Photo

Now what?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 WebMaster

WebMaster

ABN CEO

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,664 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 03:25 PM

Well everyone, August is here and to me that means ABN's birthday on the 22... Every year now I try to reflect on the ups and downs, dos and don'ts. here at ABN, two years ago Heidi and I would panic at the thought of Leaving baby alone. We would be on the phone hourly, checking the board at every stop,,, I even stopped at a computer store once to check in.. hope I logged out LOL....

I think "baby" is all grown up now, Heidi and I talk about the horses, kids, family and of course way to many cats.. but seldom about the board, other than it's going well, or did you help so and so.. We have become the caretakers of ABN, seldom if ever moderating a topic.

This year I am feeling very blessed at what "WE" as a community have accomplished, A place we can all feel involved. I don't feel we leave anyone out, I have seen a few posts get covered up by the shear number of topics and posts on the busy days, But someone always manages to take the time to say, "welcome" or give a quick answer to a question.

I know we are not perfect and have had our share of bumps in the internet road, but for the most part, we have matured into what I had envisioned 3 years ago now. A place we can all find a place.

I would like to take a minute to just say "Thank You" ALL. You never proved anything to me ! I believed in this a long time ago..

Also, I know on a few occasions I have offended a few people, there is no excuse for this, and if I have offended anyone please understand I do apologize, (hfs)

Cheers,

Dean

P.S. This is the first year I didn't ask Stacy to proof my post, so it is what it is ! Onward and upward.

#2 Marketing

Marketing

Heidi

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,043 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 03:41 PM

Dean, you haven't called me in the middle of the night for at least a year. This is such a great place to come every day! I see members supporting each other, my favorite is horses being re homed when in need.I remember a time I could post on every thread but now we have so much daily content. I barely find time to read! Now all we need is a farm town and ABN would be perfect!

Posted Image

Copyright 2010

Heidi

TripleHfarm

BINT SAFIERA 2000 Bay mare
SHAMS EL BINA 2002 Bay mare
NAKHDA AL SHAIB 2004 Grey Gelding<---- AL
SIHR JAWHER 2006 Bay Stallion
NADEERAH ALIAH 2006 Bay mare
ZAHRAN HAMRAH 2006 Grey mare
IMANA 2006 bay mare
MALIK AL AASIF 2007 Grey Colt
AL RAZEEL 2010 Chestnut colt for sale
SKYLER the 1/2 Arabian pinto wonder horse

We reserve the banners in signatures for ABN's paying banner sponsors. We'd love to have you join sponsoring ABN in the coming year.

#3 Biscuit

Biscuit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 07:04 PM

I think you guys have done a wonderful job! My love for Arabian horses brought me here and since then I have made wonderful friends, found two wonderful new mares and have become a small breeder. My dreams are being fufilled and a lot is due to ABN.

A heartfelt thanks from a recent member,

Lynn
Lynn Coleman

Proud Mama of:
Rare Essence RIP sweet girl - Feb 22, 1983-Dec 10, 2010
Calli Bey
Tunders Royalty RIP my gentleman - May 18, 1986-Nov 13, 2010
Biscuit
Bint Garzaa
Koko Tchanel
Katz Lunar Eclipse

Posted Image

#4 deettah

deettah

deettah

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,733 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 07:27 PM

Well you know I LOVE it here! So many great friends, and I always feel welcome. Not to mention that ABN has been a huge inspiration and resource for my work. Thanks to both!

Hopeless and devoted to Rose, Akeem, Rosita, Graace and Junior

Posted Image

Copyright 2011

Posted Image

#5 Dahabi Arabians

Dahabi Arabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 07:47 PM

I love it here too!

Thanks so much Dean and Heidi for ALL that you do to make ABN such a wonderful community!

Kindly,
Shannon
Shannon Sariva
DAHABI ARABIANS

#6 mrs epson

mrs epson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,020 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 04:07 AM

Cheers to the ABN!
www.unfetteredarabians.com

"My hubby is one sexy man!" hahahahah very funny Rick!

#7 horsepooralso

horsepooralso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,225 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 04:20 AM

I love ABN and am very thankful for the horse loving friends I have made here.Long live ABN! Sheryl
Sheryl Payne

Posted Image

#8 Deena

Deena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 05:13 AM

Thank you Dean and Heidi for creating such a fun and informative place on the internet for us all to share our love for arabians. There are so many great people that I never would have met any other way. Thank you both!

Deena

#9 ShadowfaxArabians

ShadowfaxArabians

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,878 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 05:17 AM

I agree thank you for all the hard work you guys do on ABN!! Happy B-day ABN
God Bless,
Kay

Shadowfax Arabians
"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God and who have been called according to His purpose" Romans 8:28

#10 BountyHunter

BountyHunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 05:58 AM

cat01.gif

Here's to another great year on ABN!