Photo

Lallegra?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 Zoe

Zoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 10:23 PM

Posted Image

This guy really caught my eye. He is the epitome of "wow" IMO. Does anyone have any information on him? Know of any horses that have him in their pedigree and share his looks? I would LOVE to see more photos.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"  Evil triumphs only when good men do nothing . . .  "

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#2 Arlene Magid

Arlene Magid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,652 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:12 AM

Lallegra is a mare. She was US National Champion Mare in 1959. She died in 1965 from injuries sustained as the result of a fight with another mare in pasture. She produced 4 foals, all colts. Her son Cedardell Heritage was a U.S. Top Ten Stallion and a National winner sire. His full brother Cedardell Kismet was a U.S. Top Ten Gelding but before being gelded sired one foal, the U.S. Top Ten Gelding Cedardell Zzyxz. A third full brother, Super X, sired National winners in cutting and Half-Arabian halter. Lallegra blood is not common now and it's a real shame.

Posted Image

#3 Zoe

Zoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:31 AM

Lallegra is a mare. She was US National Champion Mare in 1959. She died in 1965 from injuries sustained as the result of a fight with another mare in pasture. She produced 4 foals, all colts. Her son Cedardell Heritage was a U.S. Top Ten Stallion and a National winner sire. His full brother Cedardell Kismet was a U.S. Top Ten Gelding but before being gelded sired one foal, the U.S. Top Ten Gelding Cedardell Zzyxz. A third full brother, Super X, sired National winners in cutting and Half-Arabian halter. Lallegra blood is not common now and it's a real shame.

Oh, my mistake! I just saw the photo on All Breed Pedigree and assumed stallion. I would love to get my fingers on a horse with her in their lines, or bred like her offspring. She is one gorgeous horse.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#4 larapintavian

larapintavian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:39 PM

Somewhere I have a snapshot I took of Lallegra with Cedardell Heritage at her side. He was 5 days old. Also have very old 8mm movie film taken that same day at Cedardell that includes them, Synbad, Imarfa, and numerous other Cedardell champions with Red Beyer handling them. Someday I'll have to get it put on CD.
Sharon
Larapinta Sport Horses
Emphasis on Arab Eventers
http://www.larapintasporthorses.com

#5 Zoe

Zoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 07:00 PM

Somewhere I have a snapshot I took of Lallegra with Cedardell Heritage at her side. He was 5 days old. Also have very old 8mm movie film taken that same day at Cedardell that includes them, Synbad, Imarfa, and numerous other Cedardell champions with Red Beyer handling them. Someday I'll have to get it put on CD.

Oh, you must!! I would pay you or do some graphic design for you to have a copy.

#6 missouripassage

missouripassage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:41 PM

Here's a pic of her & her relatives: http://cedardellarab...oTheFuture.html

#7 backyardbred

backyardbred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:00 AM

Say what??? Of course you do know that the Cedardell Farm is still in existance huh? They are still
competing and winning on the National level to in Cutting and Reinning classes.....
Not in mere halter classes for them though...Pish - posh! No!
These horses are both beautiful and have SKILLS!
I too am a great admirer of these bloodlines...I Googled Cedardell Farms which have
outstanding bloodlines numerous horses...I believe (with out checking) the ranch is about
1000 acres in size...plenty big.
This is their website....
http://www.cedardellarabians.com/
Now take the time to read the article and view the magnificent photos and there are a ton of them!
http://cedardellarab...oTheFuture.html
If they wanted to cut loose they could tear up the American show scene as we know it.In my honest opinion.
The next time I am in Missouri this is a must to place to visit....

#8 Ambar

Ambar

System Janitor

• Moderators
  • 514 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:12 AM

Posted Image

This guy really caught my eye. He is the epitome of "wow" IMO. Does anyone have any information on him? Know of any horses that have him in their pedigree and share his looks? I would LOVE to see more photos.

The thread is titled "Lallegra", but this photo is Ambassador (Tsali x Imafara).

"Each of us, no doubt, at one time or another has owned the best horse that ever looked through a bridle. I once owned a better one. Without taking time to prove it, I will simply admit it." -- Albert W Harris, "The Arabian Horse," The Horse, July-August 1944.

Ambar Arabians: http://ambararabians.com/

Member of International Arabians in Sport Association and California-Nevada Arabian Sport Horse Association

#9 Peter Mileo

Peter Mileo

City Slicker Ranch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:25 AM

Say what??? Of course you do know that the Cedardell Farm is still in existance huh? They are still
competing and winning on the National level to in Cutting and Reinning classes.....
Not in mere halter classes for them though...Pish - posh! No!
These horses are both beautiful and have SKILLS!
I too am a great admirer of these bloodlines...I Googled Cedardell Farms which have
outstanding bloodlines numerous horses...I believe (with out checking) the ranch is about
1000 acres in size...plenty big.
This is their website....
http://www.cedardellarabians.com/
Now take the time to read the article and view the magnificent photos and there are a ton of them!
http://cedardellarab...oTheFuture.html
If they wanted to cut loose they could tear up the American show scene as we know it.In my honest opinion.
The next time I am in Missouri this is a must to place to visit....

Please let us know if you go by there. I have tried emailing Cedardell and never got a response.

Regards,
Peter

City Slicker Ranch, Home of Magic Aulrab, 1993 Chestnut Stallion SCID and CA Clear and Constantene, 2006 Pure Polish Grey Arabian Stallion SCID Clear, CA Carrier, LFS Clear and Homozygous for Grey