Photo
- - - - -

*Bask Son

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#1 Caryn

Caryn

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 01:51 PM

Viva Le Bask is probably one of the last living *Bask sons alive. I am moving and am unable to keep this special horse. He needs a good retirement home. He is a sweetheart and easy to get along with. I used to keep him with my yearling colt. He was a great baby-sitter. please e-mail me at levittac@verizon.net

#2 D Taylor

D Taylor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,123 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 02:26 PM

Welcome to the forum. It would be great if you could give his location (at least general) of this special man.

#3 Caryn

Caryn

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 02:50 PM

He is located in Riverside County, Southern California

#4 fyreflii7

fyreflii7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:00 PM

Neat pedigree! Best of luck placing him. Do you have any photos? Would love to see what he looks like.

For those without DataSource, I'll summarize because copy/paste loses formatting.

VIVA LE BASK - AHR#206639

Foal Date: 27 Jan 1980
Color: Bay
Sire: *BASK
Dam: *WIELICZKA
Dam's Sire: CELEBES

143 Registered Progeny, last foal in 2005

Shown three times in 1991 and 1992 in Stallion Breeding, English Pleasure and Country English Pleasure.

Breeder: WALKER-IHNOTIC
Owners: JOHN J IHNOTIC 01-January-1983
WALKER-IHNOTIC 27-January-1980

Markings: Star, Left High Partial Sock

Pedigree: http://www.allbreedp...m/viva+le+bask2

Ashley Bibby

www . Jolissaint Arabians . com

JHB Debutante (Promotion x Chimichinga/Wisdom)
Westover Brandie (*Al Banat x Westover Daisy/Gdansk+)
Trinnity (Triften+/ x SWF Noble Portrait/MHR Nobility)
Just Dance JS (Nobilistic BF x JHB Debutante)
Divinity JS (Nobilistic BF x MSA Afires Jewel)
Ballerina JS (Erykk MF x Westover Brandie)

#5 Ambar

Ambar

System Janitor

• Moderators
  • 514 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:30 PM

I owned a daughter of his, Viva La Paloma, through the Arabian Horse Rescue Network. She was a sweet-natured mare, and very nimble under saddle.

"Each of us, no doubt, at one time or another has owned the best horse that ever looked through a bridle. I once owned a better one. Without taking time to prove it, I will simply admit it." -- Albert W Harris, "The Arabian Horse," The Horse, July-August 1944.

Ambar Arabians: http://ambararabians.com/

Member of International Arabians in Sport Association and California-Nevada Arabian Sport Horse Association

#6 LaurieB

LaurieB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 01:05 PM

Wow, I remember him when John Ihnotic would lead him out, with a regular halter and lead, to visit his mares in the paddock. He would visit and tease and breed just like that, within a group. So well mannered and sweet. He is a big, bay, strong stallion. One of the tallest and most substantial Bask sons I remember seeing. Out of a Celebes daughter, he was very nicely put together!
A friend of mine owned a son, Viva Laredo, a beautiful bay with a gorgeous neck, head and super nice conformation.
I sure wish I could help you, I know it must be hard. Will spread the word and keep fingers crossed...
best of luck,
Laurie

......website is getting an update, check back in a day or two!.....
Original Horse Sculpture and Jewelry

Standing TR Prophecy, Straight Russian Stallion

#7 Caryn

Caryn

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 01:26 PM

Yes, John Ihnotic is my father. Viva is a sweetheart and very easy to get along with. I lead him with a piece of hay twine around his neck, if I don't have a halter handy. I have even had him with my yearling colt, and he was a great baby-sitter. I was planning on keeping Viva and his daughter, through their retirement. You might remember his daughter, Viva La Amour. She was shown all over by Steve Heathcott when he was just starting out. Anyway, the economy has really hit our business and we are having to downsize and need to re-home both. It is heart breaking for us since my dad bred these horses. Any leads for a good home would be appreciated for these special horses.

#8 Lacinda

Lacinda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,723 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 01:41 PM

We have a daughter on our ranch :) Owned by Sherman, our boarder. I wish him well, I remember him back in the day. I will see if I hear of anyone, how old is he now? I guess I can check data source :) Gotta be up there!
Signature being edited, too large.

#9 Kailicia'sGirl

Kailicia'sGirl

PGN Kailicia( Kaiyoum x PGN Solataire)

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:18 PM

do you have any pictures?

Penny Lane Arabians
Stallions: U.S & CDN Res. National Champion Futurity Colt, Sol Debut (x Solstice) and Fazio (Eden C x Swanah). 

The Mares: Lady Versace (Versace), PGN Kailicia (Kaiyoum++), Swanah (Versace), FS Betty Grable (Padrons Psyche), Flames Rhapsody (Bask Flame), PGN Show NTell+ (Showkayce+), Showanna (Showkayce+), Star Of The Sshow (Showkayce+ x PGN Kailicia), Ezalia (Eden C x PGN Kailicia), Ellie Mae PF (Eden C), Sol Contessa (Sol Debut x FS Betty Grable), and My Queen - National Champion Baskskokhette+ (SV Basksko).

#10 Mason Arabians

Mason Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:43 PM

i also would love to see pics of this boy-- as we have here--- his 1/2 brother-- DH Dallas - Bask X Borrneyna sired by Naborr -he is 32 yrs old -i hope you find a great home for this well bred treasure-!