Photo

On the lookout for a stallion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#21 Luminosity

Luminosity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 01:01 PM

I'm looking for a bay or agouti dominate stallion for my grey mare who recently was diagnosed with aggressive melanoma. She has lines to Nabiel, Nabor, Imdal, Bask, lots of Raffles, Ansata and Morafic. She's slightly off set in front and lighter muscled in the rear than I might like. She has good substance and depth, bone, trusting temperment and tough personality, good feet, angle of limb and balance with a great walk.

I'm looking for a compact horse with long reaching (sport horse/endurance) gait, good front legs and rear and big eye. No Thee Desperado. I'd like to get a great deal on the stud fee so I can afford all the shipping, collecting and vet costs which I know can get to be as high as the stud fee. Egyptian/Polish/Crabbet mixes or 'straights'.

My vet said I should breed her in the next five years if I'm going to so I have a year or so to pick the right guy. I've read the Belesemo and Kismet-bred horses are doing well for endurance? Any suggestions? Anyone know of Kismet-bred Fantizon? I've tried to email the owners. How would I find stallions with great metabolics?

For your consideration: My stallion, Luminosity (Fire**/ x Emkay Heather x Amerigo), is Polish/Crabbet - the grandson of *Nabor on the top and grandson to Amerigo (sire of Khemosabi) on the bottom. Although now gray (platinum silver), he was black until 6 years when he started dappling. I bred him to a grey Dreamazon granddaughter and got a handsome bay colt! With limited showing, he has done very well in halter, western pl, hunt seat, trail, dressage, and working cow horse. He passes on his exceptional intelligence, athleticism, and kind/bubbly personality. I feel he more than meets your conformational requirements. I've raised him from a baby so he is exceptionally well-mannered. I, too, would like to breed him a few more times before we both retire; so I would be willing to work with you on breeding fees. Please email me if interested. I can furnish more detailed info at that time.

I'm so sorry about your mare's diagnosis. Enjoy as much time with her as you can--it will mean a lot to both of you.

{Not the best of pictures -- he is NOT long in the back!}

Attached Images

• SR turnout_edited.jpg

Horses are a great relief for stress & depression

Fire++/ (*Nabor x Bur Ann)

LUMINOSITY

Emkay Heather (Amerigo x BurZelia)

#22 lkirby

lkirby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 05:30 PM

Take another look at Magic Aulrab who is owned by Peter Mileo. Magic Aulrab is out of extremely athletic Crabbet/CMK bloodlines, has successfully competed in endurance riding, and throws consistently uniform, mostly chestnut or bay offspring. You can find out more information on Magic Aulrab in the ABN Stallions at Stud section.

1-Magic-Aulrab-2.jpg
1-Magic-Aulrab-7.jpg
1-Magic-Aulrab-13.jpg

Lorna G. Kirby, PE
When you have gone through fire, you won't fade in the sun!!

#23 Gulastras Knight

Gulastras Knight

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 10:29 AM

If you are looking for good metabolics and a compact muscular body I would try to track down Gulastras Splash. I rode with his sire, Gulastras Knight, at Pan Ams in WA in 2003 and he was amazing. Gulastras Knight is the only stallion to win the National BC award. It was either 2008 or 2007 that he had 10 rides and 10 BCs!!!! That is unbelievable. I always wanted to breed to Gulastras Knight but could never find him :(. I also have an EXCELLENT stallion whose babies compete in 100 mile endurance rides all over the world. Many have been exported and are very successful in the Middle East and Europe as well as in the USA. Tomanchie. He is Polish.

I am the owner of Gulastras Knight and saw your post. I just registered to this forum. So to answer the question of where is Gulastras Knight, here I am!! My email is goripper@msn.com. Gulastras Knight is now offering shipped cooled semen. I look forward to being a member of this forum!! Sharon Westergard

#24 ferio

ferio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 10:50 AM

I would like to include TS Eliot. He has a very nice half arab filly that is doing very well for herself in Endurance and Competitve Trail some of her accomplishments are.

Competitive Trail High Point 1/2 Arabian - CA Classy Marina (Pat Thomas)
Overall High Point Competitive Trail

Grand Champion CA Classy Marina (Pat Thomas) Versatility Award (Competed in both CTR & Endurance this season)

CA Classy Marina (Pat Thomas)

100 Mile Futurity

CA Classy Marina (Pat Thomas)

500 Mile HorsesCA Classy Marina (Pat Thomas)
Proud owner of the grey arabian stallion TS Eliot!
rollingmeadowfarm@yahoo.com

#25 Peter Mileo

Peter Mileo

City Slicker Ranch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,956 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 11:22 AM

I am the owner of Gulastras Knight and saw your post. I just registered to this forum. So to answer the question of where is Gulastras Knight, here I am!! My email is goripper@msn.com. Gulastras Knight is now offering shipped cooled semen. I look forward to being a member of this forum!! Sharon Westergard

Hi Sharon:

Why don't you post Knight in the stallion section here? I have seen a foal by Knight. It was a HUGE improvement over the mare. He added scope and bone as well as substance. I think if you look at color and phenotype Knight as a grey is scopier than his chestnut sire Gulastras Splash. More stretch without giving up the good body and substance noted in the Gulastra horses. The colt/gelding that my friend owns by him certainly has that stretch to him. Longer neck and a very handsome horse. Should be a very competitive horse when he matures.

Regards,
Peter Mileo

City Slicker Ranch, Home of Magic Aulrab, 1993 Chestnut Stallion SCID and CA Clear and Constantene, 2006 Pure Polish Grey Arabian Stallion SCID Clear, CA Carrier, LFS Clear and Homozygous for Grey

#26 Cyclone

Cyclone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,506 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 12:06 PM

I've been very, very impressed with the athletic stallions at Mandolynn Hill.
Have a look www.mandolynn.com

I've raced an Amazing Son gelding
and there is a very versitle stallion called Sunny's RAinbow.
Have a look

Happy Trails,
Beverly Gray
www.bevgrayusa.com

I am so impressed w/Sunny Rainbow (he's also a Region 12 Top Five winner in working cowhorse!) that I plan to breed at least TWO of my mares to him soon. I LOVE that stallion! I will be praying for fillies, too, because I want to keep them both!

Cyclone
Beannacht Arabian Ranch

Pure Polish working western and sport horse prospects

Home of Pure Polish stallion, Vezanka (*Veza X *Suzanka)

www.beannachtarabianranch.net

Bronntanas - Animal Communicator

#27 drquinndsa

drquinndsa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 08:22 PM

I'm looking for a bay or agouti dominate stallion for my grey mare who recently was diagnosed with aggressive melanoma. She has lines to Nabiel, Nabor, Imdal, Bask, lots of Raffles, Ansata and Morafic. She's slightly off set in front and lighter muscled in the rear than I might like. She has good substance and depth, bone, trusting temperment and tough personality, good feet, angle of limb and balance with a great walk.

I'm looking for a compact horse with long reaching (sport horse/endurance) gait, good front legs and rear and big eye. No Thee Desperado. I'd like to get a great deal on the stud fee so I can afford all the shipping, collecting and vet costs which I know can get to be as high as the stud fee. Egyptian/Polish/Crabbet mixes or 'straights'.

My vet said I should breed her in the next five years if I'm going to so I have a year or so to pick the right guy. I've read the Belesemo and Kismet-bred horses are doing well for endurance? Any suggestions? Anyone know of Kismet-bred Fantizon? I've tried to email the owners. How would I find stallions with great metabolics?

I don't know where you are but contact me if you want to consider a very well built, proven SE stallion.

Attached Images

• S2.jpg

Drquinndsa
home of Salazar SF**Fadjur Hasan**DSA Spanish Romance**DSA Fadjurs Wild Side

#28 Nasarka

Nasarka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 09:47 PM

I don't know where you are but contact me if you want to consider a very well built, proven SE stallion.

I'm in central Ky, I'm wanting to AI as I don't want to ship my mare away from home.
Katie in Ky.

Pretty is as pretty does - beauty with utility

Save lives, spay and nueter, adopt a stray.