#142 Tamcam

Tamcam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,001 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:40 PM

Wow!

I know! I've been waiting for his owners to supply North America with some frozen. This horse is so talented and I'm hearing very good things about his foals.

Posted Image

Copyright 2011

Posted Image

#143 ArabiansR2Cool

ArabiansR2Cool

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:37 PM

Any thoughts (good or bad) on Ampere? I am not able to find a lot of information on him yet.

Molli
SHF Martini - 2008 Region 13 Champion Mare AOTH

#144 Tamcam

Tamcam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,001 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 04:08 PM

Any thoughts (good or bad) on Ampere? I am not able to find a lot of information on him yet.

He's a very young stallion, so maybe that's why you're not finding a lot of info on him. He's just beginning his career and the current trend of using unproven stallions in europe is turning back to the tried and true. In this economy breeders are more about breeding to stallions where you know what to expect. If you really like him, maybe you can look to his sire, Rousseau. I know of 2 people who have used him with their Arabian & Anglo mares with very good results.

Posted Image

Copyright 2011

Posted Image

#145 ms raven

ms raven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:38 PM

RE: Rock Forever
So sorry to rain on your parade but I wouldn't touch the horse I see in that video with a 10 foot poll!! I've heard of him and have seen other videos (of those I think this is better: but the problems remain the same for me. He wings quite badly in front, is long through the loin, short in the croup and wobbles through the hock. He sits okay in the pirouette but overall I don't think he uses he hind end well at all.

RE: Ampere
I like this video of him: . The walk is his weakest gait and KWPN judged his loin as his weakest area conformationally. I love, LOVE his hind leg at the canter! I've read that he and his foals are a little flighty so I'm waiting to see how his first foal crop does under saddle before I make any final decision on him. As mentioned, his sire is FABULOUS!!

#146 Tamcam

Tamcam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,001 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:28 AM

So sorry to rain on your parade but I wouldn't touch the horse I see in that video with a 10 foot poll!! I've heard of him and have seen other videos (of those I think this is better: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=a26__dMFhNI) but the problems remain the same for me. He wings quite badly in front, is long through the loin, short in the croup and wobbles through the hock. He sits okay in the pirouette but overall I don't think he uses he hind end well at all.

I like this video of him: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=mXgUy6-xyx4. The walk is his weakest gait and KWPN judged his loin as his weakest area conformationally. I love, LOVE his hind leg at the canter! I've read that he and his foals are a little flighty so I'm waiting to see how his first foal crop does under saddle before I make any final decision on him. As mentioned, his sire is FABULOUS!!

Have you seen Rock Forever in person? His first foal crop produced a Premium Stallion, not to mention that his foals are selling at young ages. I know everyone has their opinions, but to say all this just from watching videos... My trainer & one of my best friends has seen him in person more than once. My trainer, who is a breeder of Hano's & Oldenburgs and a USDF judge, rather liked this stallion and even had a lady in the barn purchase a 2 yr. old by him. Based on their knowledge I will continue to watch this stallion. No chance of breeding to him, as there is no frozen available for North America, but I can dream!

Posted Image

Copyright 2011

Posted Image

#147 maryjo

maryjo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,572 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:31 PM

So sorry to rain on your parade but I wouldn't touch the horse I see in that video with a 10 foot poll!! I've heard of him and have seen other videos (of those I think this is better: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=a26__dMFhNI) but the problems remain the same for me. He wings quite badly in front, is long through the loin, short in the croup and wobbles through the hock. He sits okay in the pirouette but overall I don't think he uses he hind end well at all.

I like this video of him: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=mXgUy6-xyx4. The walk is his weakest gait and KWPN judged his loin as his weakest area conformationally. I love, LOVE his hind leg at the canter! I've read that he and his foals are a little flighty so I'm waiting to see how his first foal crop does under saddle before I make any final decision on him. As mentioned, his sire is FABULOUS!!

Yup. And he was a late in a couple of his changes. And he is also only 8 years old. I suspect the hind end will come along. Look at how much Paragon has developed in the hind end in the past year. When you have that flamoyant a front chances are there are going to be deviations.
MaryJo

#148 sixpoundfarm

sixpoundfarm

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:53 PM

Dreamscape farm may be bringing in Rock Forever's frozen semen.

Ampere is really nice, he has several stallion sons in this year's KWPN grading. Try googling him with some dutch phrases, that may bring you more information. (ampere hengsten, or merrie, or wallach)

#149 Cold Spring Farm

Cold Spring Farm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:21 PM

I will admit to being a fan of Ampere for a few years now, since he came out as a youngster. (I also quite like Furstenball and have seen a few foals by him that are really special, and very consistent. Same for Furst Romancier!)

Anyhow -- it does look as if Ampere is beginning to make his mark as a sire.......

http://www.eurodress...llion-licensing

#150 maryjo

maryjo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,572 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:26 AM

I will admit to being a fan of Ampere for a few years now, since he came out as a youngster. (I also quite like Furstenball and have seen a few foals by him that are really special, and very consistent. Same for Furst Romancier!)

Anyhow -- it does look as if Ampere is beginning to make his mark as a sire.......

http://www.eurodress...llion-licensing

I would expect Ampere to do very well. What a great combo -- Rousseau and Flemingh.
MaryJo