/

#14 Arlene Magid

Arlene Magid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:37 AM

Wonderful to see all the terrific photos of Fadjur descendants here, please keep them coming!

Posted Image

#15 Rachel

Rachel

Rachel And Aries

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:19 AM

I just recently rescued a Fadjur granddaughter :) love this boy

Anyone know if his son Fadjess has a show record?

Also does datasource show D.O.B.'s?

Fadjesstic Taheas Trillogy
101_0614.JPG

The Arabian stallion is magnificent, and the mare quite glamorous, but the airy-fairy foal is so delicate and fawn-like, he steals your heart away!
- Gladys Brown Edwards, "Know the Arabian Horse"

"So tender is the Arab of his horse, that he will seldom beat or spur him; and in consequence of this humane treatment, the animal considers itself as one of the family, and will allow the children to play round it, and to fondle it like a dog." The Wonders of the Horse, by Jos. Taylor "For the dominant quality of Arab blood is its eternal, its immortal persistence. Wherever, as the horseman of today looks about him and among these horses, observes beauty, speed, grace, fire, activity, docility and fineness yet toughness of fiber, he sees that eternity, that immortality, incarnated. It has triumphed over everything mundane, thousands of years, hap and circumstances, time and tide, incredible hardships and immemorial adversities, misuse, and abuse, the exigencies of mankind's daily life and the flame and blood of the battlefield, unconquerable, indestructible and victorious. Everything worth while in the shape of a horse in the world today partakes of it. The Greeks believed it Godlike, and verily they made no mistake."March 27, 1942, Mr. Hervey

#16 Briska

Briska

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:07 PM

Well, Datasource didn't have any show record for Fadjess, but the DOB on your girl is 1993. Fadjess was bred by Marjory Tone, the owner of Fadjur. The Tone Ranch isn't far from us and I had the pleasure of meeting them. Nice, nice people.
Be careful of the words you say, and keep them soft and sweet. For you never know, from time to time, which ones you'll have to eat.

Foals arriving in 2012 are also for sale
**Pentika V x Gotcha in April **RO Siena Sunshine x Gotcha in April **Falicity x Gotcha in May **RNT Pyrrunata x FSF Vintage Flyer in May

#17 Rachel

Rachel

Rachel And Aries

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:39 AM

Well, Datasource didn't have any show record for Fadjess, but the DOB on your girl is 1993. Fadjess was bred by Marjory Tone, the owner of Fadjur. The Tone Ranch isn't far from us and I had the pleasure of meeting them. Nice, nice people.

I was not sure if he had a show record. I have seen a photo of him in harness and it looked professional, like maybe at a show but was not sure.

so datasource does not give birth dates? that's too bad as I like to celebrate each of my horses' birthdays. We are still working on getting her papers.

Lucky you for being able to meet him!

The Arabian stallion is magnificent, and the mare quite glamorous, but the airy-fairy foal is so delicate and fawn-like, he steals your heart away!
- Gladys Brown Edwards, "Know the Arabian Horse"

"So tender is the Arab of his horse, that he will seldom beat or spur him; and in consequence of this humane treatment, the animal considers itself as one of the family, and will allow the children to play round it, and to fondle it like a dog." The Wonders of the Horse, by Jos. Taylor "For the dominant quality of Arab blood is its eternal, its immortal persistence. Wherever, as the horseman of today looks about him and among these horses, observes beauty, speed, grace, fire, activity, docility and fineness yet toughness of fiber, he sees that eternity, that immortality, incarnated. It has triumphed over everything mundane, thousands of years, hap and circumstances, time and tide, incredible hardships and immemorial adversities, misuse, and abuse, the exigencies of mankind's daily life and the flame and blood of the battlefield, unconquerable, indestructible and victorious. Everything worth while in the shape of a horse in the world today partakes of it. The Greeks believed it Godlike, and verily they made no mistake."March 27, 1942, Mr. Hervey