Photo

"Welcome to True Colours Farm" - 2012 Panoramic breeding specials!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#21 Rumonek

Rumonek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 04:32 PM

Hi Tanya

Rumonek has actually been a great help to me with "everything Arabian"! :) She's one of the people I will go to with any questions that I dont have a clue about (but am trying to learn very very hard and quickly!) about Arabians and bloodlines, etc

Its nice to have some Internet "friends" that you can use as a sounding board as well, and Rumonek has been just that with not just Panoramic but also with Guaranteed Gold as well ... :)

Now here is a question for all of you and Im pretty sure I know the answer to this one but not 100% certain. I am looking at getting another mare specifically to breed to either one of my TB stallions. She is by an Arab stallion out of a Selle Francais mare who is 1/2 TB and 1/2 SF in her bloodlines. So bred to one of my TB boys the foal would end up being 1/4 Arab / 1/8 SF / 5/8 TB. Are there any Part Bred Arab registration possibilities with this foal or is the Arab influence too dilutes with the TB cross?

Thanks so much! :)

Thank You- it is always wonderful being reminded what wonderful friends I have :)

Posted Image

Rumonek Colored Arabians

In Gold We Trust RCA
2010 53% Arabian Cremello Colt
(Allusive Gold ss X Wyo Prairie Pearl)

#22 TrueColours

TrueColours

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:38 AM

the foals would be considered a Celle Francais as both TB and arabians and anglo arabians are allowed in to the Celle Francais stud books . to be considered half arab registry at least one parent has to be pure bred arabian now am sure every one will correct me if i am wrong

Ahhh ...

So even if the sire and dam were both 1/2 Arabian and the foal ended up taking that 1/2 from each parent and was 1/2 Arabian in bloodlines, there are no Part Bred Arabian registry options for it?

So - even an Anglo bred to an Anglo - the foal would have no registry options open to it?

#23 Rumonek

Rumonek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:36 AM

Anglos are completely different than the "Half Arabians". To be registered 1/2 Arabian the foal must have one purebred Arabian parent. (Think of Lucian- he is over 50% Arabian in blood, but cannot be registered 1/2 Arabian as neither of his parents is full Arabian)

Posted Image

Rumonek Colored Arabians

In Gold We Trust RCA

#24 TrueColours

TrueColours

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:44 PM

Anglos are completely different than the "Half Arabians". To be registered 1/2 Arabian the foal must have one purebred Arabian parent. (Think of Lucian- he is over 50% Arabian in blood, but cannot be registered 1/2 Arabian as neither of his parents is full Arabian)

Interesting! I had no idea thats how it worked! So even if he is 60-70-80% or more Arab blood if one of the parents arent full Arabian it doesnt "count" and he cant be registered Half Arabian???

Now from someone on the "outside looking in" are you guys with Half Arabians okay with this? I think if it was me, I'd be screaming blue murder at the unfairness of this rule and how it simply does not make any sense at all!

#25 Rumonek

Rumonek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 06:45 AM

Yes, exactly.
And, yes, exactly! ;) I, and a lot of others, feel it is absolutely rediculous that a horse must have a purebred parent to be registered 1/2 Arabian. This leaves out all double dilutes and all homozygous pintos as well. The main arguments against allowing this is that "1/2 Arabian registration doesn't require DNA testing" well, easy answer to that is to start requiring DNA. Second: "It will take business away from purebred stallions" again, I don't think this is the case at all. Just because part-breds are able to be bred and registered does not mean that everyone will go this route, and it certainly does not mean that people will stop breeding purebreds.

If other countries can do this, I see no reason why we cannot either. Australia has some of the BEST part-bred breeding stock and it is because they are supported by a strong registry with show-ring options.

Posted Image

Rumonek Colored Arabians

In Gold We Trust RCA

#26 TrueColours

TrueColours

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 03:58 AM

Second: "It will take business away from purebred stallions"

What utter rubbish!

My clients that are looking for purebred, 100% TB's, have "0" interest in my 7/8th's or 3/4 TB foals and vice versa - the ones that want TB/WB crosses have "0" interest in my full TB babies

Thats what its all about IMO - produce what the clients want to buy and it would be nice, in your case, if the breed registry recognized this which would ultimately lead to more babies being produced, more revenues for the Registry and a broader base of owners coming INTO the Registry!

#27 buradura

buradura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:32 AM

Ahhh ...

So even if the sire and dam were both 1/2 Arabian and the foal ended up taking that 1/2 from each parent and was 1/2 Arabian in bloodlines, there are no Part Bred Arabian registry options for it?

So - even an Anglo bred to an Anglo - the foal would have no registry options open to it?

anglo bred to anglo would be considered anglo you can get them approved for breeding with Celle Francais stud book as well now if an anglo has 1 arab parent x on TB parent ( or an anglo )( it would be able to be registered as a half arabian as well as be considered anglo or considered for registration as a Celle Francais

glad i rememebred the rule correctly :)

in France Anglo Arabian is considered a breed on it's own has a national stud as well and they do allow breeding anglo to anglo, arabian to tb, arabian to anglo

http://www.thefrench...HorseBreed.html

http://www.anaa.fr/

Poles breed anglo arabians as well as appaloosas and pintos but their are more sport horse type then quarter horse like in USA
Barb Walker

#28 Rumonek

Rumonek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:54 AM

What utter rubbish!

My clients that are looking for purebred, 100% TB's, have "0" interest in my 7/8th's or 3/4 TB foals and vice versa - the ones that want TB/WB crosses have "0" interest in my full TB babies

Thats what its all about IMO - produce what the clients want to buy and it would be nice, in your case, if the breed registry recognized this which would ultimately lead to more babies being produced, more revenues for the Registry and a broader base of owners coming INTO the Registry!

So many people have tried to "make it happen"... too bad you and I aren't closer really... with our 2 brains and drives put together we could actually probably start up quite the little organization. Others have tried, but I've seen an overall lack of ambition IMO.

Posted Image

Rumonek Colored Arabians

In Gold We Trust RCA

#29 buradura

buradura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 11:13 AM

So many people have tried to "make it happen"... too bad you and I aren't closer really... with our 2 brains and drives put together we could actually probably start up quite the little organization. Others have tried, but I've seen an overall lack of ambition IMO.

i think Cahr has a part bred registry but amnot h8undred percent sure

yes they do http://www.cahr.ca/reg_ha.htm

http://www.cahr.ca/F...Rchecklist1.pdf

for half arab registry in CAHR one parent must be arabian too sux
Barb Walker

#30 Rumonek

Rumonek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:29 PM

Yep, CAHR is just like AHA unfortunately.
Thankfully, my part-bred will be registerable NSH, but I would far prefer him to be registerable through AHA to show. It is such a hassle/pain to have to go to different registries for the different horses to show. Yet another way AHA could be bringing in more revenue- by bringing in more horses/competition.

Posted Image

Rumonek Colored Arabians

In Gold We Trust RCA