Photo
- - - - -

What Class A Arab Shows Have Dressage?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#11 OhTina

OhTina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:41 AM

Thanks everyone for the tips and links. Some great shows and most are not too far away. Hope to see some of you at them next year!
Tina K.

Proud owner of Sky Night Psyght - we're both doing dressage for the first time and loving it.

A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence. ~Pam Brown

#12 Chelsea

Chelsea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:58 PM

Region 11 has several great shows with dressage - Missouri All Arabian in March, Illinois/ARAB, Inc. in June (last I knew the LARGEST non-National dressage/sport horse Arabian show in the US), and ABU in Springfield. The Region 11 Championships directly follow the ARAB, Inc. show at the same facility. We just bring in different judges :) All are GREAT shows with GREAT competition if you're willing to travel more.

Chelsea

2014 Canadian National Top Ten AAOTR & AATR, 2014 Canadian National Top Ten SHIH ATH, 2013 Regional Champion PA Layla++

2013 Canadian National Top Ten AAOTR & AATR, 2012 Canadian National Top Ten AAOTR, 2010 US National Top Ten AAOTR WOA Matador+/

2013 Canadian National Champion, 2013 US National Top Ten, 2012 Canadian National Top Ten, 2011 Canadian National Champion in Halter, 2013 NSH Finals Champion Hunter Pl. Jr. Horse A Major Hottie AA+

#13 Equi

Equi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:56 AM

I am in northern Ohio, and the only show that's even kind of close is the OHAHA show in the spring. That is my biggest peeve about the AHA. I only show dressage and SHUS, and don't get much for the membership $$. I usually go to the open dressage shows in my area, and end up paying even more for those classes to count.
Had my membership lapse for a few years, but have to bite the bullet this season, to go to SHN in September.

I think you are better off in southern Ohio. Like suggested, check the USDF competition calender for your dressage region (2?), and look for the shows restricted to Arabians.