Photo

I-80 to Reno

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 summerhunny11

summerhunny11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 08:26 PM

It's been a long time since I have been up 80 and would like to know how steep the climb is. I am trying to decide if I should take my little 4 cyl convertible which is gas efficient or hubby's v-8 truck which duh is not. Sometimes you have to blow on my windshield to get it to climb hills LOL. So, how bad is it? If it's steep, my car can only do like 50 dry.gif

My love: JAZZ SAMIR 1993 Grey PB Gelding
Gwalabu (Gwalior x Bint Kyrwa) X WN Baleza (GG Samir x GA Annie)

#2 twnkltoz

twnkltoz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 08:31 PM

Hm...I drive a four-cylinder up there with no problem. I've driven both a 1997 Toyota Corolla and a 2002 Kia Sportage...neither is exactly a power factory.
Jennifer Walker
Capt Han Solo+,Reserve National Champion training level dressage, Top Ten first level dresage, Regional Champion Sport Horse Stallion available for lease
Author of The Riders of Green Meadow Series--Arabian horse fiction for young teens and the young-at-heart

#3 Meralee

Meralee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,046 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 06:49 AM

Its a 4 lane highway-lots of small climbs so I would say you will be fine. Are you comming up for Reg 3? Mer
Gone but always in my heart. Golden Treasure-1980-2008
Founding member of GAHeC All things I say or photos I post are COPYWRITED!!

#4 summerhunny11

summerhunny11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 07:03 AM

HMMM thank you ladies! Yes I will be coming up on Wedsday the 8th right after class to try to make my 1pm class! LOL Mapquest says its going to take 3 hours and I have to leave school at 10am. Gee think Im cutting it close? I am just going to drive 85mph and hope I dont get pulled over LOL! biggrin.gif

#5 Tamcam

Tamcam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,003 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 11:31 AM

QUOTE (summerhunny11 @ Jun 28 2009, 08:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HMMM thank you ladies! Yes I will be coming up on Wedsday the 8th right after class to try to make my 1pm class! LOL Mapquest says its going to take 3 hours and I have to leave school at 10am. Gee think Im cutting it close? I am just going to drive 85mph and hope I dont get pulled over LOL! biggrin.gif

They are currently doing a huge highway project from Colfax to the stateline that has been causing some traffic and delay issues. You need to factor that into the time.

Car wise you'll be fine.

Posted Image

Copyright 2011

Posted Image

#6 twnkltoz

twnkltoz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 06:21 PM

Can you skip school that day?
Jennifer Walker
Capt Han Solo+,Reserve National Champion training level dressage, Top Ten first level dresage, Regional Champion Sport Horse Stallion available for lease
Author of The Riders of Green Meadow Series--Arabian horse fiction for young teens and the young-at-heart

#7 summerhunny11

summerhunny11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 05:33 AM

QUOTE (twnkltoz @ Jun 28 2009, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can you skip school that day?

I may have to....I am already skipping Thurs. Its a summer class so skipping 2 days is like skipping a week. bigemo_harabe_net-135.gif
I will probably skip or leave early and call a friend to help me with homework

#8 twnkltoz

twnkltoz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 08:08 AM

I hate to encourage you to miss that much school, but I'd be afraid of you driving 85 up there and A. getting in a wreck or B. getting a ticket or C. missing your class anyway! You don't want to get on your horse when you're all frazzled from the drive, either--that won't help either of you.
Jennifer Walker

#9 summerhunny11

summerhunny11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 10:40 AM

QUOTE (twnkltoz @ Jun 29 2009, 09:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hate to encourage you to miss that much school, but I'd be afraid of you driving 85 up there and A. getting in a wreck or B. getting a ticket or C. missing your class anyway! You don't want to get on your horse when you're all frazzled from the drive, either--that won't help either of you.

Good news! I will arrive safely LOL. My teacher is letting me take my exam at 8am and I can leave by 8:30 or 8:45! Should be ok then

#10 twnkltoz

twnkltoz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:08 AM

Phew...much better!
Jennifer Walker