Photo

PA Junior Amateur Games Show

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 Steery

Steery

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:27 AM

Entries are still be accepted for the Games show without post entry fees (must be received by June 28th). The show is in a new location this year: Centre Hall Co Grange Fairgrounds, outside of State College, PA. Main Ring judge = Steve Dady. Dressage and sport horse judge = Elsie Kellerman.

If you are not familiar with the Games, it is one of the few shows in the country for amateurs and juniors only. In addition to a full slate of classes, dressage trainer Pam Thompson is providing individual clinics plus trainer and judge Christi Scott is instructing clinics for all main ring disciplines. Plus, we like to have a good time.

Info can be found at http://region15.com/. Games is also a last chance qualifier for Region 15, Youth Nationals, and East Coast Championships.

#2 Roze

Roze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 12:54 PM

I can attest that this is a wonderful show and it should be even better at its new locaiton!!

Roze Arabians Ltd.
Straight Egyptians, Straight Performance

Amer Azhaar
(Laheeb Al Nasser x Dorian Binthadidi)
2011 Straight Egyptian Stallion

Nile Roze+
(Ansata Nile Bay x LM Bint Fakher)
2001 Straight Egyptian Mare

Aroze to Nobility
(Aspecial Ali x Noble Karama)
2005 Straight Egyptian Gelding

Escapade SHF
(Scapa x The Aurora)
2009 Straight Egyptian Gelding

Mehdi Amir RZ
(Masada Mazal x Nile Roze+)
2013 Straight Egyptian Colt

www.RozeArabians.com

#3 spike25

spike25

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:07 PM

This is a wonderful show and I highly recommend it! Lots of fun and the grange Fairgrounds are really nice.
Beth Thomas
Stone Hollow Sport Horses
Home of National, Regional and Class A Working hunters and sport horses!

#4 Roze

Roze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:51 PM

I went to the Arab Games this past Saturday just to show in dressage. The grounds are a HUGE improvement from the previous facility. The indoor is under construction and will be a great addition. The grounds are laid out well and the rings and stalls are close together making it easy to get around. Entries were light as they have been at many shows this year, but hopefuly the word will get out about the new facilities. Show management was great as usual. No complaints and I'll gladly go back if my schedule will allow. Please keep the Games in mind for next year :)

Roze Arabians Ltd.

Amer Azhaar

Nile Roze+

Aroze to Nobility

Escapade SHF
(Scapa x The Aurora)

Mehdi Amir RZ

www.RozeArabians.com

#5 Steery

Steery

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:06 AM

Thanks for shout out, Angela!

We were equally impressed with the grounds and especially the grounds crew. They were very accomodating and friendly. My biggest concern with the new indoor was that facility will price it out of our reach, but after a discussion with management, they assured me it they are flexible with pricing and use. Games has found a new home.

Cricket

#6 Steery

Steery

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:46 AM

The 2012 Games show is a month away! The show is returning to the Fairgrounds; everyone was very pleased with the place. This year the main ring judge is Debbie Thomas (CT) and the dressage and sport horse judge is DeDe Bierbrauer (MD). Joining us as clinicians are Sara Duclos (dressage), Jody Gray (main ring), Randy Stoneback (sport horse), and Lizann Barlett (beginners and showmanship).

Join us for a day of clinics, followed by a schooling show, and then a USEF/AHA/USDF recognized show. June 29-July1, Centre Hall, PA. For more info: http://pennsylvaniaa...eventsshows.htm

My mare will be making her performance debut (hopefully!) in Intro A & B and Walk-trot AATR!

#7 Roze

Roze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:22 AM

I just made my hotel reservations :) Looking forward to spending the weekend at the show and showing Roze a bit in HP for fun.

I can say that I train with Sarah (dressage clinician) on a regular basis and everyone will enjoy her.

Roze Arabians Ltd.

Amer Azhaar

Nile Roze+

Aroze to Nobility

Escapade SHF
(Scapa x The Aurora)

Mehdi Amir RZ

www.RozeArabians.com

#8 Steery

Steery

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:57 AM

I'm getting a clinic with Sara. Cant wait.

#9 Vintage

Vintage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:34 PM

Oh I want to try and come even if I can't find a way to drag my horse's butt there! Looks like fun and very informative.
Equine partner:

EA Legacy of Bardonna (Hiba)- 10yr old pb Bay gelding

#10 Steery

Steery

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:08 AM

Oh I want to try and come even if I can't find a way to drag my horse's butt there! Looks like fun and very informative.

Well, I sure hope you can make it! We always try to make it fun while still trying to learn a few new things.