Photo

Dona Bellinger, Owner of Eden C

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1427 replies to this topic

#1 Arlene Magid

Arlene Magid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 07:00 AM

News story:

http://www.deltacoun...fork&Itemid=345

Spirit Wind Rescue page-note they have a Paypal link at the bottom for your donations:

http://www.spiritwin...m/Home_Page.php

Eden C is, to the best of my knowledge, still on lease to a breeder in the Middle East.

Posted Image

#2 krissylekrix2001

krissylekrix2001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 07:18 AM

OMG just WHAT is wrong with people?!?! Thank you Arlene, hopefully people will stop supporting irresponsible breeders like this.

Here is the short of it:
The owner at a horse farm outside of Paonia had contacted Spirit Wind Horse Rescue to take 23 horses that could no longer be properly cared for. After 14 horses were removed and placed at foster homes, the owner would not allow the remaining nine to leave including this horse. Spirit Wind is hopeful the owner will have a change of heart and allow the other horses to be taken for adoption. It is estimated around 30 to 35 horses remain in the large herd

“She had a horse dead in her pasture. We weren’t able to determine the cause of death. There was speculation on how it died, but there was no autopsy done.”

#3 BountyHunter

BountyHunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 07:28 AM

Will it ever end? Sigh. :(

#4 Showbizfarm

Showbizfarm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 08:38 AM

SHOCKED!!!!

This is a prime example of what I've been saying over and over again on this board, if one does not have the financials, care and game plan for the offspring and are not prepared to keep the offspring if sales hit rock bottom then dont' &*^&%%* breed!!!!! PERIOD!!!!

....and DON'T hoard horses.......that is a sickness!!

This makes me very angry!!!

I hope all the horses find good homes. God Bless the rescue.

:angry2: :36_1_29:

*Virag -Hungarian WB/RPSI Main Mare Book I--Premium Mare
Countess Of Piaff - (*Piaff x *Virag) 5/2/07-6/4/11 :(. RPSI Premium Filly

ConTeLaPiaffe -2013 (*Piaff x *Virag) RPSI Premium Filly

#5 Dreamcatcher

Dreamcatcher

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,626 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 08:39 AM

There, but for the Grace of God, goes every horse owner without unlimited finances who ever tried to keep up with showing an exceptional horse to reach his potential, chase the National Championship title, and just couldn't keep their head on straight when it came to realistically looking at expenses.

Not defending her by any means, but I can so easily see how this happened. It's a graphic warning to those of us who chase the dream on a shoestring budget.

Pat Lowe

#6 ladycascabel

ladycascabel

Advanced Member

• Silver Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,838 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 08:44 AM

I can't easily see how this happened unless the person responsible for the horses' care was mentally ill to start with.
I've known plenty of people who "chased the dream" on a shoestring budget and did NOT allow their other horses to become emaciated.

This kind of behavior has been seen time and time again from people who regard horses as no more than a way to advance their status in society.

Mary

Mary Logan

www.cascabelranch.com

Proud of our family of working western athletes: Arabians, Half-arabs, National Foundation Quarter Horses.
Producers of all-natural grass-fed beef.

The Arabian and Half-arab Fam:

TS Paarden Mia chestnut purebred mare
HAA Marco Rojo chestnut Classical Spanish gelding
SA Firefoxx chestnut purebred gelding
OFW Carnation bay purebred mare
Skyy RPA amber champagne HA mare
Goldenseal MSL palomino HA gelding

besttext2.jpg

#7 aramar

aramar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 08:44 AM

I totaly agree. Also when someone offers a big price for that "one in a Million" horse. Sell it! That money will buy alot of hay for those poor guys left at home. I've seen this one time too many.

#8 spiritthyme

spiritthyme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,794 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 08:47 AM

Wow ( picks jaw up off floor ) don't know what to say.... so sad :(

Spirit Thyme ( Pryme Thyme X Kendrid Spirit YW ) 2003 Gelding

Topez ( *Pesniar X DW Baskala by *Bask ) 1983 Stallion

Jamaalah Spirit HT ( Spirit Thyme X Halima El Jamaal by *Dakar El Jamaal ) 2013 filly

#9 Showbizfarm

Showbizfarm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 08:49 AM

I totaly agree. Also when someone offers a big price for that "one in a Million" horse. Sell it! That money will buy alot of hay for those poor guys left at home. I've seen this one time too many.

AMEN!!!!

*Virag -Hungarian WB/RPSI Main Mare Book I--Premium Mare
Countess Of Piaff - (*Piaff x *Virag) 5/2/07-6/4/11 :(. RPSI Premium Filly

ConTeLaPiaffe -2013 (*Piaff x *Virag) RPSI Premium Filly

#10 spiritthyme

spiritthyme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,794 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 08:53 AM

I can't easily see how this happened unless the person responsible for the horses' care was mentally ill to start with.
I've known plenty of people who "chased the dream" on a shoestring budget and did NOT allow their other horses to become emaciated.

This kind of behavior has been seen time and time again from people who regard horses as no more than a way to advance their status in society.

Mary

I've been "chasing the Dream" for a few years, I gave away several horses ( to WONDERFUL Homes ) this year so that I can afford the dream...I have a question... if she has Eden C on lease, isn't she getting $ from it ???

Spirit Thyme ( Pryme Thyme X Kendrid Spirit YW ) 2003 Gelding

Topez ( *Pesniar X DW Baskala by *Bask ) 1983 Stallion

Jamaalah Spirit HT ( Spirit Thyme X Halima El Jamaal by *Dakar El Jamaal ) 2013 filly