Photo

Sporthorse Nationals 2010

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#1 spiritthyme

spiritthyme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,794 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 05:27 AM

Although I will not be attending... The SH people should get togeather for a BEST group, so here's your thread ! :)

Spirit Thyme ( Pryme Thyme X Kendrid Spirit YW ) 2003 Gelding

Topez ( *Pesniar X DW Baskala by *Bask ) 1983 Stallion

Jamaalah Spirit HT ( Spirit Thyme X Halima El Jamaal by *Dakar El Jamaal ) 2013 filly

#2 jjensen

jjensen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 10:07 AM

There is a new SHN futurity for yearlings and two year olds so count me in!

#3 spiritthyme

spiritthyme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,794 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:23 AM

I am hoping that the new owner of my homebred 4 y/o HA Filly Diva ( Spirit Thyme X Colleens Vision ) will be shown in Dressage, she was TT ( 4th ) at the 2008 SHN in the HA Filly's Jackpot ;)

This is Diva ( at 3 years old ) schooling with her Jr. rider ( owner )

Diva 1.jpg

And here's Spirit Thyme checking out his TT plaque ( he was 2005 TT ( 3rd ) in the PB Colts Jackpot !

SHN05014E.jpg

I want to go back, but it won't be this year for sure, perhaps 2011 ;)

There is a new SHN futurity for yearlings and two year olds so count me in!

The SHN Payback futurity is not at the actual SHN show... the futurity is for all shows, you sign up your yearlings for $100 ( thru the SHN Payback website ) then record you placings throughout the year and the 5 highest scores for each participant will be calculated and whoever has the top scores wins :-)

The 2 y/o class is the Jackpot which is at the Sporthorse National show.

So yes you can do both !

Jamaalah Spirit HT ( Spirit Thyme X Halima El Jamaal by *Dakar El Jamaal ) 2013 filly

#4 jjensen

jjensen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:35 AM

There is an SHN Payback Futurity for yearlings and two-year-olds -- but to the best of my knowledge (and I am usually out of the loop so I could be wrong!) such a class is not being added to SHN... it is just a paid program for youngsters, administered through the Payback program.

Idaho is just too long a drive.....will wait for SHN '11!

Might aim for the dressage championships at the Va. Horse Center, tho!

Rats! I didn't read about it - just listened to everyone talking and obviously didn't listen good enough. So this means the yearlings only get to go to smaller shows this year. I was hoping to take our two colts together and just hit a few shows. Well then - it looks like the big push for me will be 2011 because we are so far away from everything the driving time just kills me.

#5 Roze

Roze

Advanced Member

• Gold Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:35 AM

If it weren't in Idaho I'd be there for sure. If my guy does really, really well this year I may consider going out since this will be his last year as a junior horse, but he would have to knock socks off at every show we go to this year to make it worth the investment.

Roze Arabians Ltd.
Straight Egyptians, Straight Performance

Amer Azhaar
(Laheeb Al Nasser x Dorian Binthadidi)
2011 Straight Egyptian Stallion

Nile Roze+
(Ansata Nile Bay x LM Bint Fakher)
2001 Straight Egyptian Mare

Aroze to Nobility
(Aspecial Ali x Noble Karama)
2005 Straight Egyptian Gelding

Escapade SHF
(Scapa x The Aurora)
2009 Straight Egyptian Gelding

Mehdi Amir RZ
(Masada Mazal x Nile Roze+)
2013 Straight Egyptian Colt

www.RozeArabians.com

#6 spiritthyme

spiritthyme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,794 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:53 AM

Idaho is out for me every other year for sure... the idea of driving there from Ok in Sept. when you can run in to snow isn't worth it for me ! ( My days of hauling a trailer in snow & ice ended when I moved from Alaska ! )

#7 Windy Creek

Windy Creek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 08:10 AM

While I would love to take Storm and Angell since they are SHN payback, Idaho is WAY to far for me. Since Angell is 2 I am considering putting her in the futurity this year because we do plan on taking her to some local shows. Storm will just have to make his SHN debut next year in KY. But you never know where he might go this year. ;)

Anybody looking for a fabulous 2 yr old to go to Idaho this year needs to check Angell out in the Purebred Mares & Fillies (shameless plug :) )
________________________________________________________________________________________
Angie Williby
Windy Creek Arabians

#8 jjensen

jjensen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 08:11 AM

I will be taking one lonely two year old colt to SHN. Might try to go to Estes Park/Denver with the yearling and two year old since they are back to back shows. Idaho is an easier haul for me than OK - at least BEST will be represented at every SHN. Jon

#9 spiritthyme

spiritthyme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,794 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:03 AM

I will be taking one lonely two year old colt to SHN. Might try to go to Estes Park/Denver with the yearling and two year old since they are back to back shows. Idaho is an easier haul for me than OK - at least BEST will be represented at every SHN. Jon

Ok... you can't tell us about your lonely 2 y/o and NOT share a pic !!! ;)

BEST will be well represented IMO, sounds like we are going to have some awesome members !

#10 jjensen

jjensen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:35 AM

Ok... you can't tell us about your lonely 2 y/o and NOT share a pic !!! ;)

BEST will be well represented IMO, sounds like we are going to have some awesome members !

Preacher GWA (Piaff PASB x Kaiyoum daughter)
Here he is last Summer as a yearling pasture pony - not conditioned, or sweat, or posed. I want to turn him into a Reiner but my wife says SHIH then maybe Dressage (if she can get him to open up his leg at SHIH) and perhaps Reining after that if she still likes me by then. Jon

Attached Thumbnails

• Preacher as a yearling.jpg