Photo

Marci needs to do some rehoming

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
92 replies to this topic

#81 Marci

Marci

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 07:02 AM

Hey all how do i get a hold of the person, Im interested in 2 of them. HR Cologne, CS Ivegot Style. I have some room and would love some nice mares to love on..Dawn

Dawn:

Thank you for your interest, but both mares have been placed.
Marci de la Torre
Pegasus Park Arabians
Wildomar, CA

Home of:
Seraphix (SX Staleys Gemini x Zia Bi Bask) - A *Serafix grandson out of a *Bask/CMK mare!!
Bright Rabba (FV Sharabba x Galana'Zi)- an exciting young Sharabba son out of a Galan/Ga'Zi daughter.
Jewel King (The Chessman x GA Celeste) A rare double Galan++ grandson.
MHR Flame(Port Bask x MHR Polanka) Pure Polish - Mekeel-bred!
A Touch Of Pride (Farlanes Pride+/ x Phylicity) The one and only son of Farlanes Pride+/ in the US.
SX Mister Brilliant (Serazim x BT Cameo by El Brillante). The only entire son of the great Serazim.

#82 DesertJewelArabians

DesertJewelArabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:05 AM

Good I hope they are well loved. Its nice to know they have an angel looking out for them now.
.. Dawn

Desert Jewel Arabians
Veneta, Oregon

#83 horsepooralso

horsepooralso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,225 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:21 PM

This is the first time I have posted anything. I have just floated out here reading and learning. It is interesting that some people are so quick to judge when they do not know the people they are talking about nor the facts of the situation. I know Marci and she is a wonderful person, and has helped me when I needed help or advice. She is caring and so loves her horses. The situation out here in California is terrible and getting worse. In one week the price of a bale of alfalfa went up a dollar each. Every time I go to the feed store I am expecting another increase. If I could take some of the horses I would, but my hours at work were cut in half along with my salary. I have yet to find another full time job myself. I am thankful for all the extra hours I can get. When I sent the word out for help several months ago two horse women came the same day with trailers full of feed. One of these wonderful ladies was Marci, the other Anne York. Also 2 people sent money to my feed store to help me. The only request was when I was able to pass it forward. I suggest that instead of complaining and judging help Marci out in this way. Or find someone close by that needs help and help them out. Kindness will go alot farther then attacking someone who is in a horrible situation.

Anne Cowing

I think this about says it all.Marci has had a huge heart for this breed for many years and now that the sorry situation that many in Southern California are finding themselves in has hit her home,I hope we can offer her help or at least a kind word.
Marci,I will be saying a prayer for your situation to take a turn for the better.
:grouphug:
Sheryl Payne

Posted Image

#84 Arabian Rescue

Arabian Rescue

Advanced Member

• VIP Hosting Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:19 AM

Marci has 3 more horses she needs to place! So if anyone is interested in either of these 3, please contact ARM, as we will be placing them in approved homes. Again, I ask that this be done quietly and without drama! She is trying to do what is right here and deserves respect for what she is doing, as this is so hard for her, as you well know!

"These horses are in good weight, no health issues, current on all shots, worming & trimming. All are registered with AHA and are in my name. Two are well broke and one has 30 days under saddle. They are:

E A Colloa - 17yo bay mare. 14.2HH. Has had one foal. Used extensively as a lesson horse for beginners. Her previous owned rescued her from a kill pen several years ago. She is very sweet. Bonds quickly and loves to be loved. She does best turned out in a larger pen where she can get some free exercise. She has a bit of arthritis which is easily controlled with MSM/glucosomine.

Ser Shahin 11yo bay gelding. 15HH. AKA "Andy" - 2 years professional training. Has been ridden western. english, trail. Shown SHIH. There was a thread in ABN listing him for sale w/pictures. Here it is: http://forums.arabia...urance-gelding/ "Andy" requires an experienced rider. He is eligible for the SHN Payback through his sire, Serazim. Needs to be blanketed or under a roof during the rainy season because he is prone to rainrot.

SX Corazon - 8yo Chestnut gelding. 14.1HH. 30 days under saddle but has not been ridden since March of 2010. Would make a beautiful dressage pony, trail or ??. Corazon needs someone who is quiet that he can bond with."

As soon as I get pictures of the other 2, Colloa and Corazon, I will post them. For those of you that do not have access to DS, here are the bloodlines:

E A Colloa by EA Country Flame (lines to Bask/Gwalior) x Colloo by LeFire out of a Crabbet (Ferseyn) mare
Ser Shahin by Serazim (Serafix/Abu Farwa) x Fa-Serr/Fadjur/Hallanny Mistanny bred mare.
SX Corazon by SX Serafix (dbl Serafix grandson) x the polish mare Prapia (Pohoniec/Probat/Celebes/Bandos)

Attached Thumbnails

• Ser Shahin.jpg
  • Ser Shahin4.jpg

Terry Figueroa
President/CEO of
The Arabian Rescue Mission, Inc. www.arabianrescuemission.org
a 501©3 non-profit horse rescue. info@arabianrescuemission.org
Rasmoniet ehap (Rasmoniet rsi x Jubilee Halima dtr) SE/AK
Temujin kgi (*Nefison x Procent granddaughter) Straight Russian
Promuscat (Muscat x Pettina by Ponomarev) Straight Russian
Mir MG (Moment x Muzza/Aswan dtr) Straight Russian
Always loved by *Prudent HT (Procent x Aswan daughter) Straight Russian - MY HEART
Always loved by *Bekas (Etap x Beatrice) Pure Polish Import - MY SOUL

ALWAYS REMEMBER BERRYLETTA V - GRANNY, WHO ALONG WITH 3 OTHERS, WERE MURDERED BY HSOC, OHIO!

#85 hfs

hfs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:45 AM

oh man, Shahin is lovely!!!! someone will be lucky!

#86 cecelia

cecelia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:20 PM

I am thrilled with how this is turning out and I hope Marci is feeling some relief.
What goes round comes round. I think her history of helping others encouraged people to step up and help her. Good Karma and all that. :-)
Keep on the sunny side, always on the sunny side, keep on the sunny side of life...

#87 Marci

Marci

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:29 AM

Here is SX Corazon. Pics taken in WA when he was in training. Sorry - no pics under saddle. His trainer is Ric Rodolph and he would be happy to talk to you about Corazon's training experience and what he did with him in 30 days. PS - Ric liked him a lot. Thought Corazon was very trainable - even had him out in the hills before he got home.

Attached Thumbnails

• Corazon070910_1.JPG
  • Corazon070910_2.JPG
  • Corazon070910_6.JPG
  • Corazon070910_7.JPG

Marci de la Torre
Pegasus Park Arabians
Wildomar, CA

Home of:
Seraphix (SX Staleys Gemini x Zia Bi Bask) - A *Serafix grandson out of a *Bask/CMK mare!!
Bright Rabba (FV Sharabba x Galana'Zi)- an exciting young Sharabba son out of a Galan/Ga'Zi daughter.
A Touch Of Pride (Farlanes Pride+/ x Phylicity) The one and only son of Farlanes Pride+/ in the US.
SX Mister Brilliant (Serazim x BT Cameo by El Brillante). The only entire son of the great Serazim.

#88 Marci

Marci

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:04 AM

Several months ago, I started a thread for Ser Shahin (aka "Andy"). I am attaching it here. It has more pictures and quite a bit of information about him. Andy is eligible for SHN Payback, if you are interested. Also, he is a 1/2 brother of so many champions. I do have to state that Andy is geared for an experienced rider and is not suitable for a beginner. If things were not as they are, Andy would be competing for me.

Here is his thread.

http://forums.arabia...urance-gelding/

BTW - Andy has
3 (that I know of) siblings that have completed Tevis (Katrina Kisz - total 5005 miles, Kerryman - 2675 miles & Serricko - with only 250 miles total),
2 sisters that are Daughters Of The Desert Stake winners (Ambers Treasure and Pacifica+),
Many flat racers that have retired sound and have gone on to endurance - 9 having been exported to Dubai,
1 half brother that is a star in the Sporthorse world (Resounding++++///)
And 1 Anglo-Arab sibling (Snooze Alarm) that competed in, and finished, the Rolex 3 day Event in 2010.

Andy is a rare find for the right person. There is a lady who is coming on Sunday to see him and ride him. I will let you know if they form the bond necessary.
Marci de la Torre
Pegasus Park Arabians
Wildomar, CA

Home of:

#89 Marci

Marci

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 09:34 AM

Ser Shahin (Andy) and Corazon have both found a wonderful home. They leave today, together. and will spend their lives being totally loved and ridden in the Los Angeles National Forrest with their new owners, mother and daughter. I, not only have found a great home for my boys, but feel that I have found new people friends as well.
Marci de la Torre
Pegasus Park Arabians
Wildomar, CA

Home of:

#90 ladycascabel

ladycascabel

Advanced Member

• Silver Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,875 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 09:52 AM

Ser Shahin (Andy) and Corazon have both found a wonderful home. They leave today, together. and will spend their lives being totally loved and ridden in the Los Angeles National Forrest with their new owners, mother and daughter. I, not only have found a great home for my boys, but feel that I have found new people friends as well.

That is wonderful, Marci!

Mary Logan

www.cascabelranch.com

Proud of our family of working western athletes: Arabians, Half-arabs, National Foundation Quarter Horses.
Producers of all-natural grass-fed beef.

The Arabian and Half-arab Fam:

TS Paarden Mia chestnut purebred mare
HAA Marco Rojo chestnut Classical Spanish gelding
SA Firefoxx chestnut purebred gelding
OFW Carnation bay purebred mare
Skyy RPA amber champagne HA mare
Goldenseal MSL palomino HA gelding

besttext2.jpg