Photo

What are you ladies wearing when you show?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#21 P8N Acres Arabians

P8N Acres Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:15 AM

I dont know if you have a Sears or a JC Pennies but if you do. Go to one of them then hit the Sales racks I have found some really nice suits ( regular $75.00-99.00) for $35.00 and up! This year I am looking for all Black and maybe a colored top underneath or white. I want to look presentable but want eyes on my horse rather then myself! I have 3 different colored horses to show and black will go with all of them. Hope this helps.
"Where there is a great Love, there are always miracles."

P8N Acres Arabians
Home of Wizare ( Prince Rex x Lady Minstril ) SE, AK , Asil Grey Stallion SHN Payback Stallion, EVA Negative .SCID Clear
TSEA Sharaf Magick ( Tsea Magick x Bint shabbarah ) SE , AK, Asil, Bluelist-Eligible Black Stallion, SHN Payback Stallion, EVA Negative
RAVENWOOD QAHTAHHN ( Qahtahn x Ravenwood Bahiya ) SE, AK, Asil Black Stallion(Full Brother Sold to BAHRAIN )
JJ Diamond Chall ( Magnum Chall HVP x JJ Magnums Diamond) Double Magnum Psyche Bred Chestnut Stallion. Breeders Sweepstakes Nominated Stallion. SCID Clear. CA CLEAR
Terms Available on all breeding's. For more information feel free to visit our website at www.p8nacresarabians.com

AL Khamsa reporter for NY and Surrounding areas.
Please send me your Farm News and I will send it in to the " Khamsat Express "
info@p8nacresarabians.com

#22 Dreamcatcher

Dreamcatcher

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,657 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 07:38 AM

If you live in an area where the wealthy give their 'old' clothes to Good Will, my vote is for the GW Boutique. I've found everything from Christmas formals for $1 to Ralph Lauren suits for my husband to show halter in. Especially when we lived in Tucson, I could get some real high quality, very barely worn, name brand stuff for nothing. Out here in OK, eh, not so much.

Pat Lowe

#23 Rumonek

Rumonek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:46 PM

I did check the goodwills- whole lot of nothing, unfortunately. I think Im just now to the point that I'll wear what I like! haha.
A nice member did send me a couple jackets to try out.

Posted Image

Rumonek Colored Arabians

In Gold We Trust RCA
2010 53% Arabian Cremello Colt
(Allusive Gold ss X Wyo Prairie Pearl)

#24 Delightful

Delightful

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 06:30 AM

In general, I love the suits on the women when they show halter. Looks so classy!!! But I will say I saw a lady at Scottsdale who showed in a black pants, a white collared shirt, and black suspenders and I loved it! She was tall and thin, and really showed the horse well. If someone would have told me suspenders I would have laughed before seeing her. Guess you never know!
Heather
Moonlit Ridge Arabians
Proud mom of

Magic Delight AD (*Magic Domino AHS+++// x Delights Joi AD) - 2007 purebred filly
2009 SHN Top Ten PB Sport Horse In Hand Jackpot Fillies

HA Lehazon (Garnizon x Shoaleh) - 1997 purebred mare

Co- mom of WR Princessa (Sir Fames HBV x Lillian) - 2009 purebred filly

In loving memory of Rio Risadda "Clyde" (Rio Lobo x Cheri Risadda) - 1988 purebred gelding

A successful life is not measured by what is accomplished, but by what is overcome to accomplish it.

#25 KnA

KnA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 01:26 PM

Sorry... not meaning to steal this thread but I was wondering how you ladies like to wear your hair in the showring? I usually wear mine up in some sort or another but I'm starting to see some women wear their hair down?
+Sometimes you've got to take a chance, You've got to risk losing it all, You've got to close your eyes and leap because it might be worth the fall.+

#26 Dreamcatcher

Dreamcatcher

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,657 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 01:46 PM

Sorry... not meaning to steal this thread but I was wondering how you ladies like to wear your hair in the showring? I usually wear mine up in some sort or another but I'm starting to see some women wear their hair down?

I just came home from Region 9 and saw several women with their hair down. It looked awful, IMO. They were sweaty (it was friggin HOT down there) even in the AC in the coliseum, it was sticking to foreheads, flying around and just basically a distraction. I really like how Kim Morgan wears hers tied back and under control. She always looks very professional and ready. The messy hair just screamed amateur to me, in more ways than one.

Pat Lowe

#27 windridge

windridge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:49 PM

Here are some photos of me from Canadian Nationals- black suit with a silky white shirt under and I had my hair back in a french twist with some sparkly pins. I bought the suit at JC Penneys $50-60 range best part is machine washable and perm. press.

mrcan1.jpg

roses.jpg
WR MEGA ROCK++/ multiple Regional Champion and all around good guy. AWA GLORIOUS+/ multiple Regional Champion and mult. SHN Top 10
JUSTADANCE+ Regional Champion and Canadian National Top 10, CA LAILAH- SHN Top 10
WR SHADDO HAWK- Multi Regional Champion and SHN Top 10 (3rd) SHIH
MAGNIFICO ZF- Regional Champion halter and SHN Reserve Champion SHIH yearling

#28 Hoofhaven

Hoofhaven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,719 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:20 PM

Regardless of what you wear, just follow the sound advice I was given when I started showing.....Always try it on in "halter showing position" before you buy it!! Nothing like finding out that 1) your sleeves are too short and 2) your gut is going to hang out when you raise your arms!!

LOL GOOD advice!! I had ppl looking at me in the store trying on suits and standing in front of the mirror in HALTER POSE lol

Here is what I'll be wearing next weekend :)

Posted Image

Hoof-Haven Equestrian Ltd.

www.hoof-haven.com

Posted Image

#29 Rumonek

Rumonek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 11:04 PM

I got SO excited the other day while garage saleing. There was a lovely little suite there... of course, my chest was too big for it :(

We dont have to worry about our hair anymore, do we HH ;)

Posted Image

Rumonek Colored Arabians

In Gold We Trust RCA
2010 53% Arabian Cremello Colt
(Allusive Gold ss X Wyo Prairie Pearl)