76 replies to this topic

#21 Alpha Arabians

Alpha Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:21 AM

I saw him at the Scottsdale Farm Tours over New Years. I thought he looked better in person than the ad pictures I had seen of him. His head was drier and typier than what I was expecting. He seemed nice, but nothing that made my heart race and want to run out and book breedings to him.

Maybe he will sire well and then I'll give it some more thought...

I have yet to take the photos off of my camera from that trip... It was getting dark when I saw him so I don't think I got any pictures of him, yet if so I'll see if any turned out well enough to post.
Stephanie Meza
Alpha Arabians

Home to the following ladies:

Escahda (Ecaho x Esconcja) 2008 mare IFT *La Karat by WH Justice

Esabella (Sanadik El Shaklan x Esconcja) 2008 mare IFT *La Karat by WH Justice

#22 Lacinda

Lacinda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,723 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:12 PM

Ask yourselves, if you saw him in my barn what would you think :) I think that should be the question if a horse is amazing or not, would he be amazing anywhere? :) Would he niche with your mare well no matter who owned him, take the names out of the mix (not pedigree names just meaning the romance of him being Polish and the fact he is by QR Marc and now with Boggs)

And I do really like him by the way!! Have seen extensive photos of him. I just think people need to be very careful not to breed to the name and romance and breed to the horse. Then you will get a good foal.
Signature being edited, too large.

#23 liz

liz

Chief feeder and pooper scooper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,071 posts
  • Interests:Arabians, QH's, Half Arabians, and Australian Shepherds

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:06 AM

Ask yourselves, if you saw him in my barn what would you think :) I think that should be the question if a horse is amazing or not, would he be amazing anywhere? :) Would he niche with your mare well no matter who owned him, take the names out of the mix (not pedigree names just meaning the romance of him being Polish and the fact he is by QR Marc and now with Boggs)

And I do really like him by the way!! Have seen extensive photos of him. I just think people need to be very careful not to breed to the name and romance and breed to the horse. Then you will get a good foal.

Maybe.... and then how good is good ? Good enough to be a proud representation of the breed and stay at ones farm forever? or good enough that someone else will want to buy.for a significant amount of money ( the exceptional category actually ) ? there is a definite distinction ... lest we not forget.. moi at the top of the list ! There is 1/2 of that pedigree that gives me "pause"......

Vanilla Zip - Sire of Canadian/Sport Horse/Youth/US National Champion,  TT & Regional winners- 5 Nat WP TT winners in 2013
Faramond BPA (Versace) -  stallion   SOLD    5 National Top Tens in WP  

Summerwind Australian Shepherds -  No puppies available at the time...

#24 morganm

morganm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:48 AM

QR Marc is not my favorite Marwan son- but I do think this colt has some neat things to bring to the table.

I am actually put off by who he is standing with- but I have always enjoyed photos of this horse showing in Poland and I'm excited to see him in person.

His tail female has produced some of my favorite horses and that, in an of itself, was enough to make me want to look at this colt. It is also interesting to not that a few of these P line horses that the world has embraced (and some of my favorites listed) were of Gazal sire lines.

Pinga
Posted Image

Pianissima
Posted Image

Pegasus
Posted Image

Poganin
Posted Image

Piaff (accepted by German WB registry!)
Posted Image

Posted Image
Home of:
multi regional champion RB Cavalier 1991 black stallion(Arabi Fadh Onyx x BA Cerulean Ebony)
reserve national champion AO Breeze 2001 chestnut stallion (Aclsic Raff x Mosha Khaitlyn)
scottsdale top 10/regional top 5 Moments Light 2001 gray mare (Thee Masterpiece x Moments Sequel)

#25 morganm

morganm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:58 AM

Porto:
Posted Image

Pilarka
Posted Image

and the list could go on and on and on...

There is not many (I actually can't think of any at the moment) P line stallions available in the US besides Pogrom.

Pestka was said by many to be a rather un remarkable mare herself, but produced incredible foals from the breed. Not to mention, this P lines has produced (including Pogroms immediate dam line) some excellent race horses. There are horse successful in and outside of the halter ring.
Home of:
multi regional champion RB Cavalier 1991 black stallion(Arabi Fadh Onyx x BA Cerulean Ebony)
reserve national champion AO Breeze 2001 chestnut stallion (Aclsic Raff x Mosha Khaitlyn)
scottsdale top 10/regional top 5 Moments Light 2001 gray mare (Thee Masterpiece x Moments Sequel)

#26 morganm

morganm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:03 AM

Stephanie- I would love to see your photos.

This colt, of course, could be a major exception and not be what his dam line says he could potentially be, but I do think he is worth looking at given how nice (well I like the photos of him available on google) he looks and how attractive his pedigree is!

He also could be a flop in the breeding barn, but because he is leased there is a limited number of years to try him- and unfortunately, whether he is a phenomenal sire or a mediocre one, we most likely will have no clue until he is back in Poland. None of his foals will probably have matured by then. And many of the Polish lines can take years to really dry out and mature.

Lots of people took a risk with Equifor while he was here and got some nice foals, maybe some people that breed to this colt will get some good results. I actually believe there are going to be some exceptional foals no matter what, because he is attracting some extremely nice mares- they have a good chance at producing quality even if he does not reproduce the quality of his dam line himself.

I'm not claiming this is the end-all sire- but he is one of the young horses I am keeping a close eye on in addition to other "major" names like Barzan, Marwteyn, and Firenze. There will be others, but so hard to pin nice performance horses before they actually hit the ring.
Home of:

#27 Lacinda

Lacinda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,723 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:15 AM

Morgann, I can see why you'd admire the "P" horses. Pinga is of course my all time favorite mare as I did see her in person.

As for this boy, I really like him, I can't wait until you see him in person. I did not think anyone in this thread was breeding to him for names or anything, was more saying that he probably has 60 mares booked for that reason!! The fact he is a QR Marc son etc.

I was just let down by the QR Marc filly a friend had....expected way more but I think it was a case of really winning show mare bred to really winning show stallion and maybe not enough thought. I see that a lot at Midwest, though I really believe 'back in the day' they had a pretty nice breeding program.
Signature being edited, too large.

#28 morganm

morganm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:28 AM

with you 100% - QR Marc, to me, did not deliver as expected by so many. I think its telling that he bred a very high number of mares and we don't see many sons standing at stud or many sons/daughters out there showing. There are a few, but a surprisingly limited few.

He had never been my favorite Marwan son- I think Marajj probably is my favorite Marwan son based on his sons/daughters I have seen.
Home of:

#29 morganm

morganm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:06 AM

wanted to post all horses listed share Piewica in their tail female:
Posted Image

She was bred by Russia, purchased by one of the Polish farms, and later sold to France. She stood 15.1hh.
  • Lacinda likes this
Home of:

#30 liz

liz

Chief feeder and pooper scooper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,071 posts
  • Interests:Arabians, QH's, Half Arabians, and Australian Shepherds

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:14 AM

Porto:
Posted Image

Pilarka
Posted Image

and the list could go on and on and on...

There is not many (I actually can't think of any at the moment) P line stallions available in the US besides Pogrom.

Pestka was said by many to be a rather un remarkable mare herself, but produced incredible foals from the breed. Not to mention, this P lines has produced (including Pogroms immediate dam line) some excellent race horses. There are horse successful in and outside of the halter ring.

QR Marc is not my favorite Marwan son- but I do think this colt has some neat things to bring to the table.

I am actually put off by who he is standing with- but I have always enjoyed photos of this horse showing in Poland and I'm excited to see him in person.

His tail female has produced some of my favorite horses and that, in an of itself, was enough to make me want to look at this colt. It is also interesting to not that a few of these P line horses that the world has embraced (and some of my favorites listed) were of Gazal sire lines.

Pinga
Posted Image

Pianissima
Posted Image

Pegasus
Posted Image

Poganin
Posted Image

Piaff (accepted by German WB registry!)
Posted Image

Posted Image

Have you seen pictures Petla, or her sire or dam... ? that's what I want to see.....think I saw her sire... and I won't comment on him

Did see QR Marq when he was 5 months old, before all the "hoopla" about him and his first sale, And he impressed the heck out of me then ! Even bought a breeding to him.... then saw Eden... and I liked what he had to offer even more.
The rest is hindsite .....

Edited by liz, 26 January 2012 - 11:19 AM.

Vanilla Zip - Sire of Canadian/Sport Horse/Youth/US National Champion,  TT & Regional winners- 5 Nat WP TT winners in 2013
Faramond BPA (Versace) -  stallion   SOLD    5 National Top Tens in WP  

Summerwind Australian Shepherds -  No puppies available at the time...