204 replies to this topic

#161 Tamcam

Tamcam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,992 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:06 AM

Thought this was a cute video - really shows what a nice man he is :)

Posted Image

Copyright 2011

Posted Image

#162 zai

zai

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:22 AM

Same one that Tamcam posted but I got into it through the Chronicle Forum here http://www.chronofho...ad.php?t=346868 Love the Weltmeyers (we have a Weltregent H mare at our barn) but boy they are huge powerhouses.... a little Arab blood would certainly do no harm....we were really disappointed that IS Orlow was not available to North America as he would have been an interesting cross on the Weltregent mare.

#163 Tamcam

Tamcam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,992 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:41 AM

LOVE this time of year when I get to seriously think about the coming breeding season. Here's the latest stallion on my short list, actually I know I'm using him in 2014.

Devon Heir - Elite Hanoverian stallion
Devon Heir 638.jpg
SVE I Devon Heir 6160.jpg
  • sixpoundfarm and Kailicia'sGirl like this

Posted Image

Copyright 2011

Posted Image

#164 Kailicia'sGirl

Kailicia'sGirl

PGN Kailicia( Kaiyoum x PGN Solataire)

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,871 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Marketing, Breeding,Showing,History.

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:06 PM

Has anyone delt with Superior Equine Sires? http://www.superiore...ionroster.shtml I was looking at the stallion roster and it's impressive. Damon Hill, Dancier, De Niro, etc. Any experience with these guys or any experience with the forementioned stallions semen would be great.

LOVE this time of year when I get to seriously think about the coming breeding season. Here's the latest stallion on my short list, actually I know I'm using him in 2014.

Devon Heir - Elite Hanoverian stallion
Devon Heir 638.jpg
SVE I Devon Heir 6160.jpg

I really like the look of this horse. I'll try and look up some footage! And he is bred perfectly, with my a mix of my favorite WB stallions up close.

Penny Lane Arabians
Stallions: U.S & CDN Res. National Champion Futurity Colt, Sol Debut (x Solstice) and Fazio (Eden C x Swanah). 

The Mares: Lady Versace (Versace), PGN Kailicia (Kaiyoum++), Swanah (Versace), FS Betty Grable (Padrons Psyche), Flames Rhapsody (Bask Flame), PGN Show NTell+ (Showkayce+), Showanna (Showkayce+), Star Of The Sshow (Showkayce+ x PGN Kailicia), Ezalia (Eden C x PGN Kailicia), Ellie Mae PF (Eden C), Sol Contessa (Sol Debut x FS Betty Grable), and My Queen - National Champion Baskskokhette+ (SV Basksko).

#165 Tamcam

Tamcam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,992 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:16 PM

Has anyone delt with Superior Equine Sires? http://www.superiore...ionroster.shtml I was looking at the stallion roster and it's impressive. Damon Hill, Dancier, De Niro, etc. Any experience with these guys or any experience with the forementioned stallions semen would be great.

I really like the look of this horse. I'll try and look up some footage! And he is bred perfectly, with my a mix of my favorite WB stallions up close.

I don't think those of with Arabians can go wrong with this one! I've been watching since his stallion inspection in 2004. Absolutely loved him then, but wanted to wait until his performance career got under way to see about his ridability - he was a handful at his inspection - LOL. Ridability is great! And the foals I've been seeing for the past couple of years are all improvements of their dams, which is a good sign. His foals are just getting under saddle and the trainer's are loving them, said they are wonderful and ammy friendly. I know, I will be using him. I have to breed back to Escudo II and he's getting older 21 this coming year (I may be biased, but I'm not sure I can breed a better horse than my E II filly). So I'm thinking 2014 for Devon Heir.

Here's his Facebook page - if you contact Terry his owner or Willy his trainer, tell them I sent you :D .
http://www.facebook....4167337?fref=ts

Posted Image

Copyright 2011

Posted Image

#166 Marilee

Marilee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Interests:Egyptian and Fadjur bloodlines, pedigree research, dressage, trail riding, Horse Council, 4-H, horses in education, halter and performance

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

Where is a link to his pedigree? He is very nice.

Many years ago a friend had Donnerkiel here in town. I think that was his name. Realy liked that horse. I will try to think of who had him, and where he went to?? I have heard the "Donner' name mentioned here, but never did see his pedigree to study it. Thanks.

#167 Tamcam

Tamcam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,992 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

Where is a link to his pedigree? He is very nice.

Many years ago a friend had Donnerkiel here in town. I think that was his name. Realy liked that horse. I will try to think of who had him, and where he went to?? I have heard the "Donner' name mentioned here, but never did see his pedigree to study it. Thanks.

Here's Devon Heir's pedigree http://www.allbreedp....com/devon heir

I think the "Donner" most refer to is Donnerhall. One of the most dominate WB stallions of all time. Interesting that Donnerkiel is by Diamont, he was my introduction into Hanoverians, I knew him well.

Posted Image

Copyright 2011

Posted Image

#168 Cold Spring Farm

Cold Spring Farm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:56 AM

Ah Tam, you're killing me here!! Another E2 baby will be GRAND!! I'm not breeding anything next year....so, yet another year I will longingly yearn for a Furstenball baby! lol

(His son who just won the stallion testing looks amazing, and the babies I have seen around here are incredible!)

BUT -- as you know -- I am on PINS AND NEEDLES for my Rubignon baby in April!!! (usually I pray for colts, but I have to be honest and say I wouldn't mind a filly this time around!)
  • Tamcam likes this

#169 Tamcam

Tamcam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,992 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:00 AM

Since I've been advised against using frozen for my mare, I try really hard not to get too excited about the stallions in Germany. That said, I have been advised to breed my mare to DeNiro by the man in charge of the breeding program at the Hannover Verband. This led me to Devon Heir, his son where I can get the fresh cooled stuff. I've also been advised to not go for the super big moving stallions with an Arabian mare. Lots of reasons for this, so if you really want the scoop send me a PM. Of course, this is all based on where the Hanoverian breed wants Arabian blood to make their horses better ;) . But it also has to do with the market for the Arabian/WB cross, which is ammy women who can't ride the big moving WB's. Just something to think about when breeding. If you are breeding not to sell, then that's a whole different ball game.

Posted Image

Copyright 2011

Posted Image

#170 Tamcam

Tamcam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,992 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:05 AM

Ah Tam, you're killing me here!! Another E2 baby will be GRAND!! I'm not breeding anything next year....so, yet another year I will longingly yearn for a Furstenball baby! lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdEfDWENxBY (His son who just won the stallion testing looks amazing, and the babies I have seen around here are incredible!)

BUT -- as you know -- I am on PINS AND NEEDLES for my Rubignon baby in April!!! (usually I pray for colts, but I have to be honest and say I wouldn't mind a filly this time around!)

I'm secretly hoping for a red headed filly this time, as I have the most perfect E name for her :) , but any color filly would be very very nice! That said, if I get a colt that looks like Chanel, he shouldn't be too hard to sell - boys make my hubby happy, as I sell them. He knows I like to keep the girls.

Love Furstenball.

Posted Image

Copyright 2011

Posted Image