Photo

CAHR HORSE OF THE YEAR

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 Marcia Friesen

Marcia Friesen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 05:46 PM

Well I finally get to announce on here that ISLAND ELEGANCE has been named the Horse of the Year as the Canadian recipient of the WAHO Trophy.

Each WAHO member country registry/society is provided a perpetual award to be presented to an outstanding purebred individual of their choosing.

The CAHR selection committee is made up of Past Presidents who felt Island Elegance met all the criteria set out by WAHO as she is a shining example of superior Canadian breeding and represented the high level of quality that the Canadian industry can accomplish. Her pedigree is populated with Canadian bred horses from some of Canada's best known breeding programs.

You can read all about this great mare and her people in the latest edition of the Canadian Arabian Horse News which will be online if you do not receive a hardcopy.

Just a few highlights are: 2009 Canadian National Champion Mare
2009 US National Reserve Champion Sr.Mares

As far as we are aware, Island Elegance is the first Canadian bred and owned purebred mare to have been named National Champion Mare.

Congratulations to her owner Don James of Island Arabians and to all the Canadians who had a part in her success.

Posted Image
Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off your goal!

Posted Image

Copyright 2008

#2 Dynasty SAF

Dynasty SAF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 06:24 PM

Excellent. She is most deserving, just a very beautiful mare, full of talent. "OUR CANADIAN QUEEN"

I deleted the pic I entered. I wasn't implying the pic I inserted was Island Elegance but I can see other that didn't know the mare might assume that. So sorry about that. Thanks Dawn for inserting a pic of the outstanding mare. Maybe you can help he as I am new at posting and can't figure out how to get a pic into the salutation (at the bottom) as that is where I would like the pic I have of Codi to appear. Also Marcia how do you get your Avatar to scroll through numerous photos. I can only get 1 picture loaded in mine. Help please and thank you.

#3 Marcia Friesen

Marcia Friesen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 07:55 PM

Yes she is.

Just wanted to comment that the photo in your post is not Island Elegance in case people are confused and don't realize the pic is of your horse lol. Island Elegance is a purebred grey mare :th_fathorsey:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Copyright 2008

#4 Kristine

Kristine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 09:27 PM

As far as we are aware, Island Elegance is the first Canadian bred and owned purebred mare to have been named National Champion Mare.

That is awesome, she is such a beautiful mare!!! Neat to see that both her sire and grandsire are also Canadian bred!!!

Kristine
Proudly a slave for Spencer, Psyfawn, and Black Horse :)

Renex Arabians
The TYPE that MOVES the next generation

#5 secondchanceranch

secondchanceranch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,380 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 06:57 PM

Island Elegance ( Couturier x Island Mist)
[attachment=60960:islandelegance.jpg]

http://www.couturier.../offspring.html

:1:
Dawn Brown
Baida Arabians
Glenside, Saskatchewan, Canada
306-867-2128
dawn.scr@hotmail.com
www.baidaarabians.com

#6 Dynasty SAF

Dynasty SAF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:02 PM

Hey there I was able to delete the pic I entered. I wasn't implying the pic I inserted was Island Elegance but I can see that others whom do not know the mare might assume that. So sorry about that. Thanks Dawn for inserting a pic of this outstanding mare. Maybe you can help he as I am new at posting and can't figure out how to get a pic into the salutation (at the bottom) as that is where I would like the pic I have of Codi to appear. Also Marcia how do you get your Avatar to scroll through numerous photos. I can only get 1 picture loaded in mine. Help please and thank you.

#7 secondchanceranch

secondchanceranch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,380 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 05:52 AM

Hey there I was able to delete the pic I entered. I wasn't implying the pic I inserted was Island Elegance but I can see that others whom do not know the mare might assume that. So sorry about that. Thanks Dawn for inserting a pic of this outstanding mare. Maybe you can help he as I am new at posting and can't figure out how to get a pic into the salutation (at the bottom) as that is where I would like the pic I have of Codi to appear. Also Marcia how do you get your Avatar to scroll through numerous photos. I can only get 1 picture loaded in mine. Help please and thank you.

I believe you have to do it from your account. I haven't done it, but I assume you can place a photo into your signature by editing you signature? As for the scrolling avatar, I haven't done that either, but most likely that is done where you select your avatar picture. Look closely for tabs that provide you with these options.

Sorry, that's the best I can do to help you without showing you firsthand or doing it myself :)
Dawn Brown
Baida Arabians
Glenside, Saskatchewan, Canada
306-867-2128
dawn.scr@hotmail.com
www.baidaarabians.com

#8 Marcia Friesen

Marcia Friesen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:57 AM

That is awesome, she is such a beautiful mare!!! Neat to see that both her sire and grandsire are also Canadian bred!!!

Kristine

That was one of the deciding factors in naming her our Horse of the Year. She truly is representative of Canadian breeding with so many of those in her pedigree being Canadian bred.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Copyright 2008