Photo

Eden C

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
85 replies to this topic

#11 arabian stud europe

arabian stud europe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 04:57 AM

I Saw Eden at several shows in Europe and he is a gorgeous looking fellow!
Such a shame he didn't stay in Europe for breeding!
I must say I try to contact Mr. Gallun last year a several times myself too.
Never had any reply on my Emails :(
Maybe his spam filter only allows American email? LOL

#12 huntseat

huntseat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 05:08 AM

Any other time I'd be surprised that you hadn't heard back from them, but Scottsdale just ended and most barns didn't leave until Monday. Give them a chance to get home and get settled, I'm sure you will hear back soon. If not by the end of this week, I'd send another email as the first one may have gotten lost somehow.

Eden C is LOVELY and I was very impressed with what I saw of his get at Scottsdale this past week. Very substantial babies with good bone, pretty faces, and awesome movement. We need more horses like that!

PROUD OWNER OF
August Melody
(August Bey V x Hear the Music by MS Santana)
Arabians: Everything else is just a horse

#13 jjensen

jjensen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 11:12 AM

Thank you Marjolijn. Epigram has changed a lot since we weaned him in December. I cant' wait until it warms up enough to do a new video.
If any of you can't reach Gallun Farms please send me a PM with your email address and I will forward it to them for you.
They are really good folks to work with so there must be some sort of hangup with their email. Jon

#14 Vitaly

Vitaly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:01 AM

still nothing

#15 jjensen

jjensen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 05:19 PM

still nothing

Send me a message with your email address and I will forward it to them. Something odd is up because I know they are back. Jon

Thank you for the PM. I'm glad you got a response from Jaime. Best of luck!!!!!

Edited by jjensen, 02 March 2010 - 08:16 AM.

#16 splashh

splashh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 04:49 PM

Thank you Marjolijn. Epigram has changed a lot since we weaned him in December. I cant' wait until it warms up enough to do a new video.
If any of you can't reach Gallun Farms please send me a PM with your email address and I will forward it to them for you.
They are really good folks to work with so there must be some sort of hangup with their email. Jon

I think your colt Epigram is bred similar to what I would produce if I breed my mare to Eden this year. She is a Negatraz daughter/pure polish. His older photos are very pretty but I sure would appreciate seeing updateds if you have any. I am having a hard time settling on Eden for certain but since he is gone until mid May I don't feel pressure to decide either. No doubts about Eden as a horse or sire, it is just overwhelming all the possibilities because this will be my first attempt at breeding. After 25 years owning Arabs it is about time I breed one.

#17 jjensen

jjensen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 07:15 PM

I think your colt Epigram is bred similar to what I would produce if I breed my mare to Eden this year. She is a Negatraz daughter/pure polish. His older photos are very pretty but I sure would appreciate seeing updateds if you have any. I am having a hard time settling on Eden for certain but since he is gone until mid May I don't feel pressure to decide either. No doubts about Eden as a horse or sire, it is just overwhelming all the possibilities because this will be my first attempt at breeding. After 25 years owning Arabs it is about time I breed one.

I can't wait until Epigram sheds out a bit. His head is very extreme. When he was born I thought....well he's very nice.....but about two months after weaning he really changed. I heard that the Eden C foals were late bloomers and it sure is true in this case. I can't wait to see what our Fame VF/Kaiyoum mare has by him in April. She is due April 7 but is already bagging up. I bet we don't get a good nights sleep for at least a week before we get to see that one!
It's been so cold here we might send Epigram off to a trainer with a heated barn so we can speed up the process a bit. I'll post new photos as soon as I can. Best of luck in your decision - keep us all posted. Negatraz daughters are such good producers. If you ever want to give that girl away you just let me know! LOL. Jon

#18 Vitaly

Vitaly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:28 AM

I can't wait until Epigram sheds out a bit. His head is very extreme. When he was born I thought....well he's very nice.....but about two months after weaning he really changed. I heard that the Eden C foals were late bloomers and it sure is true in this case. I can't wait to see what our Fame VF/Kaiyoum mare has by him in April. She is due April 7 but is already bagging up. I bet we don't get a good nights sleep for at least a week before we get to see that one!
It's been so cold here we might send Epigram off to a trainer with a heated barn so we can speed up the process a bit. I'll post new photos as soon as I can. Best of luck in your decision - keep us all posted. Negatraz daughters are such good producers. If you ever want to give that girl away you just let me know! LOL. Jon

You can always send him to me :D
It's 10 degrees celcius out here, spring is coming (i Hope)
Eden is now @ Athabah Stud

I also have to wait after he returns :(

I've added a picture from my mare's first filly (2008)

#19 jjensen

jjensen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:22 AM

It got cold here last October and never let up, but it has finally warmed up this week. What a long, dreary winter it's been.

Very nice filly Marjolijn - love those little ears. It looks like her face is quite exotic from the way it obviously tapers in this photo.

We almost took a good offer on Epigram last Fall as a show gelding before we knew the results of his CA test. Right now we're very glad we waited. Epigram would work with almost all of our mares so we are pretty tempted to keep him. His disposition is excellent, he's nice to handle, and that's a must for any colt we have on the farm.

I guess we all get to hurry up and wait this year to breed to Eden. Our choice will depend on what kind of foal we get next month. Fingers crossed for a filly this time! Jon

#20 Azure Arabians

Azure Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:37 AM

Just write again maybe something happened:)
Shauna

Azure Arabians Home of HW Satin Prince

Regional Top 5 Halter

Sire of :
National TT SHN Jackpot filly Satin Daisy

Regional top 5 SHIH mare ,
Scottsdale Top 5 SHIH gelding

www.montanaequineconnections.com