Photo
- - - - -

AHAM Dressage Clinic with Betty Horst

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 krissylekrix2001

krissylekrix2001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 07:21 PM

I want to go to the AHAM SH and Dressage Clinic in April this year. The instructor is Betty Horst. I was just wondering if anyone has ever heard of her and can give me some feedback. Or if you have attended these clinics in the past, let's hear about it! Thanks!

#2 elitearab

elitearab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 08:41 PM

Betty is a nice, knowledgeable lady who is successful training and showing arabians in dressage. I know a few of her students and they do very well. Have fun at the clinic :)
www.elitearabians.com

Come visit us to see the farm and horses for sale. We are selling the farm and disbursing all but a few of our horses. Prices are super low and all offers will be considered. A good home more important than price!

#3 lvt

lvt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 03:44 PM

Betty is a total dynamo - proof that good things come in small packages. I thought about taking Shane to her years ago, but decided to stick with the MR hunter program instead. I know several ammies of hers and they all adore her. As far as knowledge - well, just look at what her horses have done - prime examples Koraladdinn and Barons Cadenza.
Linda and Shane (retired july 2006)
Tukes Shenanigans+ [Yahya Matuk x OK Aquarius by El Raffon]

Loved by All ..... Owned by ME

2006 & 2005 Region 13: Reserve Champion Sport Horse Under Saddle
2005 Region 14: Top Five Sport Horse Under Saddle
2004 Region 13: Top Five Sport Horse Under Saddle
2002 Region 13: Top Five Sport Horse Geldings In-Hand
2000 Region 13: Top Five Hunter Pleasure Open
1997 Region 13 & 18: Reserve Champion Hunter Pleasure Junior Horse
1996 Region 18: Champion Hunter Pleasure Junior Horse
1994 Region 13: Champion 2 Year Old Gelding Sweepstakes
1994 Ohio Buckeye: Reserve Champion Junior Gelding Halter
1992 born at 2 am St. Patrick's Day

#4 krissylekrix2001

krissylekrix2001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 08:09 PM

Thanks for the input! I guess I haven't been on the Arab scene enough to have heard about her or her horses. I think I will be attending based on what you guys have to say. :) I think the most important thing is that I walk away with my self confidence intact--I have taken lessons where when I am done, I feel stupid and like I don't know how to ride or train. To me that is wrong. I should be able to walk away knowing my strengths, my weaknesses, what exercises I need to do to correct them, and the confidence that I am capable of attaining the desired improvements.

#5 elitearab

elitearab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 09:34 AM

If you are looking for dressage instructors that are good and will build confidence let me know. Have fun at the clinic:)
www.elitearabians.com

Come visit us to see the farm and horses for sale. We are selling the farm and disbursing all but a few of our horses. Prices are super low and all offers will be considered. A good home more important than price!

#6 krissylekrix2001

krissylekrix2001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 01:10 PM

I am elite, and preferably ones that will come to Ray, MI or host clinics within 100 miles. ;)

#7 elitearab

elitearab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 02:18 PM

I'll send you a pm
www.elitearabians.com

#8 krissylekrix2001

krissylekrix2001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 05:44 PM

Thanks for the info Elite!

#9 elitearab

elitearab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 05:59 PM

No problem, maybe we'll see you at a couple shows this year :)
www.elitearabians.com