Photo

TA TIREN

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 forevertiki

forevertiki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 12:56 PM

- any horse making it through this 100 mile ride is special, congrats to his connections posting on this forum!

#2 Rumpelstilzkin

Rumpelstilzkin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 02:21 PM

- any horse making it through this 100 mile ride is special, congrats to his connections posting on this forum!

Thank you so very much for your Congratulations, more appreciated than you ever know!

Ta Tiran has come a very long way.
He was orphaned at 2 months old, never was accepted by any other horse after that,
had Rhoducoccus so bad that the vets had given up on him and stopped treating him.

He was a VERY un-happy stallion and I had to bite the bullet and had him gelded - after it was clear that my big plans as a stallion were not wise.

I am very happy that he ended up with a couple that adores him and that he loves his new 'profession'.

Thank you again,

Christine.

#3 Slide

Slide

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:19 PM

CONGRATS!!!

#4 HighPockets

HighPockets

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:44 PM

:bigemo_harabe_net-117:

congrats to all
Posted Image

#5 Billie940

Billie940

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,770 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:36 AM

Wonderful!!! Nice to hear that local kids go big!!!

Congratulations to all!

Posted Image

Posted Image

If at first you don't succeed skydiving is not for you

#6 mrs epson

mrs epson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,020 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:41 AM

Awesome news! Congrats, what an accomplishment!
www.unfetteredarabians.com

"My hubby is one sexy man!" hahahahah very funny Rick!

#7 Biscuit

Biscuit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:53 AM

That's just wonderful!
Lynn
Lynn Coleman

Proud Mama of:
Rare Essence RIP sweet girl - Feb 22, 1983-Dec 10, 2010
Calli Bey
Tunders Royalty RIP my gentleman - May 18, 1986-Nov 13, 2010
Biscuit
Bint Garzaa
Koko Tchanel
Katz Lunar Eclipse

Posted Image

#8 Integrity Arabians

Integrity Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 09:34 AM

That is cool, my sister on her Appy only got to mile 45, they got pulled due to being over time. She's hoping to try again next year. Wasn't expecting the start to be so hard.

Michelle
Om El Faria 1996 Bay Arabian Mare
(Sanadik El Shaklan X Bint Bint Faaris) - FOR SALE or LEASE

Goodale Entertainment - Video Editing, Motion Graphics, & Photography

#9 Debbie P

Debbie P

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 04:36 PM

That is cool, my sister on her Appy only got to mile 45, they got pulled due to being over time. She's hoping to try again next year. Wasn't expecting the start to be so hard.

I think I rode a few miles with your sister after Red Star. I was towards the back of the pack all day but did finish on my Arab cross with 28 mins to spare. Getting through the high country and still having a sound horse was half the battle! During and right after I swore I'd never do it again as it is one intense ride, especially if you are a flatlander and it doesn't get much flatter than Florida. But now a week later, I am understanding the draw and allure of the whole event and how it calls to some repeatedly so that they do it year after year. If I lived closer than 3000 miles, I would likely find myself in that group of repeat riders. It is truly an experience and I am so much in awe of my horse, an impulse buy at an auction who has repaid me in so many ways. While I'll likely never know what his background is nor his breeding, it is obvious he is all heart and try, something I would never have attributed to him but he sure proved me wrong.

#10 forevertiki

forevertiki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 01:08 PM

to Debby -off the TA Tiren subject but your post caught my eye. Lost to us in FL. many years ago was a 14.1hh gray purebred gelding. Have wondered what happened to him all this time,he was sold off the track, minus his reg. papers.He was a fireball,making it likely he may have wound up with an endurance rider.Good bone,very typey, he would have a tatto on his upper lip.