Photo
- - - - -

MHR Ella RIP

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

#11 ShadowfaxArabians

ShadowfaxArabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,872 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 11:57 AM

I'm so sorry you lost your beloved friend. Thank you for sharing about her.
God Bless,
Kay

Shadowfax Arabians
"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God and who have been called according to His purpose" Romans 8:28

#12 JennyM

JennyM

Equine Concierge (and Mortgage Loan Officer!)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 12:49 PM

I'm sorry for your loss, she looks like she had a super personality!

Lady in Waiting to Vanna
Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 Billie940

Billie940

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,770 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE (MHR Ella @ Aug 20 2009, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My old mare MHR Ella suffered a torsion colic last night and had to be put down. I was saddened by her death as she had no bad days at all until this happened. She was 31. I thought this forum might enjoy hearing about her breeding.

Her sire was Elimar (Celebes x Eliza) no Bask at all although she has Witraz as a grandsire.

Her dame was Bint Ghazna (Farlowa x Ghazna) Abu Farwa was her grandsire.

Ghazna was a dam of distinction.

She was not a pretty mare. She had a long head, but she was as sweet as pie with very soft eyes. She was very well trained and was 14 when I got her. She was my first horse and much beloved.

Sincerely, Elizabeth

There is never a "right" time to let them go...I love the old ones with their wise and gentle ways...you are so luck to have had her....I'm sorry for your loss.

Posted Image

Posted Image

If at first you don't succeed skydiving is not for you

#14 Comstock Lode

Comstock Lode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,341 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 01:14 PM

Elizabeth

I'm sorry for your loss

I was blessed very much like you - I lost my gelding Ernie on Jan. 30 he was 34 ( he was 13 when I got him ) , like your girl he had no bad days until his last . Funny enough his grandsire on his sire side was Witraz but not through Bask, on his dam side his grandsire was also Abu Farwa . Seems as if anyone looking for a very term companion should look for a horse with this breeding .

QUOTE (MHR Ella @ Aug 20 2009, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My old mare MHR Ella suffered a torsion colic last night and had to be put down. I was saddened by her death as she had no bad days at all until this happened. She was 31. I thought this forum might enjoy hearing about her breeding.

Her sire was Elimar (Celebes x Eliza) no Bask at all although she has Witraz as a grandsire.

She was not a pretty mare. She had a long head, but she was as sweet as pie with very soft eyes. She was very well trained and was 14 when I got her. She was my first horse and much beloved.

Sincerely, Elizabeth

#15 GoBlueGirl

GoBlueGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 03:33 PM

I am sorry for your loss, but glad to hear that you were able to enjoy her for so very long. In honor of her memory, here is a picture of her sire that I recently came across in an old AHW and just scanned to share.

#16 Robin W.

Robin W.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 05:41 PM

I am so sorry for your loss... Rose-04-june.gif

Robin W.

#17 copperview

copperview

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,152 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 05:44 PM

The love in your posts is beautifully said. I can hear the pride of owning such a wonderfully bred mare and best friend. I can only hope I have the grace you have shown in posting your girls ride to rainbow bridge. Thank you and hugs

Copper

Home of:Tune of Kadron-Kaseyn and CV Maranello GoldRush

Kaseyn is 76.375% CMK Stallion SCID Clear
Scoring 79.9% Sport Horse In-hand/Approved American Warmblood/WBFSH Stallion
Reining Points Winner/ 3rd in USEF 2013 Arabian Reining Region X
AHA Sweepstakes Nominated Sire

CV Maranello GoldRush is 3/4 Arabian PHBA AWS
2011 Gold Medal Winner First Nationally For American Warmblood Society
American Warmblood Breeding Stallion Service Auction

Posted Image

#18 Cassiosum Acres Arabians

Cassiosum Acres Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,658 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 06:21 AM

SO Sorry for the loss of your beloved mare. She sounds like she was a brave soul until the end - a priceless mare and a true treasure! May she RIP
Cassiosum Acres Arabians & Tack
Ask about our monthly sales and specials and check me out on Facebook too
RIP to my heart and soul SUMMETICIAN May 30 1993 - January 6th 2012. Mom loves you always and we will meet again

#19 Arabian Place

Arabian Place

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:39 AM

QUOTE (MHR Ella @ Aug 20 2009, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sincerely, Elizabeth

Elizabeth,

I wish you peace and strength in this difficult time. It is wonderful that Ella lived such a long and healthy life. We have an *Elimar daughter here. By looking at your mares wonderful bloodlines, and reading your description of her, I can only imagine what a joy she must have been.

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine; and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. Their bright eyes are intent; their eager body quivers.

Suddenly they begin to run from the group, flying over green grass, their legs carrying them faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face, your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet; so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart!!!

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.

QUOTE (GoBlueGirl @ Aug 20 2009, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am sorry for your loss, but glad to hear that you were able to enjoy her for so very long. In honor of her memory, here is a picture of her sire that I recently came across in an old AHW and just scanned to share.

Thank you for adding this wonderful photo.

Shannon

Click here for more ->>>

VA Aur Bey (Bey Shah x Aur Belle by Aurab) ~~Sweepstakes Nominated~~
Velvet Legacy (MHR Rebellion by *Elimar x Sheer Brillance by MS Santana) Pure Polish
Velvet Carnival (Bandos Las Ladd by *Bandos x Fantaci by *Enoss) Pure Polish - FOR SALE
Thee Orisis (Thee Desperado x Najiba El Nefous (AK Najib Pasha by AK Shah Moniet x TheEgyptianPrince Dtr.) Straight Egyptian
Posted Image

#20 Arlene Magid

Arlene Magid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,652 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 02:49 PM

Elizabeth, I was so sad to read this, but how fortunate you were to have so many wonderful years with Ella! I still remember doing a pedigree research for you on her many years ago. Did you know her son Bismark Bey, by Bey Shah+, is a halter, english pleasure, country pleasure and native costume champion? I bet he got his athletic gifts from her.

Do you still have the research? If not I can see if I still have a copy I can post here.

Posted Image