Photo

*Novator and *Sambor++

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 talismn28

talismn28

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:49 AM

I currently own the grandson of these stallions. I was told the line was a great success back in the day. I was also told the line was brought from poland / russia somtimes in the late 80s. They were only bred a few years and retired. My stallion is an 05 baby, and is a beauty. His great great grandfather on mothers side is *Bask++. I have seen the videos of this great stallion and see alot of him in Nova Khassanova, my stallion. He has the sweetest personality, and a complete gentleman. And is passing it on in his offspring. I would really like to find out more about this line. This is my first arabian, and cant believe it took me this long to work with this breed. Anyone with some history on this line please let me in on it.

#2 NadiaKA

NadiaKA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:11 PM

We have a straight Russian *Novator daughter who we bought a couple years ago to breed to our late foundation stallion *Nefison, *Nefison had been bred to another *Novator daughter with good results and we were interested in continuing the trend. Our mare both raced and showed Class A halter in her younger years, her oldest son also raced and is now getting into endurance and lots of recreational riding with a mother & young daughter pair. 'Sensay' is an athletic, beautiful mover & the *Nefison colt (now gelding) she produced for us in 2010 is going to make someone an awesome riding horse for competition or pleasure, he also has that sweet and personable temperament. She is now in foal to our young *Nefison son Magadan kgi for early 2012 and we're really looking forward to seeing what she produces next.

*Novator was indeed imported from Russia and represents some of the most well known athletic lines to come out of the Tersk program. If you do some research on the Priboj/Taktika as well as Pomeranets(by Priboj)/Taktika cross you will find an impressive group of athletes descending from these lines- both through Russian and Polish breeding. *Novator himself was used in racing programs and in addition to producing Stakes winners also sired 5 National winners in Dressage, up to the Prix St. Georges level.

I have pictures on my website of several ancestors, if you start here: http://www.kakagiara....com/sensay.htm you can see our mare & follow the links to see her son & several horses in her pedigree.

*Sambor is a Polish stallion, also a familiar name in racing lines so your stallion is very race-bred and should produce some great athletes for you! Would love to see pictures if you want to share :)

Nadia
Kakagi Arabians
Straight Russian Arabians
Featuring the offspring of *Nefison (Mag x Nefisa)

#3 talismn28

talismn28

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:17 PM

We have a straight Russian *Novator daughter who we bought a couple years ago to breed to our late foundation stallion *Nefison, *Nefison had been bred to another *Novator daughter with good results and we were interested in continuing the trend. Our mare both raced and showed Class A halter in her younger years, her oldest son also raced and is now getting into endurance and lots of recreational riding with a mother & young daughter pair. 'Sensay' is an athletic, beautiful mover & the *Nefison colt (now gelding) she produced for us in 2010 is going to make someone an awesome riding horse for competition or pleasure, he also has that sweet and personable temperament. She is now in foal to our young *Nefison son Magadan kgi for early 2012 and we're really looking forward to seeing what she produces next.

*Novator was indeed imported from Russia and represents some of the most well known athletic lines to come out of the Tersk program. If you do some research on the Priboj/Taktika as well as Pomeranets(by Priboj)/Taktika cross you will find an impressive group of athletes descending from these lines- both through Russian and Polish breeding. *Novator himself was used in racing programs and in addition to producing Stakes winners also sired 5 National winners in Dressage, up to the Prix St. Georges level.

I have pictures on my website of several ancestors, if you start here: http://www.kakagiara....com/sensay.htm you can see our mare & follow the links to see her son & several horses in her pedigree.

*Sambor is a Polish stallion, also a familiar name in racing lines so your stallion is very race-bred and should produce some great athletes for you! Would love to see pictures if you want to share :)

#4 talismn28

talismn28

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:32 PM

Thanks for the reply. I have an album on facebook. Tracy Smith, in Trilby fl. Im not sure how to send pics thru here yet! Would love to pick ur brain. Khassanova has produced two colts so far. Both are crossed with a percheron mare for sporthorses. The first is a 2year old and unfortunatly his owner has not done anything with him yet. His 3.5 month old brother starts his halter shows next week. My trainer believes he will do great. He was born 9.5 hands and now stands 12.3 hands. I think i might have to get a nice arab mare and see what i get. I wanted to believe what i was told, but have been told stories before!!