#51 liz

liz

Chief feeder and pooper scooper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,071 posts
  • Interests:Arabians, QH's, Half Arabians, and Australian Shepherds

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:26 AM

I agree- Barzan is one of those "freaks" like Triana, its one of those super happy, 1 in a million crosses.

If manages to produce like himself he will be an invaluable sire. I adore him.

I think he is extremely unique . And will he ever breed one mare on US Soil ? who is on the list ? who to be the chosen few.... and he is in the process of setting the showring standard, until another great one appears. To me this is fascinating actually.

Vanilla Zip - Sire of Canadian/Sport Horse/Youth/US National Champion,  TT & Regional winners- 5 Nat WP TT winners in 2013
Faramond BPA (Versace) -  stallion   SOLD    5 National Top Tens in WP  

Summerwind Australian Shepherds -  No puppies available at the time...

#52 Alpha Arabians

Alpha Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:05 PM

Barzan will never be duplicated I don't think. Indeed his head isn't what's expected to see right now in the upper end halter crowd, but the body/neck, size, charisma far exceeds the norm.
Breeding is so much a crapshoot....but folks gamble all the time and it's 'whoopee" if you come out winning the gold.

Liz

Totally agree that Barzan is out of the norm and never to be duplicated. He looks like a living bronze. I'm being a nit pic when I speak of his ears as I couldn't take my eyes off of him in Scottsdale... to me he really was living art.
Stephanie Meza
Alpha Arabians

Home to the following ladies:

Escahda (Ecaho x Esconcja) 2008 mare IFT *La Karat by WH Justice

Esabella (Sanadik El Shaklan x Esconcja) 2008 mare IFT *La Karat by WH Justice

#53 liz

liz

Chief feeder and pooper scooper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,071 posts
  • Interests:Arabians, QH's, Half Arabians, and Australian Shepherds

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:46 PM

Liz

Totally agree that Barzan is out of the norm and never to be duplicated. He looks like a living bronze. I'm being a nit pic when I speak of his ears as I couldn't take my eyes off of him in Scottsdale... to me he really was living art.

You're trying to make him "perfect". and we know there has been no perfect yet.

Vanilla Zip - Sire of Canadian/Sport Horse/Youth/US National Champion,  TT & Regional winners- 5 Nat WP TT winners in 2013
Faramond BPA (Versace) -  stallion   SOLD    5 National Top Tens in WP  

Summerwind Australian Shepherds -  No puppies available at the time...

#54 Alpha Arabians

Alpha Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:10 PM

You're trying to make him "perfect". and we know there has been no perfect yet.

Yes if those ears were just a little bit closer set and slimmer he would be perfect! ;) LOL!

Regardless, he was very much a treat to watch in the showring in Scottsdale, Liz!
Stephanie Meza
Alpha Arabians

Home to the following ladies:

Escahda (Ecaho x Esconcja) 2008 mare IFT *La Karat by WH Justice

Esabella (Sanadik El Shaklan x Esconcja) 2008 mare IFT *La Karat by WH Justice

#55 Maplewood

Maplewood

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts
  • Interests:http://youtube.com/watch?v=9PXKSnzSS5k

Korona.com

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:39 AM

On site at Midwest Training Centre Scottsdale. He was beautifully presented - naturally. David did a nice job.

http://Posted ImageUploaded at Picoodle.com
  • Briska likes this
Heidi Sause
Maplewood Farm
www.maplewoodfarmarabians.com
North Bend, Oregon
USA

#56 Briska

Briska

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts
  • Interests:Making it to Starbucks ahead of the crowds

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:07 AM

I picked up a P mare from a very old man way up in my neck of the woods. What were the chances? I am learning so much about these different families, their characteristics and traits. Amazingly overwhelming :) Pentika V is in foal to Gotcha and I can hardly wait.
Be careful of the words you say, and keep them soft and sweet. For you never know, from time to time, which ones you'll have to eat.

Foals arriving in 2012 are also for sale
**Pentika V x Gotcha in April **RO Siena Sunshine x Gotcha in April **Falicity x Gotcha in May **RNT Pyrrunata x FSF Vintage Flyer in May

#57 Maplewood

Maplewood

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts
  • Interests:http://youtube.com/watch?v=9PXKSnzSS5k

Korona.com

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:12 PM

I picked up a P mare from a very old man way up in my neck of the woods. What were the chances? I am learning so much about these different families, their characteristics and traits. Amazingly overwhelming :) Pentika V is in foal to Gotcha and I can hardly wait.

Please let us know when *Gotcha foals hit the ground. Can't wait to see them!
Heidi Sause
Maplewood Farm
www.maplewoodfarmarabians.com
North Bend, Oregon
USA

#58 morganm

morganm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

I wanted to bump this thread up as we are coming into 2013 and the first *Pogrom foal crop and I'm hoping Liz and others that might be expecting will post photos here.

I waddled back and forth and finally pulled the trigger today and bought a breeding to *Pogrom. I really wanted to breed to a Gazal sire line stallion (I previously bred to the performance multi res. national champion *TA Monet+/ and had a MM colt until last week)... but there are a lot of options out there and it took nearly a year of "thinking" before I settled on a sire to breed to.

I am unbelievably excited and am still on the fence as to which of my mares I will take him to- I think he looks promising with both my Russian/Psyche mare and my Pure Polish girl.

Here are some photos I took of him last year at Scottsdale (I realize these are almost a year old now- but thought I would share):
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Barzan, also mentioned on this thread, is coming available as a sire in 2013 and I am on the wait list, although with my recent purchase and his $4500 introductory stud fee I will likely pass on the opportunity unless something big happens before my place in line is called. I did hear a rumor that he was bred to a couple of Al Shahania's mares last year later in the Spring, so it will be interesting to see what comes from him this year, if any foals :) Is anyone else on the waitlist?
Home of:
multi regional champion RB Cavalier 1991 black stallion(Arabi Fadh Onyx x BA Cerulean Ebony)
reserve national champion AO Breeze 2001 chestnut stallion (Aclsic Raff x Mosha Khaitlyn)
scottsdale top 10/regional top 5 Moments Light 2001 gray mare (Thee Masterpiece x Moments Sequel)

#59 Nikita

Nikita

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:38 AM

The first *Pogrom foal has arrived...

Posted Image

#60 morganm

morganm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:50 AM

I saw this- can't wait to see more of the first foals.
Home of:
multi regional champion RB Cavalier 1991 black stallion(Arabi Fadh Onyx x BA Cerulean Ebony)
reserve national champion AO Breeze 2001 chestnut stallion (Aclsic Raff x Mosha Khaitlyn)
scottsdale top 10/regional top 5 Moments Light 2001 gray mare (Thee Masterpiece x Moments Sequel)