Photo

Message from ABN

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 WebMaster

WebMaster

ABN CEO

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,664 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 06:22 PM

Hello Everyone,

I was doing a little reflecting on ABN the last few weeks. Yes, I read the forums and facebook too. I was thinking about our vision and what we stand for here. I have thought a lot about if we have changed? Or has the success affected our thinking? Well, I truly feel we still treat everyone equal, we don't choose sides. We also believe in turning the other cheek, and allow each individual to decide how they will react to all the information on the internet.

Our vision has stayed its course. You may ask what is the vision? Simply put, "All levels of horse owners and lovers." We have always thought that small groups would not be in a strong place to create the needed impact and be able to get their information out to the mass Arabian community. So we created a place to allow people to promote and grow their interests and needs.

Our focus is "You", by this we mean, promoting your programs, selling, buying, breeding, or education. We have felt that the Arabian industry has become so small that it is not in our best interest to "focus" on just one area. I mean sport horse, main ring or any other group of interest. Yes, my passion has become sport horses in a very big way, due to my wife and daughter going head over heals into competing in Eventing and Show Jumping.

We are not in competition with anyone here. We have no desire to hold back anyone. If people come here with the intention of being part of our community we fully support them, positive feedback and creative partnerships work well. We only ask one thing in return, respect everyone. No member is more important than the other in our eyes. We have to work together and allow people to make decisions for themselves.

Positive vs. negative, do we have both here at ABN? Yes, you can not have one with out the other. Great things happen in exploring all sides of complex problems. Rescue is the most troubling topic and can become very emotional. Other problems such as poor business practices coming to the site, they are never easy. We feel people have the right to bring problems to ABN, we hope they find solutions, or are able to stop the continued practice. We have no intention of become the Internet judge and jury, but we allow (for a limited time) people the chance to vent and clear the air.

Have we seen success? Yes, we truly are the largest internet community, We hope this will offer our members large benefits. What is interesting is ABN can and will be a target for some people in this industry because we are the force in internet communications. I wish them all the success in the world. Many have received there start right here at ABN, because of the support the membership has given them. This is not a one man show! This is a group of people working together to become successful in the Arabian industry. Our track record now speaks for itself.

Going into 2011 we hope to continue supporting the equine industry, in a positive direction

Thank you for your time,

Dean Hennings

#2 ladycascabel

ladycascabel

Advanced Member

• Silver Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,837 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 06:47 PM

Dean, and all the other hard-working people who keep ABN up and running and regulated, THANK YOU for YOUR time and effort and support.
I, for one, greatly appreciate all you do to help us be a community.

Mary

Mary Logan

www.cascabelranch.com

Proud of our family of working western athletes: Arabians, Half-arabs, National Foundation Quarter Horses.
Producers of all-natural grass-fed beef.

The Arabian and Half-arab Fam:

TS Paarden Mia chestnut purebred mare
HAA Marco Rojo chestnut Classical Spanish gelding
SA Firefoxx chestnut purebred gelding
OFW Carnation bay purebred mare
Skyy RPA amber champagne HA mare
Goldenseal MSL palomino HA gelding

besttext2.jpg

#3 equinek9

equinek9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 07:33 PM

I, also, appreciate everything Dean, Heidi and all the other ABN behind-the-scenes staff do. Besides the administration, programming support, de-bugging and such associated with anything related to computers....you spend a large part of your time referee-ing all of us. I only have inadequate words to express what this site means to me. To have a place to go, where as I as a "newbie" to things breeding related...to be able to ask questions, get advice, breeding/pedigree research, have access to "big time" breeders and for them to so generously give me direction and suggestions, to vent about things (whether horse related or not)...well, I can only say "THANK YOU", and hope that is enough. Julie
There are no roadblocks if I go the extra mile

#4 SunStar

SunStar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 07:41 PM

Dean, all of you at ABN are wonderful! It takes alot to keep these sites up and running without issues, and to keep topics monitored. You do an excellent job of allowing things to progress without letting stuff get out of hand, and without censoring every topic that could be controversial. ABN is a wonderful resource for all of us, both young and old, new to the Arabian horse industry or not, for learning more about all of the different breeding programs and issues related to the Arabian horse.

We thank you for your help and enthusiasm in getting new sites started successfully, and are enjoying the banner ad and support from ABN members for our new classifieds site.

Thank you for our favorite forum, and we hope ABN and all of its staff and members enjoy a successful 2011!!
SunStar Arabians

Home of: Wings of Gold (Burgundy Sun x BGM Sabrina) - 100% Phara Heritage Stallion - Shizanas Legacy K (The Midnight Sun x Shizana Bolsoya) - 50% Phara Heritage Mare

#5 darkangel

darkangel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 07:53 PM

I agree, thank you Dean, i have learnt so much from ABN, i would be lost without it :)
"All things that live have parallel, save one:
The Arabian Horse, he alone has none!"

Posted Image

#6 wisco

wisco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 08:01 PM

Thanks Dean and the rest of the ABN staff! This from some one who almost never posts on here but spends much time reading and learning from the great members of Arabian Breeders Network. I am not new to Arabian Horses having got my first Arabian when I was 8 and having had them ever since (some almost 50 years). Thank You again for a great site and hope the best for all in 2011.

#7 starlitefarms

starlitefarms

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,762 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:32 AM

i love abn. simple. you do a wonderfull job giving people a place to go share, enjoy and discuss things. sometimes they are good , sometimes they are bad. my theory on topics is if you dont like what is being said either voice your opinion or just walk away. people have to deal with life and other peoples problems all the time. sometimes getting anouther opinion in the mix can change the way its going. you all do a wonderfull job. keep up the good work

Home of :

Kharizma SFA ( Da Valentino x Kha-sarra) 01 Bay stallion SCIDS/CA/LFS CLEAR

Kha-sarra ( Khadraj NA x Basarra VV) 97 bay mare

Miss Fire SFA ( Hopes Afire x Chopinna Regina) 04 bay HA mare 

#8 Arabians Destiny

Arabians Destiny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 06:13 AM

ABN is certainly a positive for the Arabian horse world. I am thankful to have it as a means to obtain advice, offer items for sale, or the many other ways that ABN effects my life in a positive way. Thanks to all involved.

Donna G.
Arabians Destiny
Farmville, VA

#9 SWells

SWells

Sapphire Farms

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,389 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 06:15 AM

What would we all do without ABN? Seriously, this is part of our social life. Many of us are just too busy with life, work, horses, family to really get out there and socialize. This is our lifeline to others who have the same addiction that we do!

Look at all the things we share here that many of do not share elsewhere. It's more than a place to just sell (although that's is all that many come here for) it's a place to show off your passion, your equine kids, your struggles. I am glad ABN is here...

Sue Wells
Sapphire Farms

Posted Image

Visit us on the web!

#10 morasgirl

morasgirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,820 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 07:21 AM

Well said Dean!

Home of

Zakamora (May 5, 1985-Jan 11, 2011) (Finzak x Metamorphosis), Katia (Padrons Dejonare x Zakamora)

Ipanema (Caribbean Baie (Monogramm X Shah Maali) x Eykis, Ariel (Homestead Werborr x Staryforr)
ZLA Yesca (
*Respingo x SZED Payadora by *SZED Jador)