Photo

On the lookout for a stallion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#1 Nasarka

Nasarka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 09:43 PM

I'm looking for a bay or agouti dominate stallion for my grey mare who recently was diagnosed with aggressive melanoma. She has lines to Nabiel, Nabor, Imdal, Bask, lots of Raffles, Ansata and Morafic. She's slightly off set in front and lighter muscled in the rear than I might like. She has good substance and depth, bone, trusting temperment and tough personality, good feet, angle of limb and balance with a great walk.

I'm looking for a compact horse with long reaching (sport horse/endurance) gait, good front legs and rear and big eye. No Thee Desperado. I'd like to get a great deal on the stud fee so I can afford all the shipping, collecting and vet costs which I know can get to be as high as the stud fee. Egyptian/Polish/Crabbet mixes or 'straights'.

My vet said I should breed her in the next five years if I'm going to so I have a year or so to pick the right guy. I've read the Belesemo and Kismet-bred horses are doing well for endurance? Any suggestions? Anyone know of Kismet-bred Fantizon? I've tried to email the owners. How would I find stallions with great metabolics?
Katie in Ky.

Pretty is as pretty does - beauty with utility

Save lives, spay and nueter, adopt a stray.

#2 Azure Arabians

Azure Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 10:04 PM

Hey there Narsaka,
MY family used to own Fantizons Sire. I actually just lost two of my last half siblings to Fantizon in the last year or so. I used to have the contact for them but my computer crashed. Fantizon has won a few national awards. Look on Belesemo and email Kim and ask him they use him alot as they had his sire RD Arizon. they should know the contact information. I dont know so much about Kismet but Belesemo horses have done alot of endurance racing!
Belesemo Arabian Ranch

Good Luck!
Shauna

Azure Arabians Home of HW Satin Prince

Regional Top 5 Halter

Sire of :
National TT SHN Jackpot filly Satin Daisy

Regional top 5 SHIH mare ,
Scottsdale Top 5 SHIH gelding

www.montanaequineconnections.com

#3 Azure Arabians

Azure Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 10:09 PM

Wanted to ad they do have a brother to Fantizon that is Sired by RD Arizon as well. He is black, they have belesemo trad sons too but think they are all chestnut.

Did you receive my PM?

Heres another breeder you might want to look at
http://www.kenlynarabians.com/

Azure Arabians Home of HW Satin Prince

Regional Top 5 Halter

Sire of :
National TT SHN Jackpot filly Satin Daisy

Regional top 5 SHIH mare ,
Scottsdale Top 5 SHIH gelding

www.montanaequineconnections.com

#4 maz

maz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 04:24 AM

being in Ky i would think you could find an excellent sire choice locally and avoid all the AI fees/issues.

Most excelling Sport Horse or Working Western sires are also excellent types and bloodlines for distance horses. I am partial to WitezII and the CMK lines.

I understand the desire to breed a special mare, i did it 14 years ago and don't regret it, but i was also able to give a home to a great but needy gelding, seeing people begging for homes for their horses i will never breed again. Good luck with your search and your plans.

#5 BEYOND BEY

BEYOND BEY

www.webstersarabians.com

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 04:47 AM

I'm looking for a bay or agouti dominate stallion for my grey mare who recently was diagnosed with aggressive melanoma. She has lines to Nabiel, Nabor, Imdal, Bask, lots of Raffles, Ansata and Morafic. She's slightly off set in front and lighter muscled in the rear than I might like. She has good substance and depth, bone, trusting temperment and tough personality, good feet, angle of limb and balance with a great walk.

I'm looking for a compact horse with long reaching (sport horse/endurance) gait, good front legs and rear and big eye. No Thee Desperado. I'd like to get a great deal on the stud fee so I can afford all the shipping, collecting and vet costs which I know can get to be as high as the stud fee. Egyptian/Polish/Crabbet mixes or 'straights'.

My vet said I should breed her in the next five years if I'm going to so I have a year or so to pick the right guy. I've read the Belesemo and Kismet-bred horses are doing well for endurance? Any suggestions? Anyone know of Kismet-bred Fantizon? I've tried to email the owners. How would I find stallions with great metabolics?

How about Fasas? He is a proven producer of endurance horses - his son just won the 2009 Tevis Cup.
Kind regards Tracy

Attached Thumbnails

• FASAS.jpg

Tracy Webster
www.webstersarabians.com

#6 S&D Sport Horse

S&D Sport Horse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 05:07 AM

Regarding metabolics ... there is something called Heart Indexes, where the horses have their hearts ultra-sounded and measured for size, they are then assigned a number based on the results ... I know I have seen the Al-Marah horses advertise their horses HI's in the endurance news advertisements. We are looking into obtaining this info for our horses but have not completed the task yet.
Home of:
Bandos Las Ladd (*Bandos PASB x B Lovely ~ *Aladddinn) 1988 Grey Stallion
Alken (Ganges x Alkina) 2005 Black Bay Colt
Aabsolutely Five Star (Aabsolut x FS Evita ~ RD Five Star) 2007 Chestnut Colt

and their women (to name a few):
Willatra MSC (Traditio x Willa)
CR Milliegramm+ (Monogramm x CR Wind Moriah ~ Muslin & Sotep)
Wojllatra (Wojslaw x Willatra MSC)
FS Evita (RD Five Star x Patraska)
Wronica Lech (Lech PASB x *Wrona ~ Namiet)
Naproshka (*Procent x Nikiska ~ Nasmeshnik)
Miss Independence SF (RD Five Star x Carillon CC ~ Moment & Muscat)

www.sdsporthorse.com

#7 Dreamcatcher

Dreamcatcher

Advanced Member

• ABN Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,722 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 11:24 AM

Be sure to check out the SHN Payback program. You can get a breeding at half price and there are over 300 horses to chose from. The resulting foal would then be eligible for Payback money at SHN's.

SHN Payback Link

Pat Lowe

#8 forevertiki

forevertiki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 08:17 AM

Try a race bred stallion, they make THE BEST endurance sires! If you don't believe me, just check the pedigrees of top ranked FEI level performers. Many well proven race sires stand at stud nationwide , with reasonable stud fees. A SAMBOR or WIKING sire line would compliment your mare's pedigree ,and bay/chestnut seems to be the dominant color for the OFIR sire line.

#9 cameronholzer

cameronholzer

New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:37 PM

If you are looking for good metabolics and a compact muscular body I would try to track down Gulastras Splash. I rode with his sire, Gulastras Knight, at Pan Ams in WA in 2003 and he was amazing. Gulastras Knight is the only stallion to win the National BC award. It was either 2008 or 2007 that he had 10 rides and 10 BCs!!!! That is unbelievable. I always wanted to breed to Gulastras Knight but could never find him :(. I also have an EXCELLENT stallion whose babies compete in 100 mile endurance rides all over the world. Many have been exported and are very successful in the Middle East and Europe as well as in the USA. Tomanchie. He is Polish.

#10 forevertiki

forevertiki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 11:45 AM

Hang on a minute- let's not give all the credit to Poland for Tomanchie's abitilies! His dam Kellowna, descends from Cal- Poly/ Kellog breeding, she represents the well know Crabbet "R" tail female line. Typical of this mare family,she was an incredible producer of athletes sired by various stallions. Aside from champion runners including TC TOMTYR,as well as Tomanchie, she produced Bold Soldier, a well known endurance stallion. Her daughter Forlowna produced Nathan's Pride,by TIKI TESSAR+. Nathan was a stakes winner and went on to a successful endurance career and has sired competitive distance horses as well!