Photo

Hoping to find a sizeable colt / stallion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#11 western

western

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 11:18 PM

Hi there, please check out my pure Polish son of CR for Pytesake, a stakes winner and sporthorse champion out of Satin Flis, a Flis daughter. This colt is bred to race and built for racing, sporthorse, endurance or dressage. He is just 3 years old and already over 15H, lots of bone and sweet as can be. Beautiful head and neck and power behind.

I have tried to get a better selection of pix of your young colt, but you must not have rec'd the email. I would like to see conformation pix, as well as a few of sire and dam.

More pix the better... candid pix are great!

WES.
western6@shaw.ca

#12 Dayspring Arabians

Dayspring Arabians

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:19 AM

I am new to this site, and have a few Polish, and Polish related, racebred mares. I am looking for a sizeable colt/stallion to campaign in Endurance, train and show in regional Dressage, and cover a few of my mares. I am looking, foremost, for a substantial, and tall, athlete, with the ability to improve on my already sizeable mares. (they are already 15.1-15.2 hands, at 3 and 4 years old).
Pretty isn't nearly as important as athleticism, a well laid shoulder, and a good extension.
Hoping to unearth the elusive 16 hand powerhouse...

I would appreciate any leads, in any direction.

Wes Buckle
Black Creek, British Columbia,
Canada.

western6@shaw.ca

#13 Dayspring Arabians

Dayspring Arabians

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:36 AM

Hi Wes,

I noticed your ad for a tall stallion on the Arabian Breedeers Network. We do have a 16 hand stallion ( I did not use a level but also that measurement is NOT at the tip of his ears either!). He is by a Pure Polish black Aladdinn son who is out of a Bask, Gdansk, Comet bred mare. His dam is an imported Russian bred mare (HUGE!!!) who is double Arax, double Priboj, one cross to Naseem, and one to Palas. We obtained her at age 17 and she gave us two world class colts. One is in Wisconsin, sold to two little girls who have shown him in open classes and garnered over 54 awards against all breeds and this was their first year of showing!

Drazahn is a beautiful copper bay who looks like a tall, classic Arab. He moves wonderfully and is quite an athlete. He was playing and injured the outside of his hock so has not been started. I had it x-rayed and the vet said that she thought he could be ridden but that showing might be out due to the constant wear on the joints. He goes sound most of the time, but sometimes when he turns, he gives just a bit. He can gllop furiously towards you, then sit down, slide, and do a 180 in the blink of an eye! The gal that usually does our training said that he would make a fabulous sport horse - She started his brother (the gelding in Wis.), and thought that both would be contenders for the Sport Horse Nationals. She used to show, breed, and train Park, Eng. Pl horses and produced several res. natl champ, and top tens (Hot Lixx, Going My Way, etc). She now competes in the mini- eventing and Dressage Arenas. I value her opinion-Keep in mind that she rarely gives compliments.

We are a small farm, and I would like to sell him to someone who could utilize his talents as a sire. I would be very reasonable if I could retain breedings to him. If you are interested in him you can contact me through the Arabian Breeders Network or odayspring @clearwire.net
Thank you for considering him. Sincerely, Dayspring Arabians

#14 western

western

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 03:16 PM

Hello folks..
Sorry I neglected this site for so long after posting my query. I am trying to apprise myself of all of the information posted in response to my initial request.
But, to clarify...
I am not necessarily looking for Pure Polish, or even Polish for that matter. I am looking for size, substance, and athleticism. I simply initiated my search via a few Polish postings when my search started late in the Fall.
I am interested in a tall prospect who has the height and substance to campaign in Sporthorse, (perhaps Dressage), and hopefully Endurance. I have a few Polish/Russian mares who are already sizeable, (15.1-15.2+), and who I think, if crossed wisely, will start my Heavyweight Endurance line. I am hopeful to unearth a 16 hand powerhouse.
It is a crazy time to begin a search for the elusive heavyweight colt/stallion, because the market is flooding with horses who need to find immediate placement. I am not in a hurry to scoop up a close facsimile to my pre-requisite, perfect.

Hopefully those who are looking to place a pretty, exotic, and typey colt will consider whether the young guy has the heart, lung, bone, and disposition for the athletic disciplines, before contacting me with an imminent timeline to move him.

I appreciate beauty, but it won't necessarily hold up to the rigors of higher level Dressage movements, never mind the taxing demands of Endurance.
I am offering a home. I have a full-time turnout situation on 20 acres of rolling pasture. I like the horses I work with, and campaign, to live life like horses, and enjoy the journey as much as I do.
I am a small farm, hoping to improve on the athletics of movement, in an efficient and natural way.

If you have a colt/stallion, who has size, an athletes' pedigree, and ground covering movement, chat back with pictures and particulars.
Hoping my Herdsire is among you.

Looking forward...

..my friends' friends.

Wes Buckle
Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada.
western6@shaw.ca

#15 JmBrown

JmBrown

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 04:36 PM

Hey Wes,
For your consideration our Studs at Nugen Arabians NN Solo and NN Solaro, To me it sounds like Solaro is very close to what you are looking for. Our web site gives a good general description of Our boys as well as several pictures, check them out and Pm or email me if you are interested. I also sent you a Pm. Here are a few photos of NN Solaro

Wishing you the best in your search.
Matt Brown

Attached Thumbnails

• Solaro21.jpg
  • Solaro232.jpg
  • SolaroUnderSaddle2.jpg

Matt Brown
www.nugenarabians.com
Posted Image

#16 Iceman

Iceman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 11:37 AM

I have a really big Khartoon Khlassic weanling! He's tall, long legged, LOTS of extension at the trot. Really a big movng guy. Located in SW Missouri
bannerlook0810.jpg
bannerexttrot0810.jpg

#17 Sakinah-Farms

Sakinah-Farms

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 09:30 PM

Wes,

We have a lovely yearling colt that sounds like he'd match what you are looking for.

monteturn.JPG

monteheadawsm2.JPG

Thee Full Amante SA
His dam is every bit of 16hh and an athletic powerhouse with good dense bone. She is Polish with the exception of a Crabbet dam line.
His sire is a straight Egyptian Thee Desperado son and out of the same dam as Maistro, multi-time South African National Champion. Monte's sire has already sired several endurance horses as well as the dam of the Reserve Supreme Champion Stallion at the 2010 Egyptian Event.

Monte is very correct and athletic....and eyecatching to boot - bright bay with 3 whites on his legs and a bold blaze. He has a stellar disposition and loves people...very easy to catch and handle. He displays all of the athleticism of both his sire and dam. Excellent bone.

Marie

Sakinah Sport Horses
D Marie AuBuchon
Shannon & Shanda Cruz
Texas, USA

Email us!

#18 Wendy B

Wendy B

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 03:52 AM

Hey, Wes,

I sent you an e-mail. Bobi, Ebon Jamal, is at Lervicks and we would love to show him to you!! He's about 30 minutes closer to you and I really think you will find the trip worth your while!!

Thanks,
Wendy
Wendy B
Summer Hills Farm

#19 Empire Arabians Al Ru'a

Empire Arabians Al Ru'a

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 06:48 PM

I have actually met Doran Doran, as he is or was at Lapco. I picked up my 3 mares there and he is so consistent at foals, that ALL of them there had the same sock and star. Same leg and everything!!!! He is a super horse. Animated but handlable. Super nice babies too!!!

#20 fernvalleyfarm

fernvalleyfarm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 01:18 PM

I have a Magnum psyche son for sale he is 15 plus hand and is 4 years old you can e-mail me at fernvalleyfarm@mail.com for pictures price and info he is started under saddle and is at a steal of a price.

Outstanding Pure Polish, and Polish bred Arabians.

In All colors as well as Sabino!

www.fernvalleyfarm.net