Photo

THIN Arab Mares (4) Need Homes/Rescued Woodsfield Oh 43793

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#11 FiveWells

FiveWells

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 02:39 PM

I called the phone numbers listed, yesterday. It was a VERY STRANGE phone call, to say the least. A guy answered the phone, and I asked if this was 'Ralph'; he said no. I asked if Ralph was there, and he said no. I then asked this guy if he knew if the 4 mares Ralph was looking to sell were still available, and the hesitated for quite some time before saying "I don't know". I asked him if the other phone number listed (which I gave him) was Ralph's cell phone. The guy said, "uhhhh, I don't know". I got a bit frustrated (but TRIED to keep polite to try to get somewhere with this) ... I asked him "maybe I should be asking, do I have the correct phone number; does Ralph live there?" He said yes. I told him I'd try to call the other phone number listed. I called the other number and no one answered ... voice mail came on, and I could be totally wrong, but the voicemail identified as 'Ralph' sound EXACTLY LIKE the guy I just spoke to at that house phone!! I left a message that I was interested in the mares, and left my phone number. For some reason, I don't think I'll hear anything from him ... I get the impression it was Ralph I was talking to (again, hoping I'm wrong on that, though).

That sounds bad for the horses :0(
Kendra Wells
www.fivewellsfarm.com

#12 nhraffer

nhraffer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 05:36 AM

yes it does....i hope they are ok

Kellie Flanagan

N H Raffer (Raffon x Ferlima)1983 B stallion 3/30/83-3/10/09
Da-Kheree (Khemosabi x Nacoy)1987 B mare
Khemonette (Khemosabi x Famemiss) 1991 B mare
FA Summer Bask (Star Maker x GR Bi Baska)1994 C mare
Sabras Silver Wind (FV Concorde Gezzan x AM Emily Dreamla)2005 G filly

#13 Laurel_Arabians

Laurel_Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 09:45 AM

Someone else put in a call to 'Ralph' last night, and got the same story from the guy that answered the phone ... he doesn't know anything about the horses, and Ralph isn't available until after 9:00 at night, and leaves by 7:00 a.m. Well, I CALLED after 9:00 at night, and STILL no clue as to what's going on. But, I'll try again tonight.

#14 Kandace

Kandace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 08:23 PM

Dementia, perhaps? Or he just changed his mind?

It certainly makes the horses' well-being an even larger concern. Does anyone live close enough to do a drive-by?

#15 LEC Trail Rider

LEC Trail Rider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 03:51 PM

Brenda, I just left you a voicemail - this is about 1/2 hour from me.....:(
Henry said, "Look over here, Alec, an' get away from their heads. You don't ride heads."

Renee E. Dorsey
Ohio - near Wheeling, WV

www.wheelinglimo.com and www.OVPrepperDepot.com

#16 Cassiosum Acres Arabians

Cassiosum Acres Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,658 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:01 AM

This guy is wierd i was going to buy someone off him years ago and he was so pushy and wanted money deposited into his account like asap
I got strange vibes for him and said no thanks.
Cassiosum Acres Arabians & Tack
Ask about our monthly sales and specials and check me out on Facebook too
RIP to my heart and soul SUMMETICIAN May 30 1993 - January 6th 2012. Mom loves you always and we will meet again

#17 wtears

wtears

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:50 AM

terry called us about them and we've talked to the guy twice
1st time he had no clue his horses were in sorry shape and no one had
contacted him from humane society.
2nd time same story- his horses were fine and no they werent for sale
i tried but if he wont let go of them and HS isnt knocked his door down what can u do?
i offered to help but if its refused there's not a lot i can do unless the HS is going to take them
and he feels threatened. right now there's no threat but this is according to him.
WTEARS
Website Link: Breaking, Training, Lessons, Boarding in Ohio Retiring, Rehoming, and Rehabilitation Available
Home of / Paint Mia Feather 2012 tobiano bay roan HAHA pinto filly --WS Painted Hawk APHA x Nateefa Amir AHA /
/ Nitro 1993? half arab buckskin pinto rescue mare

#18 Arabian Rescue

Arabian Rescue

Advanced Member

• VIP Hosting Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 12:16 PM

terry called us about them and we've talked to the guy twice
1st time he had no clue his horses were in sorry shape and no one had
contacted him from humane society.
2nd time same story- his horses were fine and no they werent for sale
i tried but if he wont let go of them and HS isnt knocked his door down what can u do?
i offered to help but if its refused there's not a lot i can do unless the HS is going to take them
and he feels threatened. right now there's no threat but this is according to him.

Thank you for following up with him as he never returns my calls. If you could just check in from time to time and somehow maybe get him to allow a viewing, I would feel better. Again, Thanks (Juanita right?). So bad with names.:)
Terry Figueroa
President/CEO of
The Arabian Rescue Mission, Inc. www.arabianrescuemission.org
a 501©3 non-profit horse rescue. info@arabianrescuemission.org
Rasmoniet ehap (Rasmoniet rsi x Jubilee Halima dtr) SE/AK
Temujin kgi (*Nefison x Procent granddaughter) Straight Russian
Promuscat (Muscat x Pettina by Ponomarev) Straight Russian
Mir MG (Moment x Muzza/Aswan dtr) Straight Russian
Always loved by *Prudent HT (Procent x Aswan daughter) Straight Russian - MY HEART
Always loved by *Bekas (Etap x Beatrice) Pure Polish Import - MY SOUL

ALWAYS REMEMBER BERRYLETTA V - GRANNY, WHO ALONG WITH 3 OTHERS, WERE MURDERED BY HSOC, OHIO!

#19 wtears

wtears

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 12:22 PM

Thank you for following up with him as he never returns my calls. If you could just check in from time to time and somehow maybe get him to allow a viewing, I would feel better. Again, Thanks (Juanita right?). So bad with names.:)

juanita's my barn owner, but yes same place lol, me(mary) and my daughter(chantal) do the leg work for the rescues
and yes we'll keep trying him :)
cuz they just keep comin
WTEARS
Website Link: Breaking, Training, Lessons, Boarding in Ohio Retiring, Rehoming, and Rehabilitation Available
Home of / Paint Mia Feather 2012 tobiano bay roan HAHA pinto filly --WS Painted Hawk APHA x Nateefa Amir AHA /
/ Nitro 1993? half arab buckskin pinto rescue mare

#20 mhtokay

mhtokay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 01:24 PM

[