Photo
- - - - -

PM Backfire

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
53 replies to this topic

#11 PaulaM

PaulaM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,853 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 08:36 AM

Well people , with all your help hopefully, they will find homes. In all truth, winter comes, I cannot afford to feed the whole crew by us and will not let them get into a spot of starvation either. So the bset I can do at this piont is try get them a home before the worst decision (actually second - creating them to begin with) of my life will come. I will have no other choice really. They will be kindly put to sleep. Then you can find my email address in the mental instatution.

#12 horsepooralso

horsepooralso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,225 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 08:50 AM

Well people , with all your help hopefully, they will find homes. In all truth, winter comes, I cannot afford to feed the whole crew by us and will not let them get into a spot of starvation either. So the bset I can do at this piont is try get them a home before the worst decision (actually second - creating them to begin with) of my life will come. I will have no other choice really. They will be kindly put to sleep. Then you can find my email address in the mental instatution.

No need to go there.If I were local I would take one off your hands but California is too far.The grey looks like an Andalusian cross if you ask me.Full body,nice shoulder and oh the gorgeous hair on that boy!
I am sure you will find homes!
Your black stallion sounds wonderful,you should post his photos!
Sheryl Payne

Posted Image

#13 BountyHunter

BountyHunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:00 AM

Paula I'm so sorry.....but I so admire you for doing right by your horses.

#14 Lacinda

Lacinda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,723 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:03 AM

Paula, trying to see your website but can't, do you have a new link? Thanks...I am envious of your manes, come help me do mine like that!!
Signature being edited, too large.

#15 PaulaM

PaulaM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,853 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:42 AM

Lacinda - Its gone bye bye. It was a waste of time really. With that thought I say that due to AT & T and thier people (whatever language they were speaking) to deal with. Now maybe with new computer, will get something up. We also will try for some better photos since all the other ones went died (?) with old computer.
I do have a video to send out for anyone interested in the filly. Taken a few weeks ago, still some winter hair on her. Also going to try play and get a photo off the video to put up. Hopefull thinking here. lol Also, everyone remember, these are home photos and videos. But they show the horses in true form.
One thing about all these foals out of MS Kora, they all have the longest, cleanest necks I have yet seen. No sweating on them and if you put a sweat on them, it falls down. lol I breed and bought my mares with spacific requirements in mind. I insist on nice long, clean throats and necks. I also like large eyes. She gave it all to me on her foals. As a past rider, I do look at life after halter. What I personally have learned, it takes a nice clean throat and neck to bend right and also let them breath.
The Solstice colt, at this point, has lots of leg action and a neck that he carries straight up. I say he is diffent enlgish candidate. But I also can see dressage in him too.
If any interest, really email and will go into detail more on emails.
Gees, I don't think I ever talked so much about my horses then this! lol

#16 Cassiosum Acres Arabians

Cassiosum Acres Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,658 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:51 AM

Paula i know you have wanted to find these boys some good homes for several years now so iam glad you have gotten around to it
You should post them on facebook as well to get maximum exposure. Speaking of facebook i sent you a friend request some time ago but i dont think you ever rec'd it? Anyhow no problem but i would be happy to help if i could. They would make GREAT geldings and i can pass the word along. Michigan isnt too far from here
Cassiosum Acres Arabians & Tack
Ask about our monthly sales and specials and check me out on Facebook too
RIP to my heart and soul SUMMETICIAN May 30 1993 - January 6th 2012. Mom loves you always and we will meet again

#17 Gogetter

Gogetter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:43 PM

Yes, do put them on facebook. Also, any pics of the Solstice colt? I've always liked Solstice get. Your best bet might be to wait for them to shed then turn them out in an arena if possible and get video. I'm one of those crazy ones who prefers an unedited non-slomo video (as do many others, I'm sure) so don't worry too much about a professional video. Just try to get it on level ground--I like a homemade video, but a pet peeve is if it's on a hill or slant. :0 Kinda hard to assess movement from THAT!

This market is SO depressing. The only benefit to me might be that if I can EVER get mine sold, I might actually be able to afford a well-bred, super-talented english prospect :D

Amy Johnson Proud owner of Carangi+/ (Versace X Giavanna)

2013 Region 2 UNANIMOUS Champ PB Hunter Pl AAOTR; Region 1 Champ PB Hunter Pl AAOTR; Youth National Top Ten PB Hunter Pleasure JTR 14-18
2012 U.S. National Top Ten PB Hunter Pleasure AAOTR 36-54; Region 2 Champ Hunter Pl. AATR 40+ and Hunter Pl. Open, Res Champ PB Hunter Pl. AAOTR; Region 1 Champion PB Hunter Pleasure AAOTR 40 and over, Reserve Champion PB Hunter Pleasure AATR 40 and over 2011 U.S. National Top Ten (third!) PB Hunter Pleasure AAOTR 36-54, Region 1 Champ PB Hunter AAOTR 40 and Over, Region 2 Reserve Champ PB Hunter AATR

#18 zmokey

zmokey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:48 AM

Dear PaulM,

Last night, I dreamt that I was able to swing the costs enlarging my shedrow, hay storage, transportation costs involved with 2,000 + miles and so forth ,,, before applying for Backfire's ownership. ..... and than I woke up. It was a nice dream while it lasted. Ya know, reality is a bummer, especiallly these days.

Beautiful animal!!! Loved your description of Backfire's temperment.

Best of luck securing homes for your colt and stallions.

Kay
North Carolina

PS - If I had the money, I'd be one of those waiting in line. Honest.

#19 PaulaM

PaulaM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,853 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 07:29 AM

Sue, somehow someway, I did except your friendship and will try do it again. Computers egh!
Everyone has shed out so nicley now by us. Got one of the most awesome videos of Backfire. My learning experience with this video camera is almost a hoot. I do them in segements for I have to stop and figure out the buttons again. This colt is going to blow people away. I have interest in him and with that, it also has taken me by surprise for now most want to keep him a stallion. Again, nothing set in stone tho.
Now for the dreamland here. Keep dreaming - dreams do come true.
Yes, I am going to get up lots of videos now that I see how easy it is to down load them to new computer. Now I have to just figure out how to get them on here or even facebook. Got to be better then this tihing at work here, takes forever to even do anything!
Going to take more of the filly.
Solstice colt also. Then if interested you can follow up.

#20 PaulaM

PaulaM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,853 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:58 AM

sold-sold-sold - notice - sold